Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WoH 2023 Category Changes to Take Effect on Mar 28

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WoH 2023 Category Changes to Take Effect on Mar 28

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Anyone get refunds for properties that have gone down a category yet? I have a stay checking in tomorrow no refund as of yet.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by Seagull689
Obviously it is a very “you” centric implication
You are correct; much like Paul Simon, I am the only living boy in New York.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Something that I didn't consider, and which I haven't seen covered anywhere else -- all of the Cat 1 hotels within 50 miles of my home will now be Cat 2. Huge implications in terms of mattress runs.
Time to move....
Old Mar 31, 2023, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Patiently waiting for my points refund....
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Anyone get refunds for properties that have gone down a category yet? I have a stay checking in tomorrow no refund as of yet.
I'm still waiting. Per Twitter, there's a team actively working on the adjustments.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by emosley
Just a heads up to double-check how many points actually came out of your account. I made a similar booking this morning and despite my reservation still showing it was 5k per night, they actually took 8k per night out of my account. I'm getting more pushback than expected in trying to get the points to actually reflect my reservation, but I'm guessing with all the screenshots I have that they'll eventually make it right.
Wow, Hyatt is really pushing back on this, telling me to complete my stay and then they'll consider whether I should get any points back. I made 2 reservations around 8 am central on Tuesday - both showed 5k points throughout the entire booking process and my online reservation shows that it was booked at 5k per night (it's still showing that right now), yet they took 8k per night out of my account for both of them. That's like someone giving you a receipt, and then you notice more money was taken out of your bank account. Any recourse suggestions?

Edit: The Hyatt Twitter team made things right. Thanks!

Last edited by emosley; Apr 3, 2023 at 3:29 pm
Old Mar 31, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Troopers
I'm still waiting. Per Twitter, there's a team actively working on the adjustments.
My adjustment happened this morning.
Old May 31, 2023, 10:34 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
I made a booking for a 2 night reservation pre-March 28. I need to cancel the first night of the two night reservation and phone reps are telling me I can't do that without the second night going to the new redemption price. There has to be a work around here, right? I am not making a change, I am removing one night, if I had just booked as two separate nights wouldn't be an issue but was not that forward thinking. Should I hang up and call again or is this something they cannot fix?
Old May 31, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by A4K
I made a booking for a 2 night reservation pre-March 28. I need to cancel the first night of the two night reservation and phone reps are telling me I can't do that without the second night going to the new redemption price. There has to be a work around here, right? I am not making a change, I am removing one night, if I had just booked as two separate nights wouldn't be an issue but was not that forward thinking. Should I hang up and call again or is this something they cannot fix?
I'd recommend calling the hotel directly.
Old May 31, 2023, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by A4K
the customer support agent can’t as any changes to the original reservation will trigger the change. Best bet is to call the hotel and they might just credit you the difference if the hotel isn’t packed
Old May 31, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
All the hotel could do is make you a new reservation, cancel the old one and manually fill out and submit a form to give back the balance as courtesy points .

now you know that sometimes the best strategy is a mix of single nights and perhaps a 3 night stay if you are staying a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.