Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does anyone have any new info on the renovations? I have a trip out the SF next month and I am trying to decide whether to stay here (FW) or the HR
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:36 am

We were there for a night at the beginning of June and the lobby still had some detail work going on, but overall most of it was complete (No temporary front desk as others have said etc.) They were doing some railing welding and grinding around noon time the day we checked out. Not sure if there is anything more major they were doing but based on it being almost 2 months since I was there I bet they are done.

Even for our stay, it did not disturb us one bit. We had a great night at this hotel, room was awesome and the location can not be beat (stayed on CC annual free night as platinum). Parking was a little expensive though which was a bummer, but San Francisco is in general.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thebill0322
the location can not be beat
That is highly debatable

Though I agree it's convenient to some very nice areas, including particularly Fort Mason and Crissy Field, plus easy access to the bridge and Marin. Not to mention the In-n-Out Burger.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Kacee
That is highly debatable

Though I agree it's convenient to some very nice areas, including particularly Fort Mason and Crissy Field, plus easy access to the bridge and Marin. Not to mention the In-n-Out Burger.
If you want Fisherman's Wharf then it's a great location.

If you want easy walking to the BART, not so much.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 7:48 pm

Could someone describe what the Diamond breakfast amenity is like at this hotel?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by JunkDiver
Could someone describe what the Diamond breakfast amenity is like at this hotel?
I stayed there recently with my wife and it was breakfast for both of us in the restaurant.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Breakfast in the Breakfast Buffett in the Breakfast Room/Restaurant. Selection consists of fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, bread, pastries, cheese, crackers, and the like. It was fairly decent IMO thought there is also a hot spot for breakfast across the street that appeared to be quite popular if you are not too keen on the Hyatt selection.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:39 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond
I was able to order off the menu without a problem. Also, when I asked about overnight street parking the front desk generously offered to comp the parking charge. This was a one-night weekend stay.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:23 pm

I was here a month ago for a couple nights. Front desk cut the parking in half to $25 without asking. The four of us (wife, two kids) ordered whatever we wanted for breakfast. We got a few things from the buffet (ie bacon) and ordered off the menu. I got crab cake benedict which was pretty good.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Business travelers take note: Since the June remodel, the rooms at this property do not have desks. There are only three rooms in the entire hotel (Executive Suites) that have desks.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:24 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Business travelers take note: Since the June remodel, the rooms at this property do not have desks. There are only three rooms in the entire hotel (Executive Suites) that have desks.
I stayed at this property for 5 nights a few months ago and noticed this. There was a table (what the hotel calls a "Multi-functional work station", I assume) that could be dragged in front of the couch, but it was not a particularly comfortable work environment.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by skj
I stayed at this property for 5 nights a few months ago and noticed this. There was a table (what the hotel calls a "Multi-functional work station", I assume) that could be dragged in front of the couch, but it was not a particularly comfortable work environment.
Hyatt apparently followed Marriott on this particular remodel. There's an entertaining thread on the Marriott forum about the removal of desks from their rooms. The Idiots Who Design Marriott Rooms.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Is the Executive Suite large enough for 2 adults and 2 kids (it doesn't indicate if the sofa is a sleeper). I'd be fine fine with roll away beds too.

It looks like this is the only suite so I assume its available with a DSU? Thanks for any input here...

Last edited by laxsnaogg; Jan 15, 2016 at 3:31 pm Reason: grammar
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Now officially converted to a Centric:

http://fishermanswharf.centric.hyatt...otel/home.html
Old Apr 23, 2016, 12:19 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Now officially converted to a Centric:

http://fishermanswharf.centric.hyatt...otel/home.html
Hmm. Does anyone know if they made any improvements/remodels or if it's just a rebrand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.