Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I would call the hotel directly and speak with the manager. As far as I know, the restaurant is not a separate operation and ownership from the hotel. Management at this hotel is very hands on so I'm sure they will either resolve the problem or give you an adequate explanation.

Thanks.... I agree they are hands on, but after submitting the request twice online, I've surrendered in defeat! Also, I think it's been more than a year, which AFAIK is a deadline.

IMHO, restaurant eligibility should be listed in property descriptions.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
This hotel is also one that used to make Diamonds cover the tip for the free breakfast, contrary to GP rules.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by skunker
This hotel is also one that used to make Diamonds cover the tip for the free breakfast, contrary to GP rules.
That is fixed. I had breakfast there last week. There was a separate menu for 'free' breakfast, which had a few exclusions from the regular menu.

It explicitly mentioned that tax and tip were included.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Have to say, after two stays here, I'm not sure I'll return. The rooms are tired, the hallways are particularly claustrophobic, and all the shenanigans (blocking award nights, minimum stays, breakfast issues) leave me with a bad taste in my mouth.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dtremit
all the shenanigans (blocking award nights, minimum stays, breakfast issues) leave me with a bad taste in my mouth.
This stuff is relatively new. As recently as two or three years ago, I had no difficulty getting award nights and/or one-night weekend stays during peak summer season.

Don't know if the negative changes are new management/ownership or just an attempt to exploit the explosion of tourism in Sonoma. Regardless, it's a shame. This was a decent property at $125 or $150/night. No way does it warrant the premiums it now charges.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
This stuff is relatively new. As recently as two or three years ago, I had no difficulty getting award nights and/or one-night weekend stays during peak summer season.

Don't know if the negative changes are new management/ownership or just an attempt to exploit the explosion of tourism in Sonoma. Regardless, it's a shame. This was a decent property at $125 or $150/night. No way does it warrant the premiums it now charges.
I stayed there this month at $143 for a single night. That was a Monday night. Like any other property, rates can vary wildly.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JackE
I stayed there this month at $143 for a single night. That was a Monday night. Like any other property, rates can vary wildly.

You will not find a $143 room any Saturday night between Memorial day and Labor day. More like $350 if they'll even let you book a Saturday without a two night minimum. Which is doubtful.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by JackE
That is fixed. I had breakfast there last week. There was a separate menu for 'free' breakfast, which had a few exclusions from the regular menu.

It explicitly mentioned that tax and tip were included.
This was a first for me. 6 or 7 items as compared to 20+ on the regular menu.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Vinodavid
This was a first for me. 6 or 7 items as compared to 20+ on the regular menu.
Well that's a BIG change. Are the 6-7 items just simple things like pancakes, scrambled eggs, etc. ? I loved their crab benedict.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Well that's a BIG change. Are the 6-7 items just simple things like pancakes, scrambled eggs, etc. ? I loved their crab benedict.
3 item omelet, yogurt parfait, continental, eggs and bacon/ham....

no crab benedict
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Have to say, after two stays here, I'm not sure I'll return. The rooms are tired, the hallways are particularly claustrophobic, and all the shenanigans (blocking award nights, minimum stays, breakfast issues) leave me with a bad taste in my mouth.
Agree on the rooms - we won't be returning. The room also smelt stale/musty. Andaz Napa is a far better deal, though of course it's in Napa, not Sonoma.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:19 pm
Community Director Emerita

There's truth in what you say. It's possible we will give it another try. It's close to the Sonoma Airport where we fly the AS flight from San Diego. It's ideal if we are targeting restaurants in Healdsburg. But it is not an aspirational property.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
How do local laws dictate points earning on booze? Curious about this one.

This property is ok, not truly a full Hyatt if you ask me but basically the only Hyatt option in the Sonoma area.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:01 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was always free parking available whenever I stayed there, that's a positive. But I was not at all overwhelmed by the suite I got each time. Reasonable size, not huge. Dated furnishings, not very luxurious. It's OK, at a reasonable price I would go back, but I have no pressing need to stay there.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
How do local laws dictate points earning on booze? Curious about this one.

This property is ok, not truly a full Hyatt if you ask me but basically the only Hyatt option in the Sonoma area.
It might be on the state rather than local level, but some places prohibit certain types of promos involving alcohol such as BOGO and various other types of special offers including getting stuff free when you consume or purchase alcohol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.