Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
As of February 2024:

Closest open entrance from the hotel to the Metro Center Station is 11th & G Streets.

Active construction (jackhammers and loud banging) on the 12th and 11th floors. Hotel Is booking rooms directly under the construction zone!

Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2024, 4:05 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
To emphasize the caring aspect of this property, the Ops Director just emailed me asking for feedback.
Singapore_Air and Dr Jabadski like this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
To emphasize the caring aspect of this property, the Ops Director just emailed me asking for feedback.
Is it the note that begins with, Ive heard it said that hospitality is present? If so, thats a form email I receive after every stay.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:20 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
FWIW, our Grand Suite last weekend was directly under the construction on the 11th floor. We returned on a Sunday afternoon to find they were doing demo work with jackhammers; the noise in our room was extreme and unbearable. We went down to Cure and used our drink and food vouchers (I also don't drink alcohol; I got an iced tea with refills) to kill an hour before they ended work at 5 pm. The jackhammering noise the next morning reverberated throughout the atrium. I sent an email to the front desk managers on the Acela home letting them know I really thought they needed to be more aggressive on blocking rooms near the construction and being transparent on the possibility of noise and water disruption. To their credit, the manager on duty emailed me back within a few hours apologizing and posted 8,500 points to my account.

I also got the "I’ve heard it said that hospitality is present when something happens for you, and absent when something happens to you..." email from the Operations Management team the next day.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:47 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
FWIW, even if it's a form email, I sent them my review on here, and they responded back today and brought up individual points. It shows caring that they even ask and read - outside of a survey.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:31 pm

Disappointed this will be changing from a Category 4 to a Category 5 hotel, but I guess it's to be expected given the upcoming renovations and high demand. Everytime I've stayed here there's always been a large meeting or convention running concurrently.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Having a streak of not so exciting Grand Hyatts with globalist status. NO room upgrades ever for some reason. The "Cure Bar & Bistro" bar here in place of the club was pretty bad. 2 drinks and 2 appetizer voucher just pales extremely in comparison to a club. DO NOT GET CHICKEN KAARAGE LOL, it's chicken wings in teriyaki sauce. Stayed 1 night here before finishing the rest of my DC trip at PH DC, MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

Anyone have reqs for GOOD Grand Hyatts? Tokyo GH has been the biggest let down EVER, no upgrades ever no matter what. I don't understand that hotel.

I heard great things about GH HK with their amazing club, final redemption?!?

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
It's been awhile since I stayed at the GH DC, and we loved it. Despite the bathrooms needing an obvious refresh, the room furniture was in great condition. Best night of sleep ever on their Sealy Posturepedic mattresses and pillows. Excellent club fare; the dessert hour was tremendous (definitely recommend grabbing a few of their hearty, thick cookies). Can't wait to see the rooms post renovation.
Wow this is what the club offered? Hella bad alternative with their 1 app 1 drink voucher of low quality.

Last edited by Zorak; Feb 28, 2024 at 9:54 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by askyamaz
Having a streak of not so exciting Grand Hyatts with globalist status. NO room upgrades ever for some reason. The "Cure Bar & Bistro" bar here in place of the club was pretty bad. 2 drinks and 2 appetizer voucher just pales extremely in comparison to a club. DO NOT GET CHICKEN KAARAGE LOL, it's chicken wings in teriyaki sauce. Stayed 1 night here before finishing the rest of my DC trip at PH DC, MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

Anyone have reqs for GOOD Grand Hyatts? Tokyo GH has been the biggest let down EVER, no upgrades ever no matter what. I don't understand that hotel.

I heard great things about GH HK with their amazing club, final redemption?!?
Off topic but GH Tokyo is one of the busiest WOH elites hotels in the system. They get WOH redemptions, corporate business, governmental/US military stays on top of your normal tourists and the domestic staycation crowd. Always book what you can live with.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
FWIW, our Grand Suite last weekend was directly under the construction on the 11th floor. We returned on a Sunday afternoon to find they were doing demo work with jackhammers; the noise in our room was extreme and unbearable. We went down to Cure and used our drink and food vouchers (I also don't drink alcohol; I got an iced tea with refills) to kill an hour before they ended work at 5 pm. The jackhammering noise the next morning reverberated throughout the atrium. I sent an email to the front desk managers on the Acela home letting them know I really thought they needed to be more aggressive on blocking rooms near the construction and being transparent on the possibility of noise and water disruption. To their credit, the manager on duty emailed me back within a few hours apologizing and posted 8,500 points to my account.

I also got the "Ive heard it said that hospitality is present when something happens for you, and absent when something happens to you..." email from the Operations Management team the next day.
You just turned me off of staying here over Memorial Day. I had it booked but this sounds absolutely nightmarish.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
For a stay at current points and using a TSU for next March, would you recommend GH or PH?

I assume GH renovations will be done by then?

In favor of GH - better location for museums, true suite.
In favor of PH - I usually love PH hard product. And Blue Duck Tavern is reportingly getting back to form
Against PH -TSU confirms into a junior suite? If so, a big minus given the point difference.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
For a stay at current points and using a TSU for next March, would you recommend GH or PH?

In favor of GH - better location for museums, true suite.
In favor of PH - I usually love PH hard product. And Blue Duck Tavern is reportingly getting back to form
Against PH -TSU confirms into a junior suite? If so, a big minus given the point difference.
it's arguably the worst of all the park hyatts
Old Mar 8, 2024, 4:02 pm

I know the tip is covered for breakfast as a globalist benefit, but what about the drinks and apps in the Cure bar? Did you tip on that? Did they give you a receipt to sign? Just wondering what to do on my visit.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 4:05 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I was told by my server at Cure there was nothing to sign. I left some cash on the table.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 4:09 pm

I was told by my server at Cure there was nothing to sign. I left some cash on the table.

Thanks for the quick reply. Thought a tip might be in order.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by beachfan

Renovations are supposed to be completed by October 2024.
beachfan likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:44 pm

I also got the "Ive heard it said that hospitality is present when something happens for you, and absent when something happens to you..." email from the Operations Management team the next day.

I had a similar experience staying at the Grand Hyatt DC yesterday. They placed me in a standard room on the 10th floor right below the jackhammering... I responded to their email regarding all the noise and the issues with the room. The ops dir replied with a lengthy response apologizing for the renovation. I replied mentioning that a colleague received some points as a courtesy for the disturbance as well and the ops dir. replied to ask the name of the "colleague"... Is there any chance I could grab your first name from you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.