Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New All Inclusive Award Categories & ALG Integration to WOH starting April 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New All Inclusive Award Categories & ALG Integration to WOH starting April 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
Almost 60k points for a property...Hyatt is rapidly becoming Hiltonesque with its point costs.
Nice all-inclusives are extremely expensive, as they should be. 2x the points for a property that gives you unlimited food and booze is reasonable (if everything is high quality). Do you think it should be the same price as a similar quality property that charges for food and drink?

At a resort, it's not uncommon for my F&B charges to be more than my room once all is said and done. So if a high end resort is going to give that to me for free, it should cost at least twice as much.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Now I wonder if all brands will be added to the „Brand Explorer“. That would be great.
Says the main 7 will, which is exciting, as that brings the total number of brands to a number divisible by 5. If there were even one less brand, some well traveling players would be 1 shy... nice!
strickerj and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Maybe this was discussed when the AMR purchase was announced, but does anyone actually know the difference between the 7 brands?

Are ANY of the properties just hotels and not all inclusive? Very much looking forward to more Hyatt options in Europe but not if they're all expensive or all inclusive. My poor little body can't eat much food, so I've always avoided buffets/Brazillian BBQ... plus I like variety. I would feel like I am wasting money if I ate or drank off site...
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Maybe this was discussed when the AMR purchase was announced, but does anyone actually know the difference between the 7 brands?

Are ANY of the properties just hotels and not all inclusive? Very much looking forward to more Hyatt options in Europe but not if they're all expensive or all inclusive. My poor little body can't eat much food, so I've always avoided buffets/Brazillian BBQ... plus I like variety. I would feel like I am wasting money if I ate or drank off site...
Honestly all inclusives are great for beach/pool vacations where you want to lie in the sun and constantly have a drink in your hand. If you actually want to explore the area's culture / cuisine / nightlife then you are obviously better off in a regular hotel.

Personally, I like both types of trips. They are just different. Obviously not everyone likes both, so not every property is suitable for everyone.

One thing that I really like about the changes to Hyatt in recent years is that there's something for everyone now, rather than only catering to a specific type of clientele or trip. You want to stay in a boutique hotel in the middle of downtown? The JDV acquisition was great for that (and to a lesser extent, Destination). You want a lazy resort AI vacation? As of today, you have lots of options beyond Ziva and Zilara. If you are a business traveler who wants a hotel next door to the convention center, the HR is still there for you. If you want a fancy hotel somewhere in Europe, the SLH partnership works well (I would prefer if they were full Hyatts, but the partnership is better than nothing). If you want a cheap stay in large room with a desk and a living room separate from the bedroom, they have buit a lot more HPs. etc, etc, etc.

You say you like variety? This is variety! If you would get bored with a full week at an AI resort, try a 3-4 day stay and see how it goes. Or if lying in the sun all day with a drink in your hand is just not appealing to you (I love it but I understand that it's not for everyone), ignore them and focus on the other properties.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
There's a snippet at the bottom of the page linked in the email, if you received one: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ew-brands.html

In short, Zoetry, Secrets, Breathless, and Vivid are adults only, with Zoetry seeming a little more premium than the others, and Vivid listed as "coming soon", so I'm not sure where they'll be. Dreams, Alua, and Sunscape appear to be family resorts, with Alua being only in Europe. Other than that, I'm not sure - just from those descriptions, there would seem to be a lot of overlap.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Charging 25k for 2 adults but 50k for 2a+2k is lunacy. My kids eat a lot but not an equivalent of $400-500 a day and anyone in the right mind would just book 2 room in such scenario.
Am I missing smth there?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by azepine00
Charging 25k for 2 adults but 50k for 2a+2k is lunacy. My kids eat a lot but not an equivalent of $400-500 a day and anyone in the right mind would just book 2 room in such scenario.
Am I missing smth there?
You're not. The extra adult charge only makes sense when you have three adults sharing a room or when you can only secure one room on points (e.g. you can only get one room with two doubles vs. getting two king rooms). Aside from those situations, if you have four adults traveling together then you're usually much better off getting two rooms.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Am I missing smth there?
Ziva/Zilara has always been like this. In a 2A+2K situation, your best bet is most likely paying a cash surcharge for additional persons directly at the property. Each hotel have different prices based on ages, etc., of course. But I agree with you, no one should be booking one room for 50k instead of two 1A+1K rooms.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 7:57 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Nice all-inclusives are extremely expensive, as they should be. 2x the points for a property that gives you unlimited food and booze is reasonable (if everything is high quality). Do you think it should be the same price as a similar quality property that charges for food and drink?

