Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New All Inclusive Award Categories & ALG Integration to WOH starting April 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New All Inclusive Award Categories & ALG Integration to WOH starting April 2022

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2022, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any update on Globalist benefits at the new all inclusives? I assume it will vary a bit by property, but what have Globalists encountered so far?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Any update on Globalist benefits at the new all inclusives? I assume it will vary a bit by property, but what have Globalists encountered so far?
currently on a status run at the Secrets Bahía Mita as a globalist.

we booked standard tropical view room but was “upgraded” to a “panoramic” view room of the drive way. But that room was so dusty when switched to another room that had so many broken things. Next day we switched to a normal room.

so I can’t honestly say if we got any upgrades. But we did get access to all the premier club stuff which is not that much.

having stayed at most zivas and zilaras before, this is our first experience in Secrets and man we are disappointed.

I can’t say if it’s just this resort or secrets in general but it’s an underwhelming experience.

you will not feel any special as a globalist here. If you do want special treatment, go to any of the 100 time share presentations you’ll be offered endlessly.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pointsloop
currently on a status run at the Secrets Bahía Mita as a globalist.

we booked standard tropical view room but was “upgraded” to a “panoramic” view room of the drive way. But that room was so dusty when switched to another room that had so many broken things. Next day we switched to a normal room.

so I can’t honestly say if we got any upgrades. But we did get access to all the premier club stuff which is not that much.

having stayed at most zivas and zilaras before, this is our first experience in Secrets and man we are disappointed.

I can’t say if it’s just this resort or secrets in general but it’s an underwhelming experience.

you will not feel any special as a globalist here. If you do want special treatment, go to any of the 100 time share presentations you’ll be offered endlessly.
Thanks. You're confirming what I'm kind of expecting. I've never stayed at an all-inclusive, but I'm headed to Mexico, and Hyatt now has a zillion of them, so I figured I'd try one out. I see that a lot of the properties get good reviews, but I've watched a few youtube videos and though "um, that looks OK -- nothing to get excited about." That said, with the free food and drink, i think they will be reasonable point redemptions (and a new experience).
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks. You're confirming what I'm kind of expecting. I've never stayed at an all-inclusive, but I'm headed to Mexico, and Hyatt now has a zillion of them, so I figured I'd try one out. I see that a lot of the properties get good reviews, but I've watched a few youtube videos and though "um, that looks OK -- nothing to get excited about." That said, with the free food and drink, i think they will be reasonable point redemptions (and a new experience).
having stayed at a bunch of all inclusive a before. I think most zivas and zilaras are better than Secrets/Dreams Bahia Mita. The only redeeming quality about here is the food. Mostly above average. I would be pissed if I had to spend $700-$800 cash rate here.

and as of Oct-Nov 2022, status recognition and benefits are better at the ziva and zillara properties.

but maybe it’s my higher standards but I overheard two ladies at the smoking area talk about this place being the best place they ever been.

my personal two fav all inclusives are the Ziva in Cancun and Cap Cana.

Pvr ziva is old but still charming. Food is below average but you’re so close to some really fine restaurants cheap Uber ride away. My wife has one of the worst food poisonings there. Their cash price is okay most of the time put the increase in points booking is too much for what’s offered.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
As a Globalist, just got an Ocean Front Suite with Club Access (one of the highest category of rooms) at Dreams Riviera Cancun.

I did use a Club Upgrade “in case” so I don’t know if that was helpful or not. But my guess is that the upgrade would have occurred even if I didn’t use the Club Upgrade.

The hotel seemed pretty full when I was there.
iahphx likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Double Nights Posting?

For those who have paid stays during the double EQN and points Bonus Journeys promo for AI (starting Sept 15), have your double nights been posting as promised, without having to contact Hyatt? Have an upcoming stay partly booked for the double EQN. Trying to decide whether to go or cancel and stay more nights closer to home. I bit when they dangled that carrot and now am having second thoughts. Thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:37 pm
Original Member

I see zero posts on the Breathless chain and specifically the Montego Bay location, where I have an upcoming stay. I would love to hear of any experiences, especially Globalist access to the Xhale Club level suites, which offers a personal butler/concierge service. My experience so far is mixed, as the property fought my concierge over applying a TSU at the initial booking.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Has anybody had any problems with getting points and elite night credits for these new hotels?

I've got 40+ elite nights (and counting) not crediting for 2023, with WoH giving me the runaround about these hotels being new to WoH - bla bla bla... Wondering if it's just my terrible misfortune with a single hotel or a regular thing?
Old Mar 1, 2023, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Has anybody had any problems with getting points and elite night credits for these new hotels?

I've got 40+ elite nights (and counting) not crediting for 2023, with WoH giving me the runaround about these hotels being new to WoH - bla bla bla... Wondering if it's just my terrible misfortune with a single hotel or a regular thing?
Just finished a stay at Secrets Impression Moxché and was worried this might happen. (they were some wonky things with my stay in the computer).

But much to my surprise, it posted within 48 hours.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Originally Posted by MrCUBS
Hello,
Have not seen any information, but does anybody know what are or will be the Hyatt benefits for those who own UVC (Unlimited Vacation Club) with AMR?
Thanks
Did you ever find out about this? My wife is a UVC member and they combined her Hyatt and UVC accounts while in Cancun this weekend and now she seems to be getting perpetual globalist benefits for the duration of her UVC membership (which is another 46 years), but she is flying right now and I can't figure out what the actual terms are.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lt Plt
Originally Posted by Jerkstore
Did you ever find out about this? My wife is a UVC member and they combined her Hyatt and UVC accounts while in Cancun this weekend and now she seems to be getting perpetual globalist benefits for the duration of her UVC membership (which is another 46 years), but she is flying right now and I can't figure out what the actual terms are.
I was not able to find out. A family memebr got Explorist but only for a couple years I think. Nothing on GLobalist for the duration of the UVC, it will be interesting to know how she got that. Did she upgrade her UVC membership?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.