Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2024, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by askyamaz
Is this still an issue in 2024?

Trying to decide between the 3 hotels for the remaining time, visiting for touristy things. Already have a couple nights at Andaz (took a random shot).

My put off for GH is for this exact reason "general Globalist apathy and lack of any other Globalist amenities." and also hard to gauge how walkable from GH to the touristy neighborhoods.
My put off for PH is for the far away location from touristy things (not here on business) and inferiorness of PH brand compared to others.
My put off for Andaz is the pricing between cost of room and points, makes for very poor redemption psychology. But then lower cost cash pay makes me think it also has inferior offering. I guess it's the perception of value that comes into question.
GH is not very walkable period unless you like hiking up and down Haebangchon and Kyunglidan neighborhoods or dealing with the winding mountain road Sowolro. It's the least walking and transit friendly hotel. Grand Hyatt is also pretty strict with Globalist upgrades. The only Globalist perk is using the bath facilities at Club Olympus.
PH is still a top Seoul luxury hotel. Andaz has the best transportation links of all in Seoul Hyatts, IMO.
askyamaz likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Apr 5, 2024 at 10:20 pm
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: Travel Agent for Four Seasons Preferred program, Marriott Stars, Hyatt Prive, Rosewood Elite
Is this still an issue in 2024?

My put off for PH is for the far away location from touristy things (not here on business) and inferiorness of PH brand compared to others.
Agree with this perpection, but not so much for Seoul or Chicago...
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:31 am

Programs: Travel Agent for Four Seasons Preferred program, Marriott Stars, Hyatt Prive, Rosewood Elite
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
7 nights at Park Hyatt Seoul (SUA) vs 7 nights at Andaz Seoul (SUA).
Park Hyatt is $500 more than Andaz.
Which would you do?
Not a big fan of Park Hyatt design in other properties, but I LOVE the Seoul Hotel. Renovated rooms in Grand Hyatt now look great as well...
Old Apr 13, 2024, 12:48 pm

Park Hyatt is the flagship amongst all Hyatt brands - what am I missing? Was the comparison to other non-Hyatt brands like Four Seasons?
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stargold
Park Hyatt is the flagship amongst all Hyatt brands - what am I missing? Was the comparison to other non-Hyatt brands like Four Seasons?
It is (or was?) considered Hyatt's answer to the ultra luxury brands. In Seoul, it is still a top luxury hotel competing at the top of the market.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 2:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
Compared to other Park Hyatts, isn't this what most people are saying on this thread?
Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Compared to other Park Hyatts, isn't this what most people are saying on this thread?
It certainly isn't the worst PH in the world. Probably still a very good Park Hyatt considering the middling state of other PHs in the system.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
It certainly isn't the worst PH in the world. Probably still a very good Park Hyatt considering the middling state of other PHs in the system.
​​​​​​I'm about to hit up PH Saigon and Jakarta for the first time, I'll report back. Both PHs in Korea are sad. The fact that IC Parnas is so much better, by so much, the rooms and especially the lounge. also, better connected to the mall.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist
Hi everybody: I walked through the last 15 pages of this thread; thanks for all that.

I'm a Seoul/Incheon resident who staycations here very regularly, and this is one of the last few luxury/upscale hotels for me to check out. I am staying on points (29k, I know I know, there are some in this thread who think that's a bit of a rip, I'll try to be OK) as Discoverist, it's just a standard room with King Bed. In spite of experiencing the other chains at top/higher tier elite earlier in life, my wife and I will grin and bear our impoverished Hyatt existence. :-)

I've enjoyed visiting Timber House for drinks in the past, but I must admit that it's a bit of a downer to read all the non-positive/negative comments about staying here (apparently I missed staying at this hotel during its heyday).

Two questions:
(i) Is this hotel's breakfast buffet worth skipping paying cash for? Online, there are all sorts of people who gush about this breakfast, but now it seems like those reviewers may not know wtaf they're talking about. If, as I've read here, the IC Parnas breakfast is heads-and-tails above this PH breakfast, then I think I'll just check out Cornerstone for an early dinner to see the view, and be done with it.
(ii) My impression of all the FT reports of service and the hard product is that this hotel is a bit like a poor man's 4S Seoul. Would that be accurate? How would you compare the overall experience between this hotel and that one?

