Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
As of February 2024:

Closest open entrance from the hotel to the Metro Center Station is 11th & G Streets.

Active construction (jackhammers and loud banging) on the 12th and 11th floors. Hotel Is booking rooms directly under the construction zone!

Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:41 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Very sorry to hear of your negative experience with your stay and it's really disappointing to hear that one month into the renovations and they are still booking rooms directly under the construction zone. That being said, compensation is a variable and subjective matter; I suspect my Globalist status was a contributing factor. If you have the same status, then I would follow up with your concierge or Hyatt Corporate. If not, to preserve the integrity of the program and its benefits, I must decline your request.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:03 am

The drinks and apps in the cure are one per register guest or one per room?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 5:14 am

If you go back to post 423 in this thread, there's a picture of the voucher; the terms are printed on it.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
If you go back to post 423 in this thread, there's a picture of the voucher; the terms are printed on it.
Post 423 link for those on mobile with the infinite scroll issues on long threads.
River in Sight, dpb132 and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by jbandy10
it's arguably the worst of all the park hyatts
Does that mean you recommend the GH?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by beachfan
For a stay at current points and using a TSU for next March, would you recommend GH or PH?

I assume GH renovations will be done by then?

In favor of GH - better location for museums, true suite.
In favor of PH - I usually love PH hard product. And Blue Duck Tavern is reportingly getting back to form
Against PH -TSU confirms into a junior suite? If so, a big minus given the point difference.
still hoping for a recommendation ; want to book before category changes.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:09 am

Any thoughts for a trip this summer for my family (2 adults + a 4 year old). Would be during lounge closure.

Options: Grand Hyatt Conference Suite or Park Hyatt Junior Suite

​​​​​​Pretty much only thing holding me back from switching over to the Grand is potential for noise issues (I was looking forward to Blue Duck breakfast as well). Location and room at Grand seem much better though. No more naps, so not concerned about that getting interrupted, but still might want to spend some time mid day to relax.

Anyone with experience at both hotels know if the advantages of the Grand are worth risking noise issues?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 6:09 am

I'm personally done with the PH; the location isn't the best if you want to go out and about on foot or via mass transit vs. the GH. If staying at the GH, I would insist on a lower floor room not facing the atrium.
ProjectSunburst likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 16, 2024 at 10:38 am
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:53 pm

I contacted concierge for TSU upgrade as Conference Suite is available for cash. But it was turned down and told conference suite is not eligible for upgrade. Only executive suite and grand suite are for TSU.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by mebluemouse
I contacted concierge for TSU upgrade as Conference Suite is available for cash. But it was turned down and told conference suite is not eligible for upgrade. Only executive suite and grand suite are for TSU.
I was told the same about a week ago
Old Mar 21, 2024, 9:34 pm

Yeah, the Conference suite is apparently mislabeled.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
As of this morning, the grand club is open again and they are no longer providing vouchers or breakfast in the restaurant. The club looks the same as before. The hotel staff said they are now working on floors 10 and 11. I am on the 5th floor and can hear a drilling/grinding noise during the construction hours but it is manageable.
365RoadWarrior and dpb132 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ronbo83
The club looks the same as before.
According to their website they will be closing the club again in early June for a multi-month remodel.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 7:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by stalker
Yeah, the Conference suite is apparently mislabeled.
it is. I got so frustrated trying to apply a SUA via multiple channels i decided to text the hotel asking about it (no other standard suites available). Reply text had me in one. No SUA. Globalist and have stayed there before but was surprised how easy it was.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jbandy10
it's arguably the worst of all the park hyatts
Personally, I rather like it. It may help that I've stayed there (checks accounts) 19 nights so far this year. But I enjoy Blue Duck Tavern, particularly for a free breakfast. I find the service is usually quite good including any requests that I've made via text. (They usually text me a bit before I arrive and periodically through my stay to see if I need anything.) Valet service is generally quite prompt. Moreover, I find the service to be quite friendly.

I'll admit that my PH experience is limited to NYC and DC. I find NYC to be professional, but not warm or welcoming. I also prefer the public spaces in DC (particularly the bar/lounge/ tea cellar, which is a nice place to hang out.

In answer to the original question, when PH is unavailable, I will stay at GH if it is available. I prefer PH.

Finally, one war story in support of PH. I once arrived and it turned out I'd made an error and booked at some other random Hyatt in MD. I must have been in a rush and clicked the wrong line in my company's travel website. As I was wondering what the cost was going to be for having valeted my car for 5 minutes and how early I would need to wake the next morning to make it to meetings in VA, the desk associate told me to hold a moment. He was able to match the rate at the other property, then called and (without ever saying anything like "chucklehead") got that hotel to agree not to charge a no show fee or anything else. This was a couple years back, so before My Concierge. I don't recall if I was Globalist or Explorist at the time. But that's consistent with the service I've come to expect at PH DC (though I'm not sure I've screwed up nearly that badly since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.