At a resort, it's not uncommon for my F&B charges to be more than my room once all is said and done. So if a high end resort is going to give that to me for free, it should cost at least twice as much.
I don’t know if that really makes sense. We know Hyatt cat 7 and cat 8 rooms can easily be $800-1,500 a night and on occasion more. Are these all inclusives in cat F really $2,000+ A night for a base room? (All of this is ignoring the current short term ludicrous pricing).
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:08 pm

I wonder if some of these new hotels will recognize status. I know the press release makes it sound like they will but we all know some hotels are pretty stingy with providing benefits such as room upgrades. I have a friend having a destination wedding at a Secrets resort in December we are considering going to, however award nights seem to be hit or miss during those dates. I am currently a globalist, so I'm curious if I booked a standard room if I would get upgraded to something decent.
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:22 am

The initial award rates have me impressed - I thought it would be 30k or more for the Secrets they have listed.

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I don’t know if that really makes sense. We know Hyatt cat 7 and cat 8 rooms can easily be $800-1,500 a night and on occasion more. Are these all inclusives in cat F really $2,000+ A night for a base room? (All of this is ignoring the current short term ludicrous pricing).
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
58K Points Peak night/50k Points standard at an all-inclusive at a Category F hotel???? That can't be right...

This is definitely a point-sink Hyatt has introduced.
Given the ones above like Zoetry Riviera Maya falling into the 25k band, I would expect tier F to be only a couple AI-optional luxury resorts in Europe and have zero in the Caribbean, unless there is an AMR property I'm forgetting about that is super high-end down there.

Sunscape: "affordable" brand, what most people think of when they hear the phrase "all-inclusive"

Dreams: Higher end family-friendly brand, although properties vary considerably between "okay" and "great"

Secrets: High-end adults-only brand that is supposed to be equivalent to Dreams, but overall the properties are higher end than Dreams. Oftentimes Dreams/Secrets are 2 halves of the same property where adults at both can roam freely between the two. Generally more for romantic vacations and some can be considered a bit boring with the on-site entertainment/activities.

Breathless: Upper-mid-range adults only targeted at a younger/more lively crowd. Generally not as nice as Secrets, but those who want the party will enjoy this much more.

Zoetry: Adults-friendly romantic luxury brand that is the highest-end of the brands here, but technically allows kids. Note: Don't bring your kids to one unless they are avid bookworms and will be happy spending their vacation reading a book. Few-to-no kids amenities (so no kids pools, kids clubs, playgrounds, etc. for them). Adults should enjoy these resorts as long as they aren't looking for a party scene, even for those who are averse to staying at an AI

Vivid: Can't say for sure yet as they don't appear to even have any locations announced, but it sounds like it will target millennials based on the marketing paragraphs about wellness and technology enablement. They use the word casual a lot in their descriptions, but not sure if that means "Applebees" casual or "Tulum-expensive" casual

Alux: Europe-only, most are AI-optional, family resorts that I believe are between Dreams and Sunscape in quality. Don't know much about this brand as I've never stayed at one

Ziva: Family-friendly, generally higher end than Dreams, but for resorts owned by Playa Hotels

Zilara: Adults-only, generally higher end, but for resorts owned by Playa Hotels

Overall brand order, from lower-end to higher-end (subject to variations property to property, e.g. the best Dreams is better than the worst Secrets):

Sunscape (2.5*), Alux (3*), Dreams/Breathless (3.5*-4*), Ziva/Zilara/Secrets (4-4.5*), Zoetry (5*).

