FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:04 pm
moolman

Originally Posted by cmhsieh54
Hi everybody: I walked through the last 15 pages of this thread; thanks for all that.

I'm a Seoul/Incheon resident who staycations here very regularly, and this is one of the last few luxury/upscale hotels for me to check out. I am staying on points (29k, I know I know, there are some in this thread who think that's a bit of a rip, I'll try to be OK) as Discoverist, it's just a standard room with King Bed. In spite of being top-tier elite at the other chains, my wife and I will grin and bear our impoverished Hyatt existence. :-)

I've enjoyed visiting Timber House for drinks in the past, but I must admit that it's a bit of a downer to read all the non-positive/negative comments about staying here (apparently I missed staying at this hotel during its heyday).

Two questions:
(i) Is this hotel's breakfast buffet worth skipping paying cash for? Online, there are all sorts of people who gush about this breakfast, but now it seems like those reviewers may not know wtaf they're talking about. If, as I've read here, the IC Parnas breakfast is heads-and-tails above this PH breakfast, then I think I'll just check out Cornerstone for an early dinner to see the view, and be done with it.
(ii) My impression of all the FT reports of service and the hard product is that this hotel is a bit like a poor man's 4S Seoul. Would that be accurate? How would you compare the overall experience between this hotel and that one?

Thanks for any help adjusting my expectations! :-)
If you pay for breakfast here, I will have to come over and slap you around. The best hotel breakfast in the area is IC COEX, slightly better than IC Parnas. PH Seoul is the worst of the 3 but way better than PH Busan.