Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 4:57 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
From my experience in 4/07, we got a King room (city facing - not creek) with Club access. The most impressive part was that they confirmed the upgrade about a week in advance and e-mailed me about it to offer complimentary pickup at the airport (which we declined since we were in F on EK - which included a free transfer anyways). Airport transfer (both ways) is included with rooms on Club level.
Did they contact you w/o asking or did you take the initiative? I am arriving in just over a week and was wondering if I need to reach out to them.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:49 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Did they contact you w/o asking or did you take the initiative? I am arriving in just over a week and was wondering if I need to reach out to them.
Keep in mind that this was almost 2 years ago - they contacted me via e-mail without me asking since I knew that I had complimentary car from EK anyways. I don't make it a habit to contact hotels about upgrades etc.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 5:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Thought I should post an update. They did not contact me in advance to confirm the upgrade to Grand Club, so rather than risk the inflated hotel transport cost I shelled out a few bucks for a taxi, but did take the free ride back to the airport. Given the low occupancy rates I probably should have risked it, but not a lot of money for the cab ride.

When I got to the hotel they had upgraded me to Grand Club and checked me in to my room just before 6:00 am and confirmed a 6:00 pm check out two days later on a FFN stay -- which I was pretty happy about. I thought the service and food in the Club was very good and enjoyed the free evening alcohol in what is normally a pretty expensive city to drink. The welcome amenity was quite generous and included a bottle of wine, a small date assortment and box of chocolates. The hotel rooms all come with a fresh plate of fruit which was a nice touch.

I really had no complaints at all about the stay and if ever in Dubai again would stay here again.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 4:47 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Park Hyatt is way much better than GH. They're no way in the same level, or even close.
The Park Hyatt must be heart stopping fantastic then as I just had one of the best hotel stays ever at the Grand Hyatt Dubai.

I guess I’m getting pretty jaded and consider myself having been around the block a few times, rarely does a property wow me, The Grand Hyatt Dubai just shook me from the slumber of mediocrity. ^

Arrived into DXB about 8pm, I did not know if as a Diamond I had received an upgrade, I stayed for 3 nights and used FFN’s.

Fortunately Hyatt has a booth at the airport, I went over and showed my Diamond card, the agent put in my information and immediately stated I had been upgraded to club level and if I could give him 5 minutes he would book a hotel car for us. In the meantime he offered juice or water. Car was BMW 7 series, and the GH was a quick ride away.

Upon approaching the front desk, again put out my diamond card and was ushered upstairs to the lounge to complete check in.

Was given a room on the 12th floor with access privileges to the lounge.

Breakfast in the lounge consists of fresh fruit, cereals, pastries, sliced meats, lox, yogurts, juices, coffee/tea, and soda. Very good and very fresh.

Evening lounge had good sushi, sliced roast beef or other meats, nuts, desserts, breads and alcohol (beers, wine, hard alcohol)

Your choice of overlooking Dubai creek or the city skyline. (although if there are kids, they are supposed to be in the city side lounge)

We ate at both the Manhattan Grill (steakhouse) and Pepper Crab (Asian seafood) restaurants.

Steakhouse was very good; they offered both USDA Prime as well as Waygu. Wine list was decent, had a very good Pinot Noir from Oregon.

Pepper Crab Restaurant was good also but I felt a bit pricey. We had the pepper crab (what else ??)

We never really ran into super heavy traffic getting into Dubai, got lucky with the times I guess, cab ride is 15-20 Dirhams from Bastikiya or Gold Souk, we spent ~40 for Mall of the Emirates (one that contains the ski slope)

Pool area was good, with plenty of chairs in the sun or shade if one wanted. Only downside to the pool area is a large portion of the pool is 2 meters deep so the avg sized human can’t stand.

We didn’t try the spa.

We were allowed a 6pm checkout on the day of our departure. And of course took a hotel car back to the airport.

EVERY hotel employee we ran into at the hotel was warm, effective, fast and knowledgeable, what a tremendous property, we never felt the hotel was too big. I'd stay at the GH again in a hearbeat.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jun 8, 2009 at 2:08 pm
Old Apr 21, 2009, 1:01 am

Just redeemed a suite upgrade. is the minibar still free for upgrades?
I do love this hotel even when in a normal RC room-but the french in the minibar makes it very appealing!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:11 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH Senator, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
Just redeemed a suite upgrade. is the minibar still free for upgrades?
I do love this hotel even when in a normal RC room-but the french in the minibar makes it very appealing!
The mini bar was free when I was there fairly recently. (Including, still, splits of Vueve).

