Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2024, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by diverg
I asked this 2 months ago, but didn't get an answer. I have an overnight connection in Tokyo using a Cat 1-4 FNC, and currently booked at the HR Yokohama. Would this place/location be a better option in your opinion? Mainly want easy access from/to HND to the hotels with things to do near the hotel, and of course good places to eat nearby.
1000% yes on all fronts. It's central Shibuya. Mind blowing if it's your first time.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 3:28 pm

Hi fellow Japan travelers

I am looking into a Japan trip in the spring of 2025 with my wife and our future 10-12 month old infant at that time. So far when my wife and i travel its always just us two. And now we will have our infant for this upcoming Japan trip. And i've heard how strict Asia and European countries can be with occupancy. Looking at Hyatt website, This hotel caught my eye since its a cat 4 hotel so i can use my 2 annual certs plus points to top it off for other days. Then when i try to price it with adding an infant. The free night cert option went away. The cash price for 2 was 52k yen, while adding an infant turns to 53k yen. that 1k yen is like 5 bucks USD so i'm wondering how others book this hyatt or any other hyatt or other hotels with infants? Can i get away with just booking this using the free night certs? Or would they just have me pay the additional for infant in cash?

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2024, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by tanlee07
so i'm wondering how others book this hyatt or any other hyatt or other hotels with infants? Can i get away with just booking this using the free night certs? Or would they just have me pay the additional for infant in cash?

Thanks
Book it and then email the hotel asking their policy regarding your infant. I’ve had no issues so far with my toddler and we’ve traveled with her extensively the past 2.5yrs (including a lot of the Hyatts in Japan). However she bed shares with us (so dont need a rollaway or crib) and I have status (so possible upgrade).
Old Feb 16, 2024, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by tanlee07
Hi fellow Japan travelers

I am looking into a Japan trip in the spring of 2025 with my wife and our future 10-12 month old infant at that time. So far when my wife and i travel its always just us two. And now we will have our infant for this upcoming Japan trip. And i've heard how strict Asia and European countries can be with occupancy. Looking at Hyatt website, This hotel caught my eye since its a cat 4 hotel so i can use my 2 annual certs plus points to top it off for other days. Then when i try to price it with adding an infant. The free night cert option went away. The cash price for 2 was 52k yen, while adding an infant turns to 53k yen. that 1k yen is like 5 bucks USD so i'm wondering how others book this hyatt or any other hyatt or other hotels with infants? Can i get away with just booking this using the free night certs? Or would they just have me pay the additional for infant in cash?

Thanks
The reason it's happening is because their base room is a den with a max occupancy of 2 according to the website. There's a very good chance the hotel would allow more flexible occupancy restrictions than what the website allows...I find this to be the case about 50-60% of the time. So as the above poster replied, make a refundable booking and then ask the hotel.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 2:29 pm

Whats the earliest stay someone has lined up? Looking forward to this over Grand Hyatt with Park Hyatt being closed and this being brand new and in such an amazing location. Also interested to see real data points in bringing their toddler after booking using two adults since thats the limitation of the site and if anyone has success with using SUA since it is a HH but some people have had success at other HH in the past.

Last edited by RoodyPooUS; Feb 25, 2024 at 2:42 pm
Old Feb 25, 2024, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by RoodyPooUS
Whats the earliest stay someone has lined up? Looking forward to this over Grand Hyatt with Park Hyatt being closed and this being brand new and in such an amazing location. Also interested to see real data points in bringing their toddler after booking using two adults since thats the limitation of the site and if anyone has success with using SUA since it is a HH but some people have had success at other HH in the past.
did the property open yet? Appears that they were taking reservation from as of today but nothing is bookable from now to mid march. Hope there are no significant delays as I’m sure lots are booked for cherry blossom season coming up.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by RoodyPooUS
Why wait for DPs? Just contact Hyatt about the SUA and they'll either accept or not. And email the property regarding 2 adults + toddler. I've never had an issue in dozens of stays when the website restricts my # of guests but the property directly informs me that it is fine for my room type.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by myperks
did the property open yet? Appears that they were taking reservation from as of today but nothing is bookable from now to mid march. Hope there are no significant delays as I’m sure lots are booked for cherry blossom season coming up.
seems like they are again open with availability this week (2/27) as of a few minutes ago. Good sign that opening is happening.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by myperks
Yes, they opened today to public at 1pm local time.

As expected, no upgrade for Globalist. Room has the stated amenities, including washer/dryer, large fridge, and kitchen essentials.

Welcome amenity (or opening gift) consists of a pair of Hyatt House Shibuya slippers, 3 coffee packets, 1 shibuya map, and 1 notepad.
myperks, lsquare and wilywombat like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by germatory
Yes, they opened today to public at 1pm local time.

As expected, no upgrade for Globalist. Room has the stated amenities, including washer/dryer, large fridge, and kitchen essentials.

Welcome amenity (or opening gift) consists of a pair of Hyatt House Shibuya slippers, 3 coffee packets, 1 shibuya map, and 1 notepad.
Do non-Globalists get free breakfast?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The standard King City View room is quite slim and compact. Not very much space between the desk chair and the bed and opening more than 1 30" suitcase could be a problem. I would recommend booking a Deluxe room and up when with a partner and kids.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:56 am

I am curious if my King Rooms that I booked on points will have a sofa. It seems to indicate in the description that they do not.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by beth1299
I am curious if my King Rooms that I booked on points will have a sofa. It seems to indicate in the description that they do not.
There is a sofa but not long enough to make a bed.

See below for the Kind Bed floor plan.

Old Feb 26, 2024, 9:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
I unsuccessfully tried to apply an SUA yesterday, but it was before official opening time (~10AM JST?) and MHC mentioned that they didn't have the systems ready yet to accept it so try again in a few hours, so will try again today and see what happens.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
I unsuccessfully tried to apply an SUA yesterday, but it was before official opening time (~10AM JST?) and MHC mentioned that they didn't have the systems ready yet to accept it so try again in a few hours, so will try again today and see what happens.
Same! I tried again today and was told the same thing. However, only a Deluxe suite is showing for my dates. Is one showing as avaiable for your dates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.