Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by faboi0us
Here now on cash rate + Sua. Checked in close to midnight but requested a high floor prior. Received an xx05 on a high floor. Guest experience manager confirmed a rollaway would be set up but nothing was in the room upon arrival. Thanks to this thread I don’t have very high expectations.
They messed up and can't be pleasant to be promised something and see it missing after midnight.
Write to the Andrew Ashdown, GM and see if he will make you right. If not, then complain to Consumer Affairs and get the SUA back at least. Maybe some points too.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 10:18 am

Stayed here during a weekday stay and didn't use a SUA. As predicted by Aventine, I was upgraded to 805 suite even without a SUA. First time staying at the hotel. Probably will be my last time since I really do like the IC Parnas across the street better. The suite was definitely bigger than the Jr. Suite that I get upgraded at IC Parnas and had a way better view. 805 was high enough where I felt that people couldn't look in easily. You can definitely here the construction out in front but it didn't bother me. It's a great hotel and I enjoyed staying here. The sauna was free and it was good. But compared to IC Parnas, I didn't like the long walk through the subway to get to COEX. The breakfast sucks compared to IC Parnas, it's just smaller when compared to the main restaurant and less premium than the lounge breakfast at IC Parnas. The double elevators to get to your room and outside like IC LA is annoying. IC COEX has the best breakfast of the bunch, it just has more Korean choices. I can get eggs, bacon, etc at a Hyatt Place breakfast in the US...haha...
Old Nov 24, 2023, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moolman
Stayed here during a weekday stay and didn't use a SUA. As predicted by Aventine, I was upgraded to 805 suite even without a SUA. First time staying at the hotel. Probably will be my last time since I really do like the IC Parnas across the street better. The suite was definitely bigger than the Jr. Suite that I get upgraded at IC Parnas and had a way better view. 805 was high enough where I felt that people couldn't look in easily. You can definitely here the construction out in front but it didn't bother me. It's a great hotel and I enjoyed staying here. The sauna was free and it was good. But compared to IC Parnas, I didn't like the long walk through the subway to get to COEX. The breakfast sucks compared to IC Parnas, it's just smaller when compared to the main restaurant and less premium than the lounge breakfast at IC Parnas. The double elevators to get to your room and outside like IC LA is annoying. IC COEX has the best breakfast of the bunch, it just has more Korean choices. I can get eggs, bacon, etc at a Hyatt Place breakfast in the US...haha...
Hyatts in Korea are just poor value for the money. This one was stingy and gave you a pretty low floor suite. Did they make high floors a premium now?
Old Nov 24, 2023, 6:31 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Aventine
Hyatts in Korea are just poor value for the money. This one was stingy and gave you a pretty low floor suite. Did they make high floors a premium now?
Where do you recommend that's non-Hyatt? As a native Korean I feel like the Andaz is pretty decent
Old Nov 24, 2023, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Where do you recommend that's non-Hyatt? As a native Korean I feel like the Andaz is pretty decent
Andaz is decent but it becomes Apgujeong party central and they sell their rooms and suites on Kakaotalk or Home shopping channels. Suites are hard to comeby on the weekends. I would not pay 500,000+ won for a night at Andaz though.

Four Seasons Seoul
Grand IC Parnas
voco Seoul
Sofitel Ambassador
Fairmont
lowkeyflyer likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Nov 25, 2023 at 5:55 am
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Asiana Diamond, United Silver
The best non-Hyatt in Seoul for me and my wife has been Josun Palace at Gangnam. Le Meridian at Myeongdong is also a recently-opened property that's really nice.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:10 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I feel like the hard product here looks much better in person than it does on the online photos. It definitely feels a step above the other properties in the city I've tried and is aesthetically more attractive than Josun Palace, the other Western points chain "true luxury" brand hotel I have tried.

Of course, properties like Josun Palace, Andaz, and Westin Josun have more around them that's walkable, besides Coex (which, at least for me, has an Egg Drop and a Shake Shack ;-)).
Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I feel like the hard product here looks much better in person than it does on the online photos. It definitely feels a step above the other properties in the city I've tried and is aesthetically more attractive than Josun Palace, the other Western points chain "true luxury" brand hotel I have tried.

