Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:48 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Kacee
So? Hyatt owned is no indicator of quality or good elite treatment. PH NYC and the former GH NY are both Hyatt owned, as is PH Vendome (which you've just been criticizing harshly in another thread).
Sheesh your after me this week
Take your happy pills/ Typically I'm a big Kacee fan with your on point informative posts.
I happen to like the Park Hyatt Vendome very much and they have been great to me for all the years without exception.
I've always had impressive Glob suite upgrades complimentary on the occasions I have stayed there.We all enjoyed breakfast immensely there every morning
That's the beauty of Hyatt when on point you are excited to dine on property
Manager absolutely awesome.She came down every day to chat with us passionately
What I criticized previously at Park Vendome and apparently mistakenly was the selling of upgrades to top tier elites which turns out was not the case at all.
I believe you pointed out previously in that given thread and I replied nothing wrong at all in that case.

But back to your comment which I can't fully disagree with I do find that corporate hotels like the Park Hyatt New York and not limited too that property
generally have a much higher standards of housekeeping overall.Perhaps more perception than fact.
Hyatt Centric FW does not have good housekeeping standards.Its so poor that I am not likely coming back
Its almost like Hyatt House or Hyatt Place you don't what to expect standard wise could be good,bad or downright horrible.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
What I criticized previously at Park Vendome and apparently mistakenly was the selling of upgrades to top tier elites which turns out was not the case at all.
Well, I'm a top tier elite and they sell me upgrades - less expensive than others because I apply a TSU, but that doesn't give you a real suite.
But these are confirmed upgrades. Unlike Andaz Maui which is upon arrival (again, my experience is from an already applied TSU; in Andaz Maui, a real suite).
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I just booked a one-night stay at this hotel. What's there to see around this hotel? Any decent or must-go-to places to eat lunch and dinner?

Thank you!
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Was there a few weeks ago. As for stuff to see- embarcadero and fisherman’s wharf, walk along the water to soma (or take a trolley). Trolleys and buses (muni) take cash or you can grab a clipper card at a station. Can also get to Chinatown/fidi by the bus. Could hike to coit tower and also go down Lombard st. If you’re planning on Alcatraz, get tickets early as day of tickets are usually hard to come by.

You could dm canadiancow as he lives out in sf iirc. I liked Marlowe (restaurant) for their Brussels sprouts and mains. Haven’t been there in a couple years though. Food wise I think the area around the hotel is less interesting / more touristy due to proximity to fisherman’s wharf. Instead I like to venture out to haight-ashbury and the mission area instead.
kevino and lsquare like this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by homegrowned
Was there a few weeks ago. As for stuff to see- embarcadero and fisherman’s wharf, walk along the water to soma (or take a trolley). Trolleys and buses (muni) take cash or you can grab a clipper card at a station. Can also get to Chinatown/fidi by the bus. Could hike to coit tower and also go down Lombard st. If you’re planning on Alcatraz, get tickets early as day of tickets are usually hard to come by.

You could dm canadiancow as he lives out in sf iirc. I liked Marlowe (restaurant) for their Brussels sprouts and mains. Haven’t been there in a couple years though. Food wise I think the area around the hotel is less interesting / more touristy due to proximity to fisherman’s wharf. Instead I like to venture out to haight-ashbury and the mission area instead.
What's the breakfast like?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
They let you order from the menu. Avocado toast, pancakes (with table re: high fructose corn syrup not maple syrup), eggs etc. both days I ordered a glass of juice, tea and a main.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by homegrowned
They let you order from the menu. Avocado toast, pancakes (with table re: high fructose corn syrup not maple syrup), eggs etc. both days I ordered a glass of juice, tea and a main.
Yes, I'm here right now. Thank you! It's a decent breakfast. Will post more later and my opinion of the hotel. Btw, I'm a Globalist.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 3:05 pm

Was here for a one-night stay and upgraded as a Globalist to a “deluxe” King on the 4th floor which overlooked the pool. Asked about an upgrade earlier on their “request” chat line and no one bothered to answer/not working. Asked at check-in and was told I’d received one of the nicest rooms. Not really any bigger, it seems, but laid out with a small sitting area along the windows across from the bathroom. A suite was available online, but wasn’t going to argue. Hotel is nothing special and, as noted upthread, primarily caters to tourists.