Add half a star if you get the Preferred Club section at the resort. Ignore when an AI says it is 5*, almost all do that even if 80% of your meals will be at a mediocre buffet or beach snackbar.

Many/most of the European ones are AI-optional, but I don't know how they will price those for WoH nights other than the AI option being included in the A-F tier pricing (i.e. would a Europe hotel that's 30k/night for the AI option Tier D be 20k/night Cat 5 for no AI or just not available at all?
TerryK, hedoman, paytonc and 8 others like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Sunscape: "affordable" brand, what most people think of when they hear the phrase "all-inclusive"

Dreams: Higher end family-friendly brand, although properties vary considerably between "okay" and "great"

Secrets: High-end adults-only brand that is supposed to be equivalent to Dreams, but overall the properties are higher end than Dreams. Oftentimes Dreams/Secrets are 2 halves of the same property where adults at both can roam freely between the two. Generally more for romantic vacations and some can be considered a bit boring with the on-site entertainment/activities.

Breathless: Upper-mid-range adults only targeted at a younger/more lively crowd. Generally not as nice as Secrets, but those who want the party will enjoy this much more.

Zoetry: Adults-friendly romantic luxury brand that is the highest-end of the brands here, but technically allows kids. Note: Don't bring your kids to one unless they are avid bookworms and will be happy spending their vacation reading a book. Few-to-no kids amenities (so no kids pools, kids clubs, playgrounds, etc. for them). Adults should enjoy these resorts as long as they aren't looking for a party scene, even for those who are averse to staying at an AI

Vivid: Can't say for sure yet as they don't appear to even have any locations announced, but it sounds like it will target millennials based on the marketing paragraphs about wellness and technology enablement. They use the word casual a lot in their descriptions, but not sure if that means "Applebees" casual or "Tulum-expensive" casual

Alux: Europe-only, most are AI-optional, family resorts that I believe are between Dreams and Sunscape in quality. Don't know much about this brand as I've never stayed at one

Ziva: Family-friendly, generally higher end than Dreams, but for resorts owned by Playa Hotels

Zilara: Adults-only, generally higher end, but for resorts owned by Playa Hotels

Overall brand order, from lower-end to higher-end (subject to variations property to property, e.g. the best Dreams is better than the worst Secrets):

Sunscape (2.5*), Alux (3*), Dreams/Breathless (3.5*-4*), Ziva/Zilara/Secrets (4-4.5*), Zoetry (5*).

Add half a star if you get the Preferred Club section at the resort. Ignore when an AI says it is 5*, almost all do that even if 80% of your meals will be at a mediocre buffet or beach snackbar.
Thank you, assuming a couple people agree and consider this accurate, this reply should be a sticky somewhere, along with the write ups of the potential explanations of existing Hyatt brands! Thanks again.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lt Plt
Hello,
Have not seen any information, but does anybody know what are or will be the Hyatt benefits for those who own UVC (Unlimited Vacation Club) with AMR?
Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2022, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcfersure
I wonder if some of these new hotels will recognize status. I know the press release makes it sound like they will but we all know some hotels are pretty stingy with providing benefits such as room upgrades. I have a friend having a destination wedding at a Secrets resort in December we are considering going to, however award nights seem to be hit or miss during those dates. I am currently a globalist, so I'm curious if I booked a standard room if I would get upgraded to something decent.
The often aren't significant elite benefits at AIs. At the Zilara in Cancun, it's all suites (so you aren't entitled to any upgrades since you are always in at least a standard suite). I believe that there was a dedicated check-in/checkout area (big deal) and one of the restaurants that would normally require a surcharge was provided for free. There was a "lounge" but I think everyone has access to it. There was no resort fee to waive. Since it's a resort, there is no late checkout benefit.

I've also stayed at the Ziva in Cabo. I don't remember the details there but I think it was similar. It's not that they don't recognize status, it's that all the things that you would normally get as globalist are included anyway (hence all-inclusive) so status doesn't mean much.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Also curious if globalist will receive upgrades at AMR properties, either to larger rooms, or to the preferred club room types?​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.