Make sure to swim in the indoor (spa) pool, which is huge. They pump jazz into the underwater. Its crazy, you cannot hear it in the surface but when swimming, its crystal clear and loud underwater. I need to get that installed on the home front!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Question about complementary airport transfer

Can someone with experience tell me how reliable (timing-wise) is the complementary airport transport for Grand Club/Suites guests? I am particularly interested in the transport to the airport upon check-out. Also, how far in advance (before coming to Dubai?) do I need to schedule this to make sure I get the preferred pick-up time? And last but not least, what is the earliest in the morning they start these runs - I have a 8 am departure and want to make sure that I can use Hyatt's transport. If not I'm sure taxi's are always available.

Any help is appreciated.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Club King or Non-Club Creekside

Looking for some insight...

Can anyone give the pros or cons over a club-level king room or a non-club level creekside room? The difference is about $70USD per night to go to the Club level so I am trying to figure out if my 4-night stay is worth the extra club-level amenities. It looks like the creekside room is abotu 5 square meters larger though...

BTW, no status with Hyatt so an upgrade without paying probably won't happen.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 8:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

The "creekside" room is on the outer side of the curved building - that's why its slightly larger. Rooms on the otherside of the building is sufficiently large though. So if its cheaper, I'd book a non-creekside room.

Now as to whether or not the Club is worth the $70 - it depends on your pattern of eating. You get a breakfast (nice continental in the Club) and nice selection of "appetizers" (that you can make a lighter meal out of) in the evening. So if there are 2 of you and you eat breakfast and willing to do "apetizers" for a light dinner, then its definitely worth it.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 2:17 am

Hi All

I am planning 3 night stay at GH DXB next month. I am a vegetarian and wondering if we get good vegetarian cuisines there... Could anyone confirm on their experience?

Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by todorovic
Can someone with experience tell me how reliable (timing-wise) is the complementary airport transport for Grand Club/Suites guests? I am particularly interested in the transport to the airport upon check-out. Also, how far in advance (before coming to Dubai?) do I need to schedule this to make sure I get the preferred pick-up time? And last but not least, what is the earliest in the morning they start these runs - I have a 8 am departure and want to make sure that I can use Hyatt's transport. If not I'm sure taxi's are always available.

Any help is appreciated.
the free limo to airport is very reliable - and usually always there even if you dont book

but if u book its fantastic. I use instead of the F Ek limo who are standing there tapping their feet if u are 5 mins late
I am sure whatever time they would be available
I wouldnt stay anywhere else
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:27 am

The Grand Hyatt Dubai is an excellent hotel. You can see that the rooms are not the newest anymore, but they are very well maintained. The location is super-convenient (not the rule in Dubai). The best is the service - a well established team, German run, efficient and smart. The choice of restaurants is fantastic, and the Manhattan Grill one of the best (though priciest) steak houses in town. The Grand Club breakfast and pre-dinner snacks are so rich and plentiful that you may end up not even seeing a restaurant from the inside at all.

The Park Hyatt is lacking in service, the premises are nicer for vacationers (the Grand Hyatt is more of a business or city tourist kind of hotel).
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:19 pm

Hi,

I am planning a trip to GH Dubai in Oct. I am wondering if we get vegeterian food there for room service as well as in local hotel restaurants as I am a veggie and I'ld like to have few of my meals in hotel itself inorder to save some time while my stay out there.

Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: Amex Plat, DL Plat, UAL Silv, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam, Avis First
I was impressed by the Grand Hyatt Dubai.
I was able to redeam the Next Big Thing award for 4 nights at the hotel. I also got another room (paid) and upgraded to a suite and got one connected to the free room - so we had 2 rooms and a living area in between. The second room was for my mother in law... enough separation to make everyone happy.

Free full access to the mini bar (refereshed daily) and access to the club floor (breakfast and cocktails) were pretty nice too.

Free valet parking (seems to be the norm in Dubai), very nice gym and pools, and great location made this a very nice stay.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 9:38 pm

I have stayed at the GH several times

the club is great and the service is supurb but this time opted for the PH DXB. If I was going to DXB in the winter I would definitely stay there as a lot of the rooms have a balcony and seating. its lovely to leave the door open at night and not have to have aircon.
the breakfast is also sensational
in summer I would always go for the GH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.