Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2023, 8:48 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SP03
Standard suite is clearly noted in each room description. Not sure how much clearer you want. No other hotel chain does that.
in many hotels it is, but not at all 😀
Old Aug 9, 2023, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by SP03
Standard suite is clearly noted in each room description. Not sure how much clearer you want. No other hotel chain does that.
There are many hotels where it's not. I think in my experience maybe 75% of the hotels I look at have standard and premium suites identified in the description.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 11:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
chad75
Nice!
Why just about to re-qualify with already 64 nights (and probably a significant amount of base points considering the hotels stayed at)?
Old Aug 10, 2023, 1:17 am

Programs: Some
My first stay as a Hyatt Globalist - upgraded from base room to the second tier of standard suite for an eight night stay(!) at a European luxury resort. This is my second stay here this summer which may have had something to do with it but this is an incredible start and has basically already paid back the nights spent with limited benefits to earn it.

Feeling very misguided to have stayed with Marriott for so long after SPG ceased to exist.
SanDiego1K and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 3:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
My first stay as a Hyatt Globalist - upgraded from base room to the second tier of standard suite for an eight night stay(!) at a European luxury resort. This is my second stay here this summer which may have had something to do with it but this is an incredible start and has basically already paid back the nights spent with limited benefits to earn it.

Feeling very misguided to have stayed with Marriott for so long after SPG ceased to exist.
Welcome. Better late than never. I was as loyal to SPG as could be. Marriott destroyed that loyalty within a few months after formal merger in 2018. I switched to Hyatt. After a few stays in 2019 that were beyond awful at Marriott, I fled and never went back to Marriott except as a back up to a back up.

Hyatt might even be better than SPG.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 8:53 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Welcome. Better late than never. I was as loyal to SPG as could be. Marriott destroyed that loyalty within a few months after formal merger in 2018. I switched to Hyatt. After a few stays in 2019 that were beyond awful at Marriott, I fled and never went back to Marriott except as a back up to a back up.

Another SPG loyalist here. Earned my LT Platinum status with SPG with paid stays. Marriott devalued the program to such an extent that I was staying exclusively at Hyatt as a lowly Explorist until last year, rather than choose Marriott as a Platinum elite. Of course I would have to stay with other properties regardless of brand/status in locations where Hyatt didn't have a presence. Enjoying my Globalist status with WoH this last year and the loyalty recognition is definitely on par with the good ol' SPG Platinum days. So long Bonvoy!
UA-NYC and 3rdworldresident like this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 10:17 am

Never be upgraded to suite after got the Globalist , especially in Grand Hyatt Tokyo, I tried more than 4 times,,,,really upset
Old Aug 10, 2023, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SHLTP

Exact same timing & rationale...and agreed couldn't be happier

Some of the Hyatt benefits definitely better than SPG...but I preferred the Starwood "top-heavy" portfolio vs. Hyatt's which is a bit more distributed (though sadly that was part of the downfall of Starwood...)
Old Aug 10, 2023, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Say_Aloha
Never be upgraded to suite after got the Globalist , especially in Grand Hyatt Tokyo, I tried more than 4 times,,,,really upset
GH doesn’t have many suites so if you want one there you need to use a TSU. If you get a space available upgrade buy a lottery ticket.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

Some of the Hyatt benefits definitely better than SPG...but I preferred the Starwood "top-heavy" portfolio vs. Hyatt's which is a bit more distributed (though sadly that was part of the downfall of Starwood...)
Agree on portfolio. Starwood had enough of the luxury properties in the places I want to be. Hyatt just doesn't have enough (even HRs) so it is harder for me to requalify in many ways. I chose vacations around SPG. Can't do that so easily with Hyatt
​​​​​
Old Aug 11, 2023, 1:29 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

GHA Discovery is the other program I’m putting a lot of stays through these days for exactly that reason. Elite benefits are certainly not comparable to Hyatt and most of the properties are in Asia / Middle East / Europe so not the easiest if you are US based, but the properties skew overwhelmingly five star (including ultra luxury like Capella) and they have quite a lot of good offers. It’s basically SPG without the Platinum treatment. Nice compliment to Hyatt also geographically.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 4:33 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I feel like there needs to be some balance amongst all the praise for Hyatt. Undoubtedly it's the best of the major hotel loyalty programs, but that's not a particularly high bar to clear ATM.

When it comes to suite upgrades, Hyatt corporate's official position is that upgrade availability is completely up to the hotel, so the hotel doesn't need to upgrade a Globalist into anything beyond a base room even if every higher category room and the standard suite are all up for sale.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 5:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Dave510
I feel like there needs to be some balance amongst all the praise for Hyatt. Undoubtedly it's the best of the major hotel loyalty programs, but that's not a particularly high bar to clear ATM.

When it comes to suite upgrades, Hyatt corporate's official position is that upgrade availability is completely up to the hotel, so the hotel doesn't need to upgrade a Globalist into anything beyond a base room even if every higher category room and the standard suite are all up for sale.
Where is this official position stated?
Old Aug 13, 2023, 6:28 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by danger
Where is this official position stated?
The T&Cs (emphasis added) ...

"(c) Best Room Available: Globalists will receive the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, including Standard Suites and rooms with Club lounge-access. The best room available will be determined by the applicable hotel or resort in its sole discretion and may vary from stay-to-stay. The “best room” may, but will not necessarily be, of a room type/category higher than that booked by the Member."
Old Aug 13, 2023, 6:38 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skj
The T&Cs (emphasis added) ...

"(c) Best Room Available: Globalists will receive the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, including Standard Suites and rooms with Club lounge-access. The best room available will be determined by the applicable hotel or resort in its sole discretion and may vary from stay-to-stay. The “best room” may, but will not necessarily be, of a room type/category higher than that booked by the Member."
As a Glob who books top suites, Premium and even above, the general experience is I get what I book, unless it’s Privè and that is also at the hotel’s discretion.

I have received a few Ambassador, Diplomatic, Presidential Suites etc but these are almost on one night stays.

If I book a Suite, I expect to receive what I book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.