Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
As of February 2024:

Closest open entrance from the hotel to the Metro Center Station is 11th & G Streets.

Active construction (jackhammers and loud banging) on the 12th and 11th floors. Hotel Is booking rooms directly under the construction zone!

Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2024, 11:49 am

Anyone know if they are putting new/different mattresses in rooms?
Old May 27, 2024, 10:33 am

Just finished a stay here. Love the renovated room! Bedding and pillows were excellent, appreciated the individual thermostat and larger in-room refrigerators. Shower water pressure could be a little higher but water temperature was very good. Looking forward to seeing the renovated suites!

Lounge evening selections were the same although presentation seemed improved. Dessert hour was as usual, substantial, and featured many varied items. Breakfast always excellent. The lounge was extremely busy with lots of little kids so make sure to arrive early.
Attached Images      
Old Jun 10, 2024, 3:20 pm

Just returned from a weekend stay as a globalist. Lounge was suppose to be closed. Even did a chat and they said it was closed, but still open. I would call the hotel directly before your stay on the most current info. Stayed on the 12th floor/lounge floor in a renovated room. Hints for the new rooms. They have two drawers hidden under the bench. No dresser. That is it for drawers except the bedside table. Coffee machine out. Coffee setup is hidden in a drawer right above the safe. Bathroom is shower only. Very nice. We did not hear any noise except for a very faint noise on check- in in lobby. They are working 7 days a week. It appears they only do a couple of rooms at a time. Used valet for car. On check out they had fee on bill, but took it off after mentioning I should not be charged. You can tip the valet on your phone. Still no upgrade to a suite. I did think the lounge offerings were better than before.
Old Today, 8:43 am

I love this property. Granted it's got sentimental value to me because it was my first (of many) trips down to DC. Went here for FTU DC 2023 and it's how I got my NYC Meetup off the ground.

Unfortunately I probably won't be visiting DC for a while because my ex goes to school down there and... yuck. But that's not Hyatt's fault lol.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Today, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by need a vacay
Just returned from a weekend stay as a globalist. Lounge was suppose to be closed. Even did a chat and they said it was closed, but still open. I would call the hotel directly before your stay on the most current info. Stayed on the 12th floor/lounge floor in a renovated room. Hints for the new rooms. They have two drawers hidden under the bench. No dresser. That is it for drawers except the bedside table. Coffee machine out. Coffee setup is hidden in a drawer right above the safe. Bathroom is shower only. Very nice. We did not hear any noise except for a very faint noise on check- in in lobby. They are working 7 days a week. It appears they only do a couple of rooms at a time. Used valet for car. On check out they had fee on bill, but took it off after mentioning I should not be charged. You can tip the valet on your phone. Still no upgrade to a suite. I did think the lounge offerings were better than before.
Glad to hear the noise was not noticeable from the 12th floor. My grand plans to stay here the past few months got shelved because I can't stand hearing construction noise from my hotel room (and sometimes I need to concentrate -- or nap! -- midday, so having it happen "only" during working hours is no consolation).

I'm on a Thompson kick now because it's so cheap, the breakfast is decent, and the double night promo was extended, but I'll come back here again soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.