Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2021, 5:51 am

Monarch regency club

I was told that the Monarch Regency Club at Lost Pines was closed with no current plan of reopening. As an Explorist with club access rewards, where does that leave me? I'm looking for a free breakfast option during my upcoming stay.

Any ideas? Thanks
Old May 1, 2021, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kyoo
As an Explorist with club access rewards, where does that leave me?
Ummm... it leaves you without a club?

Very few club lounges have reopened in the US at this point anyhow, even those that are not being permanently closed. But if a property decides to close their lounge it leaves you in the same place staying at any other Hyatt in the world that does not have a lounge. It is what it is.

This likely won't be the only property that ends up permanently closing their club lounge before all this is over.

Regards
TravisMT81 and JoeWoodstock like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 4:35 pm

Hyatt Sells HR Lost Pines

"The owner anticipates enhancing and expanding this unique resort destination located on 405 acres along the banks of the Colorado River."

I don't feel good about this. Just returned from a stay, and the property is doing their best but a combination of reduced staff and new hires is yielding uneven service for the time being. Usually leaving corporate ownership means a downturn in service.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
"The owner anticipates enhancing and expranding this unique resort destination located on 405 acres along the banks of the Colorado River."
For those with experience with United, using the word "enhancing" is never a good sign.

I don't feel good about this. Just returned from a stay, and the property is doing their best but a combination of reduced staff and new hires is yielding uneven service for the time being. Usually leaving corporate ownership means a downturn in service.
Or worse.

David[/color]
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:50 pm

Any recent stays? Looking to book for next year and was hoping to see some updates on the property? Anything a must do with kids?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Any recent stays? Looking to book for next year and was hoping to see some updates on the property? Anything a must do with kids?
I was there a few weeks ago. Renovation looks nice, property is still ramping up staff again from covid, so service was choppy at times but it'll figure itself out by next year. What age kids are you bringing?
NJTeacher likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
I was there a few weeks ago. Renovation looks nice, property is still ramping up staff again from covid, so service was choppy at times but it'll figure itself out by next year. What age kids are you bringing?
Good to know, thanks. I will be bringing my daughter, age 10.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Good to know, thanks. I will be bringing my daughter, age 10.
  • lazy river
  • slingshot classes and craft classes free
  • Small goats , longhorn petting free
  • evening marshmallow roasts free
  • nearby Zip Line for a fee
  • hiking trails
  • and Hyatt Camp if reopened from Covid closure
NJTeacher likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 2:32 pm

Hi, does anyone know what happened to Beans the potbelly pig? We visited HRPL in 2019 and she was the star of the show. She vanished from the hotel's official Instagram, and I'm hoping someone can confirm that she's still on site? TIA.

Last edited by redtalun; Jul 20, 2021 at 7:29 pm
Old Jul 26, 2021, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by redtalun
Hi, does anyone know what happened to Beans the potbelly pig? We visited HRPL in 2019 and she was the star of the show. She vanished from the hotel's official Instagram, and I'm hoping someone can confirm that she's still on site? TIA.
The property no longer has pigs.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Heres my understanding: they are actually very similar in terms of age... both mid 90s and were developed at the same time under the same “deal.” If you notice, the architecture is very similar. Both were originally owned and operated by Hyatt corporate but now only Lost Pines is (Hill
Country is managed but no longer owned).
Lost Pines opened in 2006. It was built and owned by a private company and sold to Hyatt about 7-8 years ago, and last month was sold to Ohana Realty. Lost Pines has never had any connection to Hill Country other than both being Hyatt branded hotels.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by iknowthings
Lost Pines opened in 2006. It was built and owned by a private company and sold to Hyatt about 7-8 years ago, and last month was sold to Ohana Realty. Lost Pines has never had any connection to Hill Country other than both being Hyatt branded hotels.
Username checks out
Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:58 am

Any recent stays? I used a TSU for junior suite next year. Normal rates were like $750 a night for that room so seems like a good value. Seems the junior suites have had a recent renovation, as well.

Also, anyone know if the junior suites have a bath tub?

Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Daftryan
Any recent stays? I used a TSU for junior suite next year. Normal rates were like $750 a night for that room so seems like a good value. Seems the junior suites have had a recent renovation, as well.

Also, anyone know if the junior suites have a bath tub?

Thanks.
I was last there in June. IIRC, yes they do have baths. The new junior suite reno is nice. Certainly better use of the space than the previous layout. I like it a lot. The bedroom feels a little smaller but fine - much more emphasis on the common space. My family of 5 was comfortable in it.
Charlie9 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Interesting that the Litton House is described as a “premium suite.” Has anyone had any luck booking this with a premium suite points upgrade?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.