Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:18 am

Thanks for the reply...to clarify i purchased these on points before the deval and booked the suite and rooms on points. sounds like the only additional amenity would be the late checkout?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:36 pm

Just checked in today. I have to say this is a tremendous property. What a combination of that country feel and luxury. We frequented the lounge and the service was impeccable. Dinner tonight was fried chicken, grilled vegetables and cheeses, and various desserts. All very good.

Booked a junior suite and adjoining double queen room, this place is huge. So much room to spread out and relax. Will post more after I complete my stay but so far I am incredibly impressed.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:14 pm

Is the lounge open? I thought it only opened during the peak sumer season...

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Just checked in today. I have to say this is a tremendous property. What a combination of that country feel and luxury. We frequented the lounge and the service was impeccable. Dinner tonight was fried chicken, grilled vegetables and cheeses, and various desserts. All very good.

Booked a junior suite and adjoining double queen room, this place is huge. So much room to spread out and relax. Will post more after I complete my stay but so far I am incredibly impressed.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:39 pm

Yes its open, last night we had fried chicken, tonight I was underwhelmed with spring rolls. Stay had been great though there is just so much to do. Will post more when we check out.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by nowstime
Is the lounge open? I thought it only opened during the peak sumer season...
It also open during winter holiday periods (T'giving week, Christmas week), mid March for Texas school spring break and I believe Easter week as well.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by bdemaria
It also open during winter holiday periods (T'giving week, Christmas week), mid March for Texas school spring break and I believe Easter week as well.
It used to be open during other times of the year as well, but it is highly recommended to send them a mail before making a reservation. The front desk used to give out incorrect information in the past, so calling them might be of limited use.

It is one of the better club lounges in the US, so actually worthwhile visiting.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FD1971
It used to be open during other times of the year as well, but it is highly recommended to send them a mail before making a reservation. The front desk used to give out incorrect information in the past, so calling them might be of limited use.

Agreed.

The hours/opening post-Easter/Spring break are especially fluid. This year, given that Easter's in mid April this year, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the club remained open from Easter through Labor Day weekend.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:55 pm

Just wrapped up a four night stay. I must say this property is excellent. The staff were consistently helpful and respectful. The rooms were spacious and clean (booked junior suite and double Queen) and the lounge offerings were consistently high quality (lox for breakfast for example). Diamond recognition was excellent (offered lounge or full breakfast buffet in the restaurant). Great activities for the kids. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this as a romantic getaway but it's amazing for the family. Bear in mind it is a huge property so if you are mobility challenged it won't be fun.

Love this place will be back.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Diamond recognition was excellent (offered lounge or full breakfast buffet in the restaurant).
Indeed they treat Diamonds well, but as discussed in other threads, the offer for the restaurant v. lounge is NOT standard and was given to you due to a specific request to accommodate a member of your party. If the lounge is open, one should not expect to be given a choice.
Old May 19, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Just had a great stay here. Had two nights booked (one paid, one using a free night certificate I had) upgraded the first to the Junior suite and was able to keep the suite for both nights. Two weddings going on at the time, but they honored the late checkout and we were able to stay till 2pm. The staff here are excellent.

Club was closed, which was fine, as we enjoyed the buffet both mornings.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I've stayed here I think 4 times now and the club has been closed every time... I still really like this place but have to remember it's overrun with kids in the summer and maybe I shouldn't book this instead of more of a business property (unless on vacation)
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by bworrell
I've stayed here I think 4 times now and the club has been closed every time... I still really like this place but have to remember it's overrun with kids in the summer and maybe I shouldn't book this instead of more of a business property (unless on vacation)
Is it just closed on the weekdays or all of summer? We have stay coming up next weekend for 2 nights. Just curious.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by JWEMTX
Is it just closed on the weekdays or all of summer? We have stay coming up next weekend for 2 nights. Just curious.
We stayed here in mid July. The club was open both Saturday and Sunday.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:10 pm

The club should be opened until Labor Day. Compared to last year, the lounge food got better and less crowded than expected. Great resort.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:39 am

I stayed here two nights last weekend with my wife and three kids (6, 4, 1.5). Book with C+P and applied a DSU. We had a very nice stay.

Right now is a nice sweet spot in the weather -- warm enough to do the pool in the day but cool enough in the evening to really enjoy the fire and smores. Hayrides, fishing, sitting on the longhorns, and craft time were also great outdoor activities.

Staff were all around kind and helpful. Little things like letting my garbage truck obsessed son borrow one from the toy bin made the trip fun a lot of fun.

===

I called the day of arrival to request a first floor suite (patio to walk out into gardens, etc) and placement on the backside of the resort (closer to pool, etc and away from the road for the little ones). Despite the fact they were at 100% capacity one of the nights, the agent (Nani) made it work.

We ended up with what they called a "special" junior suite. It's different from the standard and executive/extended junior suites at the resort discussed before on this thread. One room looked basically like a standard-sized king patio room (we've stayed here in a regular room before) with a smaller adjoining room that also has patio access along with a couch, tv, and 2nd bathroom (which we loved having).

You don't get a dining table, but we liked the tradeoffs. We really only wanted the second room for naps and bedtimes for the kids, and we adults still got a full sized bedroom with a desk, lounging chair, and our own bathroom. Also, it was very close to the lobby and pools, etc, so a lot less walking but a little louder (not annoyingly so) than where we'd stayed before (far end of north wing, hummingbird garden area).

Apparently there are only two suites in this configuration at lost pines, one in each wing. Ours was named the "Elgin Suite." Definitely not what everybody would want, but might be of interest to some.

===

Club was closed, they put the 2,500 points on without me having to ask and comp'd breakfast in the Firewheel Cafe. I had to ask at front desk for them to cover the gratuity (which they did). Also found out they cap the Diamond breakfast at $60, which was fine for me (children were free anyways); but there's no way you could feed 4 with beverages + gratuity given the prices there.

The only hiccup we had was getting seated at breakfast in the cafe (service was fine once we got to the table). Both days, there were plenty of empty tables, just not enough hostesses to get people there. The logistics are just a bit off. I might ask next time if they'll let us take the diamond breakfast in room if we cover the service charge.

This really is a nice resort for central Texas, the facilities and food are fine, but the service really makes the place. I'm not sure it's worth (for me at least) the $400+fees+taxes per night they sometimes charge, but for rewards redemptions there's a good bit value here, especially if you want to take advantages of the free activities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.