The avocado toast at breakfast was ok. Had it with bacon and coffee — total around $36, Was not informed at check-in of any dollar limit. But when the final revised bill was emailed, it had a $7 “gratuity” charge added. Since I’d left the guy $10 in cash/tip, I was confused. Upon calling, the agent, after checking with others, determined it was “because I went over $50”. Also made no sense because I didn’t. No real explanation beyond that, but they removed the charge…making it sound like they’d done me a big favor. I guess guests need to clarify the breakfast specifics at check-in…I was simply told, “breakfast is included.”
Old Dec 1, 2022, 2:00 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I thought about staying here @ the Hyatt last night but the hotel was @ about 200
So crossed the street and tried out the Kimpton Alton
on sale @ 120 per night plus a 35 dollar amenity fee 🙄
The hotel is in superior condition with no stench of perfume in the rooms.
My upgraded room has a vastly better hard product superior beds and the bathroom is beautiful like a 5 star luxury hotel
vs dated & a moldy grouting at the Hyatt .Guest room which was upgraded is huge but has a through the wall HVAC
Hyatt centric fisherman’s wharf has never upgraded me as a globalist
They offered free breakfast as a one time courtesy
but I didn’t feel the vibe when I looked in so had free tea and coffee in the lobby and heading out later for some fantastic
dining.

Late 2 PM checkout was granted cheerfully with my complimentary Plat status
I will likely come back again when the rates are that low.It’s a great deal and I don’t have to waste 23000 points at Hyatt.
Point redemptions here were 19 to 21k a night making it less than half the cost of a redemption at the Hyatt being the program earning is at 10 points per dollar and up
My only complaint is the amount of pets here which are encouraged and a false fire alarm
Old Mar 11, 2023, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Just finished a three night stay for work. Definitely more of a budget tourist hotel with slightly tired rooms, but more than fits the bill at <$200 a night rooms which SF sorely lacks these days. Kind night desk agent (older Chinese gentleman, think his name was William?) that helped me check in after I misplaced my wallet, gave me some free snacks from the mart, and proactively offered 4PM late checkout. I’d stay at the HR Embarcadero next time for the right price but I don’t think this is as bad as previous posts made it seem.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 8:14 pm

2 night stay. Booked a double room but SUA'd into an executive suite. This was a BRG so final price after tax/fees was $159/night.

Lots of space in the suite and everything clean and functional, but overall the room and the property feels like an HP.

Gym was adequate...did not use the pools but they seemed ok as well. Location was great for touristy stuff. Breakfast was alright...nothing special but not bad either.

Globalist recognition at check in and check out, was partially charged for our tip at buffet breakfast on both days (which suggests some kind of limit on breakfast) but the checkout agent wiped it out at checkout without prompting. Offered 4pm checkout (but only needed 12:30p)
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 12:22 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
2 night stay. Booked a double room but SUA'd into an executive suite. This was a BRG so final price after tax/fees was $159/night.

Lots of space in the suite and everything clean and functional, but overall the room and the property feels like an HP.

Gym was adequate...did not use the pools but they seemed ok as well. Location was great for touristy stuff. Breakfast was alright...nothing special but not bad either.

Globalist recognition at check in and check out, was partially charged for our tip at buffet breakfast on both days (which suggests some kind of limit on breakfast) but the checkout agent wiped it out at checkout without prompting. Offered 4pm checkout (but only needed 12:30p)
Thanks for the review - was considering this one for an upcoming trip since it’s so much cheaper than other options during the week. Glad to hear it’s at least clean.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Thanks for the review - was considering this one for an upcoming trip since it’s so much cheaper than other options during the week. Glad to hear it’s at least clean.
Our suite was and so were the common areas. But I wouldn't be shocked if some of the rooms aren't as well kept. It really felt like an HP in decor and I'm sure it was converted from a different brand. The suite didn't have a tub, which I think was a first for me.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 3:12 pm

Also, be aware that the hotel is currently undergoing renovations (exterior as well as interior). I stayed there recently for one night and was upgraded to a corner room, which was nice enough and spacious. But starting at 9 AM, construction began and there were construction workers walking along the scaffolding that ran around every window in the room (including the bathroom, which did not have a window shade). The receptionist did inform me at check-in that they were doing work on the hotel, and I was only there for a night, but if it were a longer stay I would probably get annoyed by the lack of privacy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.