Thanks for any help adjusting my expectations! :-)
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by cmhsieh54
Hi everybody: I walked through the last 15 pages of this thread; thanks for all that.

I'm a Seoul/Incheon resident who staycations here very regularly, and this is one of the last few luxury/upscale hotels for me to check out. I am staying on points (29k, I know I know, there are some in this thread who think that's a bit of a rip, I'll try to be OK) as Discoverist, it's just a standard room with King Bed. In spite of being top-tier elite at the other chains, my wife and I will grin and bear our impoverished Hyatt existence. :-)

I've enjoyed visiting Timber House for drinks in the past, but I must admit that it's a bit of a downer to read all the non-positive/negative comments about staying here (apparently I missed staying at this hotel during its heyday).

Two questions:
(i) Is this hotel's breakfast buffet worth skipping paying cash for? Online, there are all sorts of people who gush about this breakfast, but now it seems like those reviewers may not know wtaf they're talking about. If, as I've read here, the IC Parnas breakfast is heads-and-tails above this PH breakfast, then I think I'll just check out Cornerstone for an early dinner to see the view, and be done with it.
(ii) My impression of all the FT reports of service and the hard product is that this hotel is a bit like a poor man's 4S Seoul. Would that be accurate? How would you compare the overall experience between this hotel and that one?

Thanks for any help adjusting my expectations! :-)
If you pay for breakfast here, I will have to come over and slap you around. The best hotel breakfast in the area is IC COEX, slightly better than IC Parnas. PH Seoul is the worst of the 3 but way better than PH Busan.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by moolman
If you pay for breakfast here, I will have to come over and slap you around. The best hotel breakfast in the area is IC COEX, slightly better than IC Parnas. PH Seoul is the worst of the 3 but way better than PH Busan.
This is very helpful advice, as I do not like the idea of being injured in such unsavory unplanned ways. :-)

I've been to both IC's, and had breakfast at both. IC Coex breakfast spread is really extensive, for sure. The overall experience makes me feel like I'm at a zoo, though. IC Parnas breakfast experience for me is a bit more refined, and I appreciated the customizable fresh juice.

Looks like the wife and I will be exploring elsewhere for breakfast. Anybody with advice for (Sunday) breakfast/brunch near the hotel?

Last edited by cmhsieh54; Apr 18, 2024 at 6:19 pm
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:44 pm

This is very helpful advice, as I do not like the idea of being injured in such unsavory unplanned ways. :-)

I've been to both IC's, and had breakfast at both. IC Coex breakfast spread is really extensive, for sure. The overall experience makes me feel like I'm at a zoo, though. IC Parnas breakfast experience for me is a bit more refined, and I appreciated the customizable fresh juice.

Looks like the wife and I will be exploring elsewhere for breakfast. Anybody with advice for (Sunday) breakfast/brunch near the hotel?
The lounge breakfast at IC Parnas is very good too but not the extensive layout that the first floor has. I guess I just like IC COEX better because the Korean selection is better, you get kimchi jijae, steak or another soup as an Ambassador member
cmhsieh54 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cornerstone only has the street view. You might be thinking of eating at the top floor Lounge for views (book ahead for a window seat). Re: breakfast COEX's Eggslut opens at 9am but I think you should give their breakfast give it a chance. The new executive chef, Damien Selme, has probably made it a lot better than the disastrous local hire.
cmhsieh54 likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Apr 18, 2024 at 7:50 pm
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:40 pm

Cornerstone only has the street view. You might be thinking of eating at the top floor Lounge for views (book ahead for a window seat). Re: breakfast COEX's Eggslut opens at 9am but I think you should their breakfast give it a chance. The new executive chef, Damien Selme, has probably made it a lot better than the disastrous local hire.
Hmm all this is also interesting to hear. Thanks for these tips.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:42 pm

Cornerstone only has the street view. You might be thinking of eating at the top floor Lounge for views (book ahead for a window seat). Re: breakfast COEX's Eggslut opens at 9am but I think you should their breakfast give it a chance. The new executive chef, Damien Selme, has probably made it a lot better than the disastrous local hire.
And yes, you're right, I was thinking of Lounge for the views, not Cornerstone...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.