Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:33 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

As a long time Diamond and Globalist I can't remember when I have ever seen a complimentary parking for a revenue stay when there is a daily charge except on award
Anyone else?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:15 pm

Front desk clerk told me parking is waived on all rates for globalist, so next time I should not book a rate that includes parking but just the cheapest.
Breakfast is miserable, of course it was free but I would not even pay $5 for the breakfast here
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
As a long time Diamond and Globalist I can't remember when I have ever seen a complimentary parking for a revenue stay when there is a daily charge except on award
Anyone else?
Just checked out this past weekend and had the parking fee waived on a cash rate.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Front desk clerk told me parking is waived on all rates for globalist, so next time I should not book a rate that includes parking but just the cheapest.
Breakfast is miserable, of course it was free but I would not even pay $5 for the breakfast here
I enjoyed the breakfast. Did you get the buffet or order off the menu?

It's diner food (bacon, eggs, pancakes) but the quality was fine. Honestly I generally like "fancy" food but in the morning I want my bacon and eggs and coffee.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I enjoyed the breakfast. Did you get the buffet or order off the menu?

It's diner food (bacon, eggs, pancakes) but the quality was fine. Honestly I generally like "fancy" food but in the morning I want my bacon and eggs and coffee.
Buffet. Was told by the staff that was the globalist breakfast.
Breakfast is like at a Hyatt House, but without the selection. Sausages at Holiday Inn Express are better. 2 juices (cranberry and orange). Also bacon (nothing special), potatoes (just like at Hyatt House), a cooked to order omelette that had no flavor (is that my fault? Like Mongolian bbq where you have to put in the sauce?).
Luckily I didn't pay $27
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by ewrp12
Just checked out this past weekend and had the parking fee waived on a cash rate.
Incredibly generous and impressive I wish more hotels would do that!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Incredibly generous and impressive I wish more hotels would do that!
The Director of Operations emailed me before my stay and I specifically asked him if parking would be waived. He said yes. I'm not sure if it's general policy or if he made an exception because I asked.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Buffet. Was told by the staff that was the globalist breakfast.
You can order off the menu or get the buffet.

Ordering off the menu is better if you're not in a rush.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
You can order off the menu or get the buffet.

Ordering off the menu is better if you're not in a rush.
It definitely looked better. But I didn't know what the buffet looked like before the waiter chose the buffet for us. Then I still didn't know where the buffet was. And had to ask.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:42 pm

I don't get what Hyatt Centric hotels are supposed to be. Too big to be boutique. Some with lounges, some without. Pool like limited-service properties.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by chaotix
Quick data point. Arrived yesterday and received 2 small chocolates and a bottle of water at check-in as an Explorist. Was assigned a courtyard view king on the 4th floor (out of 5) so I don't think I got any kind of an upgrade, or even "best available" room. There is apparently a $20 destination fee which wasn't mentioned at check in, but apparently paid for the liter-sized bottle of water waiting for me in my room.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...sfofw/policies
My understanding on the destination fee is that it's for all hotels in San Francisco. I noticed them on all 3 Hyatt properties in SF; I didn't bother checking other hotel programs yet.
When I stayed at this property a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't charged the destination fee. I used a free night from Chase CC for one night and points for the second night. For weekends, the hotel is a bargain on points. For weekdays, it looks like it's better to pay the cash rate.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I don't get what Hyatt Centric hotels are supposed to be. Too big to be boutique. Some with lounges, some without. Pool like limited-service properties.
Yeah, I'm not 100% sure either since I've only stayed in two of them (Santa Barbara and San Francisco). Kind of Hyatt Lite, but as long as it has a real restaurant I tend to think of it as reasonably full-service. I realize there are other things that technically make it full service, but real menu, three meals a day, full bar...good enough for me. I also recall the SF hotel appeared to have some decent sized meeting space and an onsite travel agent hawking tickets to local events. Don't recall if there was a spa.

Did not have the vibe that the obvious limited-service Marriott and Hilton brands have. Felt more full-service than that. But nothing particularly boutique about it either.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
We will have 3 adults in our double room. Is there a dollar limit for breakfast? Or is it limited to 2 adults? Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:27 pm

I believe the Centric brand makes great sense.
You can't certainly call them a Grand Hyatt as they aren't luxurious as most of them are
Its not big enough to truly be a Regency and it certainly isn't a Park Hyatt.
To me they are somewhere between Ikea Boutique for a less well healed customer that might prefer the price point to an Andaz or W Hotel
or just trying to save some $$$
Hyatt wanted something to differentiate and at the same time appeal somewhat to Millennials on their way up
I think it actually works fairly well.

Returned form the Honolulu Centric in Honolulu and liked it very much for the price point and didn't care that I was further away from the ocean and beach
My only criticisms are no newspapers, pretty awful breakfast (ick) though better than a Hyatt Place and inadequate fitness center.
Otherwise nice new and centrally well located with fairly satisfactory service
The furniture wasn't high end but had a young stylish vibe on a budget.Which IMO is what Centric aims for which is the in between a low end and a premium property
I'd go back in the right situation for a short stay.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/hotels/2015/01/27/hyatt-new-brand-centric/22388513/
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
For weekdays, it looks like it's better to pay the cash rate.
lol, except for when the cheapest room is $799 per night (like it is tomorrow). Rates are typically sky-high in SF during the week. It's the weekends that rooms can (sometimes) be had under $200/night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.