Of course, properties like Josun Palace, Andaz, and Westin Josun have more around them that's walkable, besides Coex (which, at least for me, has an Egg Drop and a Shake Shack ;-)).
I stayed at both as well and agree with you. How did the breakfast compare for you between Park Hyatt Seoul and Andaz Seoul? We departed early so did not get to sample the Andaz breakfast.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:44 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by faboi0us
I stayed at both as well and agree with you. How did the breakfast compare for you between Park Hyatt Seoul and Andaz Seoul? We departed early so did not get to sample the Andaz breakfast.
The Park Hyatt breakfast (will write full review later after my stay) was better than the Andaz (though, the Andaz was still good) as they have true made-to-order eggs (Andaz is a selection of pre-made omelets - which taste better than they sound), made-to-order French toast, and much more thorough service (I couldn't even sip my water without them coming to refill it) - they checked on me about 17 times.
faboi0us likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
The Park Hyatt breakfast (will write full review later after my stay) was better than the Andaz (though, the Andaz was still good) as they have true made-to-order eggs (Andaz is a selection of pre-made omelets - which taste better than they sound), made-to-order French toast, and much more thorough service (I couldn't even sip my water without them coming to refill it) - they checked on me about 17 times.
I still think this is one of the poorer PH breakfasts in the whole world.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 3:36 am

I generally really liked the Park Hyatt Seoul - pretty and comfortable - here are my impressions:

Pros:
  • Used SUA (soon to expire) for a Park Suite - assigned 805 - at least, I wasn’t on the fourth floor
  • Suite design is attractive with nice woods and stones
  • Large windows are attractive with a very future-esque view, especially at night, with the video advertisements - it’s like I’m in Neo Seoul from Cloud Atlas (not really)
  • Bed is very comfortable - plush mattress, plush covers, asked for a 2nd duvet, which got the covers really plush (original covers were fine, but not amazingly plush)
  • Shower pressure from the rainfall head is fine / good
  • Delivered both some fruits and a nice box of chocolates as a welcome gift
  • Basically interior-connected to Coex and Starfield (walk a few feet outside to Exit 1 of Samseong Station)
  • Breakfast at Cornerstone was very good - lovely drinkable yougurt, the thickest hot chocolate, very thorough service, great made-to-order French toast and omelet and special caviar and shrimp scrambled eggs, good hashbrowns, flaky croissants, great chocolate chunk muffins for dipping into the hot chocolate
  • Offered 4 PM late checkout proactively

Neutral:
  • I’m an elevator enthusiast, and even I felt the ups and downs of the elevator system are a bit much here

Cons:
  • Something was wrong with my toilet - I wasn’t doing anything unnatural, but had to call Engineering two days in a row to unclog the tankless Vovo toilet to actually flush - the manager would come by to translate with the engineer and was friendly and efficient

I would return.

Photos:

Old Dec 16, 2023, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The original Superpotato elevators were cooler back in the day.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:35 pm

Is there still construction, anyone know how long it will last?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:34 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
7 nights at Park Hyatt Seoul (SUA) vs 7 nights at Andaz Seoul (SUA).
Park Hyatt is $500 more than Andaz.
Which would you do?
Old Apr 5, 2024, 2:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
I think people are put off by their general Globalist apathy and lack of any other Globalist amenities.
Is this still an issue in 2024?

Trying to decide between the 3 hotels for the remaining time, visiting for touristy things. Already have a couple nights at Andaz (took a random shot).

My put off for GH is for this exact reason "general Globalist apathy and lack of any other Globalist amenities." and also hard to gauge how walkable from GH to the touristy neighborhoods.
My put off for PH is for the far away location from touristy things (not here on business) and inferiorness of PH brand compared to others.
My put off for Andaz is the pricing between cost of room and points, makes for very poor redemption psychology. But then lower cost cash pay makes me think it also has inferior offering. I guess it's the perception of value that comes into question.
Phillbsb1979 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.