Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Hmm. Does anyone know if they made any improvements/remodels or if it's just a rebrand?
Rooms were renovated prior to the rebrand. Including removal of desks.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
Rooms were renovated prior to the rebrand. Including removal of desks.
Unfortunate.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Stayed here for a week back in February. Nice rooms, great diamond breakfast, and good location for exploring. Overall a nice stay.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:40 pm
K79

Originally Posted by cascade
Stayed here for a week back in February. Nice rooms, great diamond breakfast, and good location for exploring. Overall a nice stay.
I stayed at this property one night last week. Breakfast was meh; limited options for non-pork eaters. Service at the restaurant was off that morning. People walked in and grabbed tables on their own, despite a sign saying "Please wait to be seated." I was seated after 15 minutes of waiting only to find out that the table was occupied by someone who chose to take it without being seated by the hostess. I was then offered to sit outside the main dining area. The room I stayed was decent and clean. The location of the hotel is good if you want to walk around the area and the Piers.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
U
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
Is the Executive Suite large enough for 2 adults and 2 kids (it doesn't indicate if the sofa is a sleeper). I'd be fine fine with roll away beds too.

It looks like this is the only suite so I assume its available with a DSU? Thanks for any input here...
Stayed here in an Executive Suite for 2 nights last weekend on a DSU. Decent room. Didn't check to see if the sofa was a sleeper; it is an odd L-shaped couch with no back for the short end of the L. Not a great couch for watching the 65" screen... but the suite I was in is a genuine 2 room layout and there would have been plenty of room for a rollaway to go along with the couch.

Only one bathroom though (nicely renovated, no tub). So might be a bit hectic for a family of 4 if any of the adults are bathroom hogs...
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:53 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I just completed a one night stay. I found the property to be quite pleasant would consider staying here again. Check in was easy and I was pleased, as a Platinum to receive a voucher for $20 to be used in the Bar/Restaurant. Room was well designed and bed was very comfortable with multiple pillows. Great shower which is a big plus. The restaurant is not a fine dining restaurant but more of a bar with small plates. The cocktails were beautifully prepared and my sliders were terrific.
I used an anniversary Hyatt Chase Award. Good use of an award night.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:36 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Just noticed when checking rates, that this hotel is now also a Centric.
Maybe a moderator can adjust the title?

Last edited by 59Impala; Jun 7, 2016 at 12:57 pm
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:31 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by a193991
Just noticed when checking rates, that this hotel is now also a Centric.
Maybe a moderator can adjust the title?
Done
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by cliff9973
I was able to order off the menu without a problem. Also, when I asked about overnight street parking the front desk generously offered to comp the parking charge. This was a one-night weekend stay.
Car break-ins have been a problem in SF for a while due to city policies. When I stay at this property and street-park, I always make sure my car is clear and the hatch-back trunk area is visibly empty. No problems thus far.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
This place is really growing on me. Not sure why I didn't do a review the first time I was here, but had a recent second stay using a DSU as well. I was really happy with the room, one of 3 suites in the hotel.

Big suite with separate living room and nice big bathroom. Rooms are nicer than the HR SF and close to the GH.

Breakfast in the (rather small) restaurant. There are a few kind of awkward two-top tables in the hallway where we were put. Quieter but we felt rather isolated and ignored.

The buffet is just ok. I didn't really remember it from the first time, but next stay, I'm ordering off the menu. Fruit, croissants, sausage, bacon, eggs, cheese and cold ham. As someone noted up thread, not many good options for non-pork eaters.

All in all, a great stay. All 3 Hyatts in SF are distinctly different but all are solid. With the HR going up to a Cat. 5, this is going to be my go-to for sure.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:33 am

Had 1 night stay here. Really decent hotel and you can't beat the location. Ordered Bf from the menu as buffet was rather small and limited. I was surprised to see our Mimosas were covered too. Note on parking - it's like $50 but just ask the front desk for the discounted price or other options close by. They usually offer $20-$25 for Valler to diamonds. I have paid $20 twice.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:50 am

One thing I forgot to mention is that our stay a week or so ago was highlighted by loud protestors who were picketing the Hyatt Centric on the sidewalk in front of the property. They were yelling on bullhorns, handing out flyers, and harrassing people (including us) leaving the hotel. Apparently they are unhappy with some labor practices of Hyatt. I didn't listen to them or stick around long enough to find out exactly why they were upset. They had left, fortunately, by the time it was time to sleep, so they didn't bother us too much.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:16 am

Oh yeah, they've also switched over to the "Bee Kind" toiletries here, which are apparently now brand-standard for Centric. They're significantly worse than Kenet MD. Not sure why there is Kenet at HR, HP, and HH, and this crap at Centrics.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:07 pm

Yeah, we had the same protesters. It seems as though they have been coming for months.

Unfortunately for us, they came at 5pm on Friday, and then 7am-8am on Saturday. That was a painful wake-up call....
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I've rented meeting rooms at this property from time to time. On more than one occasion, these pests have called me to try to pressure me into moving the event to a union hotel.

I see plenty of meetings at this property, so their empty threats against meeting planners don't seem to have much effect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.