Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2023, 7:29 pm

Hyatt Regency Austin
1 night
Booked: Standard King (on points)
Received: River View King
Seems to be the standard upgrade for this hotel as get it every single time even when the hotel is dead (except for a one-time suite upgrade last year). Solid room though.

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
3 nights
Booked: Standard King Room (cash)
Received: King Bed with Balcony
Weird layout and the balcony has zero charm at all. The room is fine but definitely not worth the cash for that upgrade.
Old May 28, 2023, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Hyatt Regency Long Beach - 1 night, points, rec’ed Studio Suite

Hyatt Regency Orange County
- 1 night, points, rec’ed Executive King Suite
Old May 29, 2023, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Hyatt Regency The Churchill
7 nights
Booked: Standard King (members prepaid)
Received: Executive Suite
All standard suites (Regency and Regency Balcony) were booked for this week so not possible to have my usual 9th floor corner one. Guest relations offered me first a Garden View room and after I asked if possible to try a premium suite for once offered the very large Executive Suite 😁
EuropeanPete and 59Impala like this.

Last edited by Sophoclefr; May 29, 2023 at 11:26 am
Old May 29, 2023, 11:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The only problem is that it’s hard to go back to the Regency Suite after you get used to that Exec one. Apart from the balcony now it’s nice weather.
Old May 29, 2023, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The only problem is that it’s hard to go back to the Regency Suite after you get used to that Exec one. Apart from the balcony now it’s nice weather.
True that the leaving room is double the size (and wooden floor) and larger/nicer bathroom as well.
But slightly smaller bedroom and view on the air conditioning and fire exits at the back of the building can’t compete with the balcony on Portman square/Nobu hotel…so all in all I think I prefer “my” usual corner balcony suite?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’d say great that leaves the Exec Suite for me, but sadly I can’t afford the £600+ a night for the base room at the moment, so I’ll probably have to wait until January until I stay again.
Old May 30, 2023, 12:41 am

Lucky I did all my Summer bookings a few weeks ago at £400+
What's your back up in London?
Old May 30, 2023, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Lucky I did all my Summer bookings a few weeks ago at £400+
What's your back up in London?
Worst case (like next week) I have special rates which don’t fluctuate at private members’ clubs and a few associated hotels through my membership of an old school london Gentleman’s Club.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Alila Marea Beach Resort:
1 night
Booked: King Bed Garden View
Upgraded: Studio Coastline View with Firepit
There was a standard suite (One Bedroom Suite with Ocean View) available on app when I checked in but the FD said it’s not available. They said that the studio was a suite. Got a 4pm late check-out, though.

Grand Hyatt Vail:
1 night
Booked: Standard King
Upgraded: Grand Suite | King Bed
I got upgraded to the suite the day before checking in. The room was very nice, but this one didn’t have a bath tub. (I had one on my previous stay.) Much easier to get a suite upgrade than the PH Beaver Creek. Seemed there were at least 9 Grand Suite | King Bed rooms available when I checked in.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 8:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Hyatt Regency Kyoto - 6 nights. Cash booking for Deluxe King. Property completely sold out on arrival, so no upgrade, but they were happy to move us to a Regency Executive Suite (which is a premium suite) once one became available midway through the stay.

3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Datapoints from past 2 months, in every case I booked the least expensive room available at a corporate (Leverage) or AAA or Senior or Military Leisure rate. (Unfortunately the incredibly generous Healthcare (COVID appreciation) Friends and Family rate seems to have ended at all Hyatt properties.)

Hyatt Regency Miami (~$150/night): morning of check-in the app stated “Miami Suite” (which is preferential to a Panorama Suite which has worse views and no dresser, just what looks like a dresser with door enclosed shelves, although it does have a walk-in bathroom with a door). Miami Suite bathroom has sink & vanity & closet behind a partition with shower & commode in a small room with a door (as pictured on the website).

Grand Hyatt Washington DC (~$200/night): morning of check-in the app stated “1 King Bed Club Access”, suites noted to be available for last 2 of my 3 nights, asked at check-in, agent “blocked” an “Executive King Suite” for the last 2 nights, changed rooms after the first night.

Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria (~$125/night): morning of check-in the app stated “Regency Suite King”, was assigned a 3rd floor (of 14 or 15) suite which turned out to be ADA/accessible with a massive roll-in shower stall missing one wall, asked for different suite, front desk supervisor didn’t know the difference between an ADA and non-ADA room/suite, I had to show him the 3rd floor suite and then look at the same non-ADA suite on the 10th floor (carpet being dried due to a leak) for him to see the differences, then took him 20-30 minutes to find me a Regency Suite King on the 8th floor (which has a large glass shower stall with a door and a ledge in a large bathroom as pictured on the website).

Hyatt Regency Chicago (downtown)(~$150/night): afternoon of check-in the app stated “1 King City View Premium”, called from LYFT from airport at about 4pm, spoke with a front desk agent who actually works in the office behind the front desk, asked about suite upgrade, took a few minutes, she said she could put me in a suite on the 3rd floor (of 35), then she said she found a “River View Suite Premium” (with “a separate sleeping room with a door”) on the 14th floor.
Boston Paulie likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jun 23, 2023 at 2:17 pm Reason: typo correction
Old Jun 24, 2023, 10:20 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Just about to re-qualify as a Globalist and Hyatt has been very generous to me so far this year.

All leisure trips typically booked the lowest or second lowest level room. Typical length of stay 3 – 6 nights.

HR Yokohama: Regency Suite (TSU)

Centric Kanazawa: City View Suite (TSU)

HR Kyoto: Balcony Deluxe

GH Melbourne: Grand Suite

Centric Melbourne: King Suite

GH Amman: Regency Suite

GH Kuwait (points stay): Grand Club Suite

PH Melbourne (3 stays): 2 Deluxe View and 1 Park Suite. The Deluxe View is my preferred option.

PH Doha: Park Suite

GH Abu Dhabi: Grand Suite King

GH Dubai: Grand Suite

HR Dubai: Regency Executive Suite

Andaz Singapore: 1 King Bed with City View

PH Auckland: Harbour View with Rooftop Balcony

Hyatt Place Caribbean Gardens (Melbourne): High Floor Mountain View (Highest Room Category)

So very appreciative of Hyatt for really looking after me so far this year with significant upgrades on 62 of 64 Nights with Andaz Singapore being the only outlier.
dpb132 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 7:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I'm new to being globalist. Have a hotel stay tonight where junior suites and one bedroom suites are avaialble for sale.

Texted hotel and they only offered to upgade me to a junior suite. Is that in line with globalist policy i.e. is a junior suite counted as a standard suite when it comes to upgrades, or should i be able to get the one bedroom suite if its still avaialble when i arrive at hotel?

I'm used to having to push for suite upgrades with other chains when they are available - but denied by the hotel - but not sure what the globalist policy is.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 8:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Enigma368
I'm new to being globalist. Have a hotel stay tonight where junior suites and one bedroom suites are avaialble for sale.

Texted hotel and they only offered to upgade me to a junior suite. Is that in line with globalist policy i.e. is a junior suite counted as a standard suite when it comes to upgrades, or should i be able to get the one bedroom suite if its still avaialble when i arrive at hotel?

I'm used to having to push for suite upgrades with other chains when they are available - but denied by the hotel - but not sure what the globalist policy is.
It all depends on what the "standard suite" is at the property. For some properties, it is indeed a junior suite (which usually isn't a suite at all). For some hotels, the standard suite is clearly stated in the room description. When it's not, one way to try to determine it is to perform a points search and see what suites show for the standard suite price. The other way is to call Hyatt and ask.

Hyatt needs to do better in identifying the standard suite type.
Enigma368 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 8:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by danger
It all depends on what the "standard suite" is at the property. For some properties, it is indeed a junior suite (which usually isn't a suite at all). For some hotels, the standard suite is clearly stated in the room description. When it's not, one way to try to determine it is to perform a points search and see what suites show for the standard suite price. The other way is to call Hyatt and ask.

Hyatt needs to do better in identifying the standard suite type.
Standard suite is clearly noted in each room description. Not sure how much clearer you want. No other hotel chain does that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.