Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Old Mar 19, 23, 6:57 am
  #301  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: USA
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond (Aspire), Hyatt Globalist (expiring), AA Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 3,711
Originally Posted by FlyingFromNY
I have status at Hilton, Marriott, IHG and Accor in addition to Hyatt and every stay at a non-Hyatt hotel makes me grateful that Hyatt isn't worse. Considering the competition, it doesn't need to be as good as it is. Hyatt has many areas that can be improved, properties that should be punished, but overall it's far and away the best loyalty program. The fans of Marriott bewilder me the most, least return on loyalty, and every year worse, but somehow people are satisfied.
Unclear why being a fan of Marriott is bewildering - they have one of the best global footprints, and I'm consistently treated well as an Ambassador (welcome gifts, suite upgrades if available) - at both return properties as well as properties I am visiting for the first time. I have stayed at over 230 Marriott properties over the past four years, and I've been happy with the vast majority of them. Proportionally, Hyatt has disappointed me more with the lack of welcome gifts, resistance to upgrades, and rude on-property treatment. Sure, there are good properties, but not enough to invest in loyalty and go out of my way to deal with Hyatt's poor footprint in certain parts of the globe.
ElevatorEnthusiast is offline  
Old Mar 19, 23, 7:15 am
  #302  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Unclear why being a fan of Marriott is bewildering - they have one of the best global footprints, and I'm consistently treated well as an Ambassador (welcome gifts, suite upgrades if available) - at both return properties as well as properties I am visiting for the first time. I have stayed at over 230 Marriott properties over the past four years, and I've been happy with the vast majority of them. Proportionally, Hyatt has disappointed me more with the lack of welcome gifts, resistance to upgrades, and rude on-property treatment. Sure, there are good properties, but not enough to invest in loyalty and go out of my way to deal with Hyatt's poor footprint in certain parts of the globe.
As I replied in the Marriott forum, I think you're an outlier, and Flyertalk is about crowdsourcing what people are likely to receive. When the majority of titaniums and ambassadors are not getting suite upgrades. The majority of globalists on Flyertalk consistently get suite upgrades, which led me to pursue status with Hyatt, and my experience has matched theirs.

*edited because the polite tone I intend wasn't being conveyed properly
FlyingFromNY is offline  
Old Mar 19, 23, 7:23 am
  #303  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: USA
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond (Aspire), Hyatt Globalist (expiring), AA Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 3,711
Originally Posted by FlyingFromNY
As I replied in the Marriott forum, I think you're an outlier, and Flyertalk is about crowdsourcing what people are likely to receive. When the majority of titaniums and ambassadors are not getting suite upgrades. The majority of globalists on Flyertalk consistently get suite upgrades, which led me to pursue status with Hyatt, and my experience has matched theirs.

*edited because the polite tone I intend wasn't being conveyed properly
I do think that part of this conundrum comes down to expectations based on the experiences of others - I constantly see Hyatt getting praised on here and am thus disappointed when my own experiences don't match. Many on FlyerTalk hate Marriott, but my experiences are great, so I stay very happy. I've done 3 stays with Hilton this year and have four more planned. I went in with such low expectations based on online discourse and have been pleasantly surprised with the service and nice Gold / Diamond welcome gifts I have gotten.

I know it's illogical to base your feelings off of comparison to others online, but I can't help it.
ElevatorEnthusiast is offline  
Old Mar 19, 23, 7:31 am
  #304  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 21,135
Originally Posted by FlyingFromNY
I have status at Hilton, Marriott, IHG and Accor in addition to Hyatt and every stay at a non-Hyatt hotel makes me grateful that Hyatt isn't worse. Considering the competition, it doesn't need to be as good as it is. Hyatt has many areas that can be improved, properties that should be punished, but overall it's far and away the best loyalty program. The fans of Marriott bewilder me the most, least return on loyalty, and every year worse, but somehow people are satisfied.
Fully agreed. Marriott benefits were poor before the SPG takeover. As was the mix of low end vs high end properties. They got some of the best parts of Starwood (LC, StR, some better W and LMs out there, etc) but the program declines were obvious to us all in 2019 once the Capuano anti-guest, pro-owner attitudes came clear.

The fact that the near universal consensus on $23k Ambassador spend is definitely not worth it, as well as Titanium only better than Platinum for the UA Silver status, tells you everything you need to know about the Bonvoy program.
EuropeanPete and FlyingFromNY like this.
UA-NYC is offline  
Old Mar 19, 23, 3:31 pm
  #305  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 9,601
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Don't get me wrong - I'm a solo traveler - suites are nice, but I don't have to have them. For example, I still enjoy my Hilton stays despite having not received a suite upgrade, and I'll continue to stay with them when it makes sense. My problem is that some claim to receive 90 to 100 percent suite upgrade success with Hyatt, which is so far off from my experience that I truly do think that there is some sort of negative note in my profile.
You are entitled to a suite if one is available at checkin. Some hotels will pre-upgrade you, but not that far in advance.

People who get upgraded to a suite 90 to 100% of the time are traveling to hotels that are not selling their suites -- that's it. Right now hotel occupancy is so high that I am not sure where they are going but at slower times this is not surprising. I often check to see what's available when I'm about to check in and I've never not gotten a suite when one was available. This used to be a regular occurrence... not so much now.

