Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2024, 6:45 am

Headed there today and found it pretty easy to find coming from NEX/yamanote. Not as convoluted as this video’s route. Signs exist but are not prominent.
RustyHippo and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
What is the name of a standard room here
Old Apr 8, 2024, 3:14 am

Just stayed here for 2 nights.

The Shibuya platform 3/4 of Narita Express is the seamless way to go to that hotel. Go for the NEW SOUTH exit/gate at the far end of that particular platform; turn right after the exit, there's bridge and elevators which directly connect to the hotel front door. NO STAIRS. Very efficient when we arrive and depart for Narita.

Location is perfect (after you familiar yourself how to get there), room is spacious in Tokyo standard. Breakfast is soso at this cash rate. They offered us late check-out at 4pm proactively. Otherwise, no upgrade at all, was given a 6/F lowest level (15/F highest, Globalist here) basic room facing a park below, not bad considering it's fully booked on that day. At least they didn't give me the next-building-rooftop view a few rooms away.

Front desk is located at 16/F, has an outdoor garden behind the front desk, where I can get a glimpse of Tokyo tower. Gym, pool and restaurant is also here.

====
They updated the website with very detail step by step direction: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...transportation
JR Line

Exit at New South gate (Shin-Minami gate), turn right to "Sakuragaoka".

Take stairs or elevator to L3.

The gate is closed between 24:30pm to 5:00am.

Ginza Line, Inokashira Line, JR-Central ticket gate
  1. After exiting the ticket gate, head in the direction of "Shibuya Scramble Square".
  2. Take the escalator or elevator down to L2 and follow the direction to Shibuya Stream.
  3. In Shibuya Stream, take the esaclator up from L2 to L3. Elevator is also available on the right after Starbucks.
  4. On L3, there is a passageway connecting Shibuya Stream to Shibuya Sakura Stage. Cross over and turn left at the end of the passageway. Walk along the railway until you reach an open space called "Nigiwai Stage". Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya entrance is located on the right-hand side.
Hanzomon Line, Toyoko Line, Fukutoshin Line
  1. Take "Shibuya Hikarie 1" gate and proceed to the right.
  2. There are two of No.23 elevators near the escalator. Take right side elevator up to L2 of "Shibuya Scramble Square".
  3. Follow the direction to "Shibuya Stream"
  4. In Shibuya Stream, take the esaclator up from L2 to L3. Elevator is also available on the right after Starbucks.
  5. On L3, there is a passageway connecting "Shibuya Stream" to "Shibuya Sakura Stage". Cross over and turn left at the end of the passageway. Walk along the railway until you reach an open space called "Nigiwai Stage". Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya entrance is located on the right-hand side.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 5:20 pm

If you have more than two people, I would stay at HH. More room to spread out and the hotel is really nice for a HH. Otherwise, GH is more "luxurious" with a helpful concierge and good front desk staff.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 3:43 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist | Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by stvr
What is the name of a standard room here

standard room

standard suites
SifuGinSaing likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: WoH Globalist | Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by denghis
...Breakfast is on the lobby floor. It's not that great...worse than the HR Yokohama.
worse than HR Yokohama is... something.
i actually like HR Yokohama facilities-wise, so it was crazy to see how poor the breakfast was (especially if you compare it to something like HR Tokyo, both being Regency Club buffets).
i thought HH Tokyo might follow in the footsteps of HH Kyoto, which from reviews i've seen say that the latter's breakfast is actually pretty good value for a HH in terms of quality and selection.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:11 am

Does anyone know when HH Tokyo will open the points room?
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:51 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Hch_city
They've been open, just booked by a lot of people and also playing some games ie: king room w/ view is not standard. Unfortunately, pretty common these days.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 5:50 pm

Stayed here for 2 nights.

The location is absolutely incredible. Right above Shibuya station, and I was able to hop on the Narita Express within minutes of walking out of the front door.

as for the hotel, it’s a very nice Hyatt house. I’ve done luxury Tokyo before at the park Hyatt and Andaz, and this time I just wanted somewhere to lay my head after exploring the city. It was more than that. An actual washer and dryer. Stove, microwave, sink, and actual metal and ceramic plates and utensils. Quite clean, and obviously brand new.

the biggest disappointment by far is the breakfast. It’s honestly quite trash, lacking flavor and variety. But given this is a cat 4 literally a short walk from Shibuya crossing and everything the area has to offer, I could easily spend the $6 eating good food elsewhere and pocket the 10,000 to 20,000 difference in points per night vs the other options.

again, this is a steal in high season for the location and the fact that is indeed a very nice hotel.
dw, olouie and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 7:05 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Eke2k6
But given this is a cat 4 literally a short walk from Shibuya crossing and everything the area has to offer, I could easily spend the $6 eating good food elsewhere and pocket the 10,000 to 20,000 difference in points per night vs the other options.
So true.. I personally think a coffee and sandwich or pastry from Lawsons for less than $5 is better than even a typical North American HP or HH breakfast
Old Apr 30, 2024, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Hch_city
Uh, they already did? Gotta move quickly. I have the king suite on points for November.
Old May 1, 2024, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Daftryan
Uh, they already did? Gotta move quickly. I have the king suite on points for November.
Yesterday, I booked three nights on points for last weekend in June. So, there does seem to be sporadic availability.
Old May 1, 2024, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Yesterday, I booked three nights on points for last weekend in June. So, there does seem to be sporadic availability.
wow,i'm looking for the 29 June, but not find avaliable room now.
Old May 1, 2024, 12:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
This hotel is playing a weird game. 1 King is standard. 1 King with Sofa Bed is not. But the 1 King has a sofa... it's just not a bed? So they yanked some of the sofa beds and replaced them with regular sofas and created a whole category? Is this the fax machine game all over again?

"The Intercontinental Mark Hopkins: In spring 2006 they got a new General Manager who hated upgrades. He created a new room category — his lowest room, added a fax machine, called it a ‘business room” and argued it met his obligation to upgrade to an ‘executive room’."
Old May 1, 2024, 9:36 pm

So I have been stalking my dates for a couple months now, and back in February had picked up two consecutive 1-night award nights for my upcoming stay in a month, was trying to get a third night after those nights. No luck up til now. I've been checking 1-night, 2-night, and 3-night combos. Well today, suddenly the full three-night combo I needed showed up on points! The other interesting thing is the two-night combo on the front end was also available, but not the two-night combo on the back end. Of course the point calendars all show these nights as unavailable. So I would keep trying 2 or 3 (or more) night combos if you are looking. Like I said, none of them had been available in the past months I've been looking, but suddenly a few combos were available today.

Available:
N1 + N2
N1 + N2 + N3

Not available:
N1 only
N2 only
N3 only
N2 + N3

Edit: Also, when I cancelled my original 2-night reservation, it DID go back into inventory on points.
projectmaximus likes this.

Last edited by rundisney; May 1, 2024 at 9:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.