FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:44 pm
g2525

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
FWIW, our Grand Suite last weekend was directly under the construction on the 11th floor. We returned on a Sunday afternoon to find they were doing demo work with jackhammers; the noise in our room was extreme and unbearable. We went down to Cure and used our drink and food vouchers (I also don't drink alcohol; I got an iced tea with refills) to kill an hour before they ended work at 5 pm. The jackhammering noise the next morning reverberated throughout the atrium. I sent an email to the front desk managers on the Acela home letting them know I really thought they needed to be more aggressive on blocking rooms near the construction and being transparent on the possibility of noise and water disruption. To their credit, the manager on duty emailed me back within a few hours apologizing and posted 8,500 points to my account.

I also got the "I’ve heard it said that hospitality is present when something happens for you, and absent when something happens to you..." email from the Operations Management team the next day.

I had a similar experience staying at the Grand Hyatt DC yesterday. They placed me in a standard room on the 10th floor right below the jackhammering... I responded to their email regarding all the noise and the issues with the room. The ops dir replied with a lengthy response apologizing for the renovation. I replied mentioning that a colleague received some points as a courtesy for the disturbance as well and the ops dir. replied to ask the name of the "colleague"... Is there any chance I could grab your first name from you?