Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2023, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

Yet another brand comes to Tokyo. And bucking the recent trend, it will have a swimming pool!

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124347

Hyatt House Brand to Debut in Tokyo With Plans for Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya
Located in the bustling Tokyo area famous for its Scramble Crossing, Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya will offer guests the comforts of home
CHICAGO (February 9, 2023) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a management agreement with Tokyu Land Corporation for Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya. Slated to open by mid-2024, the 126-room hotel will be an ideal mid- to long-stay living accommodation situated just steps away from the world-famous Shibuya Scramble Crossing. Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya will mark the entry of the Hyatt House brand in Tokyo, further demonstrating Hyatt’s intentional brand growth in the Asia Pacific region.

Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya will make guests feel genuinely at home with an elevated, spacious, and perfectly self-sufficient experience close to offices and commercial facilities in Shibuya. The Sakuragaoka area, just southwest of the Shibuya station where the hotel will be located, is being redeveloped as part of a major transformation of the Shibuya district, one of Tokyo’s most popular areas for entertainment, shopping, fashion, and dining. The area's diverse new urban facilities will enhance Tokyo's international competitiveness and create an ideal living and working environment for overseas guests.

Each of the hotel’s 126 spacious guestrooms, ranging in size from approximately 344 to 915 square feet (32 to 85 square meters), will offer home-like amenities including a well-equipped kitchen, washer and dryer, plush bed, and cozy living room. The lobby will face an airy rooftop garden and the property will feature an indoor swimming pool, lounge, H Bar, and restaurant. In addition, Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya's communal space, Fitness Room, and other facilities will be designed to appeal to modern, self-sufficient travelers who appreciate relaxing, socializing and working as if they were at home.

"We are pleased to welcome Hyatt’s Hyatt House brand to the redeveloped Shibuya Station area, a project in which Tokyu Land is participating,” said Tatsuaki Tanaka, Director & Managing Officer of Tokyu Land Corporation. “Shibuya is both an active business district populated with many offices and a popular recreational district offering Tokyo's latest entertainment, and Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya will allow international travelers and locals alike to enjoy unique and iconic Shibuya experiences. We hope that this wonderfully convenient and exciting location will provide guests with fulfilling lifestyles for work and leisure as we continue to revitalize the overall area."

"Shibuya is known around the world as one of the dynamic facets of Tokyo, and Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya will play a vital role in the major redevelopment around Shibuya Station,” said Sam Sakamura, Hyatt’s vice president Japan and Micronesia. “We are honored to work with Tokyu Land Corporation on this once-in-a-lifetime project and look forward to the debut of the Hyatt House brand to Tokyo while providing travelers a home away from home.”

Once open, Hyatt House Tokyo Shibuya will be the second Hyatt House-branded property in Japan, joining Hyatt House Kanazawa in Ishikawa prefecture, as well as a global portfolio of more than 125 locations worldwide.

For more information, please visit hyatthouse.com.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:31 am

If it's also cat 4, I would probably ditch Hyatt Regency and opt for this one.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Actually the third Hyatt House in Japan, but I guess they want us to forget that the Hyatt House Niseko ever existed.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 5:44 pm

Website now says, "Now accepting reservations for arrivals of 25 March 2024 and beyond." Lots of photos, as well.

However, it's not bookable on the website nor the app. Very curious to find out what category this place is (I'm gonna guess a 5), and also if SUAs can be applied.

Really hoping this place doesn't play games with availability like most of the Tokyo Hyatts do, because this location + laundry machines in the room + that pool could potentially be an incredible offering.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:53 pm

Looks like an upgraded version of "Tokyu Stay", same property owner.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Daftryan
Website now says, "Now accepting reservations for arrivals of 25 March 2024 and beyond." Lots of photos, as well.

However, it's not bookable on the website nor the app. Very curious to find out what category this place is (I'm gonna guess a 5), and also if SUAs can be applied.

Really hoping this place doesn't play games with availability like most of the Tokyo Hyatts do, because this location + laundry machines in the room + that pool could potentially be an incredible offering.
Hopefully, the HH will be cheaper than the HR.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Hopefully, the HH will be cheaper than the HR.
With a better location, a pool, brand new rooms, and breakfast included (that, because this is Asia, will inevitably be a high-quality breakfast unlike HH in America)? I would be hugely surprised if it is cheaper than the HR.
lsquare and hailstorm like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 10:45 pm

Excited for this property to come online. Between the location and having a kitchenette and being a brand new property, hopefully the first year category placement won’t be too bad

Need more chain brands with kitchenettes in big Asian cities for extended stays. Can’t eat out every night. Love going to the market for the bentos and side dishes for something quick and maybe cook up some vegetables to go with it.
dw, TravisMT81 and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 9:08 pm

I’ve been checking availability for summer 2024. Not sure what it means (if anything), but in the past few days, the HH has disappeared from search results entirely as opposed to saying “coming soon”.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 8:47 pm

Breaking news - the hotel is pegged at a Category 3. This is incredible news. This may become, given my personal situation, the most incredible use of Cat 1-4 nights in the entire Hyatt ecosystem.

Also, it appears the language stating that this hotel would be open March 24th has been removed from the website.
lsquare and hailstorm like this.

Last edited by Markie; Aug 23, 2023 at 10:14 pm
Old Aug 23, 2023, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Also, it appears the language stating that this hotel would be open March 24th has been removed from the website.
Replaced by "Opening in Spring 2024"
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Replaced by "Opening in Spring 2024"
Construction delays? Tokyo desperately needs more new hotels. Even the Grand Hyatt, where I am at the moment, and the Marriott could use a refurbishment.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 6:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Breaking news - the hotel is pegged at a Category 3. This is incredible news. This may become, given my personal situation, the most incredible use of Cat 1-4 nights in the entire Hyatt ecosystem.

Fingers crossed that it stays C3.

However, I've noticed a rising tendency of properties upping their category prior to actual opening. For example, Andaz Nanjing raising from C2 to C4, and Andaz Macau from C4 to C5, all done prior to actual launch.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by germatory
Fingers crossed that it stays C3.

However, I've noticed a rising tendency of properties upping their category prior to actual opening. For example, Andaz Nanjing raising from C2 to C4, and Andaz Macau from C4 to C5, all done prior to actual launch.
Or Numu going from Category ONE to Category 6?? lol
Old Sep 20, 2023, 5:03 pm

Website now shows "Now accepting reservations for arrivals of 20 April 2024 and beyond." but still can't book on Hyatt. Checking every day for a summer trip, location and point value will be great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.