There are also some hotels that will upgrade globalists to premium suites when they are available, and some that won't. This really has nothing to do with the program -- it's just the hotel going above and beyond. It's definitely not something that you should expect.

Welcome gifts for globalists are no longer a program benefit (they used to be) but many hotels still do this. Again, it's just the hotel going above and beyond.

I'm at the HR Osaka right now -- it's my first time here (nice hotel; horrible location). No suite (there were never any suites available, even when I booked, never mind when I checked in) but they put me on the 27th floor (I'm unclear is this is the top floor with rooms, or if there are also rooms on the 28th floor where the lounge is) in a deluxe room. This is definitely an upgrade, even though it's not a suite. And I paid 35,500 pts for 5 nights (averaging 7100 pts/night), when the rate was about $210/night after taxes and fees. THAT's the value of the program for me.
bbbb, UA-NYC and FlyingFromNY like this.
VegasGambler is offline  
Old Mar 19, 23, 5:14 pm
  #306  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,918
Basically I'm treated extremely well at Hyatt so I stay at Hyatt.

I'm bewildered why people would stay at Hyatt if they are disappointed w the program especially when they're not disappointed elsewhere. I'm disappointed at Marriott so don't stay often.

if Hyatt works for you, stay at Hyatt. If Marriott works for you, stay at Marriott
I miss Marriotts footprint. But the last time I stayed at a LC the staff told me 70% of guests were elites. When everyone's an elite, no one is. Then what's the point of loyalty
​​​​​​
SHLTP is offline  
Old Mar 20, 23, 7:52 am
  #307  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9,437
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I don't necessarily disagree - for example, my next destination is Cairo where I will be staying at 8 Marriott properties and 2 Hilton properties. Hyatt only has 1 property in Cairo that is far away from either the airport or city center.

That being said, my current credit card situation has my WOH Chase Visa being the best Visa card that I possess, and as many international dining venues are reluctant or unable to take Amex and my Chase Visa is the best return for land transportation costs I have, I do put some spend on the card, earning me points. In addition, I'll have the yearly Cat 1-4 certificate. At this point, I see no reason to cancel the card, and all of my stays this year have been on points or certificates with my base points totaling 98 from a room service order at Andaz Capital Gate Abu Dhabi.
I hope we can see your wonderful TRs in some Hyatt suites in the near future.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Aventine is online now  
Old Mar 21, 23, 6:21 pm
  #308  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BKK
Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Honors Diamond; QR Platinum
Posts: 2,186
Andaz Pattaya Jomtien Beach

2 nights on cash+point

Booked a standard king room, got upgraded to a king deluxe room. (No suite available yet as this resort is just in pre-opening phase.)

This is my 1st stay this year at full service hyatt hotel that i did’t get suite upgrade.
3rdworldresident is online now  
Old Mar 21, 23, 6:34 pm
  #309  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,918
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Andaz Pattaya Jomtien Beach

2 nights on cash+point

Booked a standard king room, got upgraded to a king deluxe room. (No suite available yet as this resort is just in pre-opening phase.)

This is my 1st stay this year at full service hyatt hotel that i didt get suite upgrade.
Aside from lack of suite upgrade, was hotel worth it? Thinking of doing a trip there next month when suites are selling online... But that might be premature
kauppias likes this.
SHLTP is offline  
Old Mar 21, 23, 8:00 pm
  #310  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BKK
Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Honors Diamond; QR Platinum
Posts: 2,186
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Aside from lack of suite upgrade, was hotel worth it? Thinking of doing a trip there next month when suites are selling online... But that might be premature
i enjoyed my stay very much. It reminded me a lot of Andaz Bali. They need to work on some kinks though.
SHLTP likes this.
3rdworldresident is online now  
Old Mar 23, 23, 4:06 pm
  #311  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Posts: 530
Hyatt Regency Churchill
Booked a Kind Bed room (member prepaid rate) upgraded to a Regency Suite Balcony (7 nights)
Sophoclefr is offline  
Old Mar 27, 23, 12:35 am
  #312  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Posts: 530
PH Vendme
Booked a Park Deluxe King (corporate rate) upgraded to a Park Executive Suite (5th Suite upgrade in 5 stays this year)
Sophoclefr is offline  
Old Mar 27, 23, 12:25 pm
  #313  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,135
Tempe Mission Palms

Upgraded from base to king 1 bed suite again for a quick 1 nighter. 5 straight at this hotel and it looks sold out tonight.
symbols likes this.
sfgiants13 is offline  
Old Apr 1, 23, 4:24 am
  #314  
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Zulu Romeo Hotel
Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Posts: 4,397
PH Zurich

Used Cat1-7 Cert and upgraded to Park Suite, 1 night 31Mar
59Impala is offline  
Old Apr 2, 23, 10:25 am
  #315  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 96
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
4 nights
Booked: High Floor King (corporate cash rate)
Received: Bay View King
Specifically requested at check-in a view of SFO for plane watching. App/website said Bayview Suite was available for whole length of stay but front desk said it was sold out for part of my stay when I asked so that was weird.


Hyatt Centric Austin
1 night
Booked: Standard King Room (points)
Received: King Bed City View Deluxe
Up until the night before there were suites available but all disappeared the morning-of.
BananaFusion is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.