Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Rio Hotel & Casino Las Vegas REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Destination+other brands)

Rio Hotel & Casino Las Vegas REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Destination+other brands)

Old Jul 13, 2023, 8:34 am
  #76  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 17,345
Originally Posted by antonius66
https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...ealed-2870764/

Doesn't exactly sound like a close tie up with Hyatt is imminent.
Uh, what are all the ghost guests doing?

To bridge the gap between the link-up with MGM ending and Rio opening, maybe Hyatt could open an “EQN-ATM” in an obscure strip mall somewhere in Henderson that allows self-checkin into a virtual hotel. One night stays only, and an attached beverage “vending” machine will dispense water bottles to eligible elites. RealID required for checkin.
gobaers likes this.
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:38 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,325
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Uh, what are all the ghost guests doing?

To bridge the gap between the link-up with MGM ending and Rio opening, maybe Hyatt could open an “EQN-ATM” in an obscure strip mall somewhere in Henderson that allows self-checkin into a virtual hotel. One night stays only, and an attached beverage “vending” machine will dispense water bottles to eligible elites. RealID required for checkin.
Too funny. Some excellent ideas suggested.
notquiteaff likes this.
HHonors OUTSIDER is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2023, 11:37 am
  #78  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Posts: 1,433
Originally Posted by antonius66
https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...ealed-2870764/

Doesn't exactly sound like a close tie up with Hyatt is imminent.
Well at least it is mentioned in the story. But certainly won't be a Hyatt branded hotel.

"Eventually, he said, a new loyalty program would be rolled out and the property will have an affiliation with Hyatt Hotels, which will give the Rio the advantage of being able to market to that company’s loyalty card membership and strengthen convention business."
TravisMT81 is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2023, 1:54 pm
  #79  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 3,911
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Well at least it is mentioned in the story. But certainly won't be a Hyatt branded hotel.

"Eventually, he said, a new loyalty program would be rolled out and the property will have an affiliation with Hyatt Hotels, which will give the Rio the advantage of being able to market to that company’s loyalty card membership and strengthen convention business."
I think some rooms will be a Hyatt Regency, similar to a setup like ResortWorld w Genting and Hilton.
Troopers is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2023, 2:24 pm
  #80  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 400
Originally Posted by Troopers
I think some rooms will be a Hyatt Regency, similar to a setup like ResortWorld w Genting and Hilton.
I think they said multiple Hyatt brands which makes me curious what they'd choose.

My guess would be a Conrad equivalent brand, which would be Grand Hyatt. Maybe Thompson or Unbound.

Then something high end, like an Alila or Andaz. Can't see a casino Park Hyatt happening.

The Drew was also planned to be three brands, with JW Marriott one of them.
Troopers likes this.
drnilescrane is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2023, 7:23 pm
  #81  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Philadelphia
Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,942
Originally Posted by drnilescrane
I think they said multiple Hyatt brands which makes me curious what they'd choose.

My guess would be a Conrad equivalent brand, which would be Grand Hyatt. Maybe Thompson or Unbound.

Then something high end, like an Alila or Andaz. Can't see a casino Park Hyatt happening.
Well, there is a casino Four Seasons.
SP03 is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:23 pm
  #82  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 400
Originally Posted by SP03
Well, there is a casino Four Seasons.
True - and it's a surprisingly ok one if you want a non gaming property and can get it for $200 a night. Macau too.

I think we might actually get a casino Park Hyatt at Lake Tahoe too based on rumors. Hoping for a brand new full service Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt and Park Hyatt in 2023 just seemed naive. At least we're getting the Monkey's Paw version where it's at the Rio. Ugh.
TravisMT81 likes this.

Last edited by drnilescrane; Jul 13, 2023 at 9:30 pm
drnilescrane is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2023, 5:49 pm
  #83  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 400
Photos of the new rooms are available via VitalVegas on Twitter.
drnilescrane is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2023, 6:13 pm
  #84  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,548
Judging by the new room pics, I stand by my prediction that this place is and will remain a huge dump for the foreseeable future.


TravisMT81 and lsquare like this.
fly2nrt is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2023, 6:27 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Posts: 1,653
Yikes
lsquare likes this.
CLEguy is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2023, 6:47 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Gold Country, California
Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,206
Hey it doesn't look that bad (if the pictures are somewhat representative)--better than a room I had recently at Mandalay Bay and I'm sure better than Excalibur! It's been 30+ years since we stayed at Rio, or maybe it was Orleans, when the kids were little. Uncertain about the area/neighborhood. Will take a drive over there when I'm back finishing up my last three, previously-booked Vdara stays.
strickerj likes this.
Steph58 is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2023, 7:20 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,325
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Yikes
Yes I agree.
HHonors OUTSIDER is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2023, 8:23 pm
  #88  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,281
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
Judging by the new room pics, I stand by my prediction that this place is and will remain a huge dump for the foreseeable future.


https://twitter.com/VitalVegas/statu...05452939304960
Retro is in?
lsquare likes this.
Aventine is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2023, 8:43 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Posts: 1,433
So they didn't touch the bathrooms?
lsquare likes this.
TravisMT81 is offline  
Old Jul 19, 2023, 12:23 am
  #90  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kuwait (KW)
Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 2,806
I wouldn't go far enough to call it a dump... but that truly is an incredibly disappointing renovation; I always find it fascinating when hotels renovate and the brand-new product ends up looking like something from 15 years ago.

Sigh...

khabah
khabah is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.