Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Rio Hotel & Casino Las Vegas REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Destination+other brands)

Rio Hotel & Casino Las Vegas REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Destination+other brands)

Old Feb 7, 2022, 3:14 am
  #61  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast Kansas | Colorado Native
Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Posts: 21,762
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
The hotel will be managed by Aimbridge Hospitality.

https://www.aimbridgehospitality.com...rio-las-vegas/

Looking at their portfolio, this is not a good sign in my opinion...

https://www.hospitalityonline.com/ai...lity/locations
They have some decent properties on the list, so I wouldn’t be tooooo worried. Even if there weren’t many full-service properties on the list, anything can be better than the HP LAS north of the airport.
Single_Flyer and 59Impala like this.
FriendlySkies is offline  
Old Oct 31, 2022, 4:25 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Earth
Programs: whatever it takes
Posts: 689
anybody stay at Rio Las Vegas lately?

Any Caesar Diamond SUITE upgrades?

Inquiring about potential construction noise / issues now.
EqualOpp is offline  
Old Oct 31, 2022, 7:25 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Posts: 4,212
Originally Posted by EqualOpp
anybody stay at Rio Las Vegas lately?

Any Caesar Diamond SUITE upgrades?

Inquiring about potential construction noise / issues now.
This isn't the place to inquire about the Rio.
steveholt is offline  
Old Jul 11, 2023, 2:59 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 3,911
RIo will get busier in Q4 2023 when Dreamscape/Hyatt takes over.
Troopers is offline  
Old Jul 11, 2023, 4:13 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Posts: 1,433
There doesn't seem to be any mention of Hyatt in recent news updates.
ORDnHKG likes this.
TravisMT81 is offline  
Old Jul 11, 2023, 4:17 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,548
Originally Posted by Troopers
RIo will get busier in Q4 2023 when Dreamscape/Hyatt takes over.
It's a total dump now and it'll be a total dump in Q4 2023. It needs a multi-year renovation to be even remotely acceptable.
bbbb likes this.
fly2nrt is offline  
Old Jul 11, 2023, 4:23 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 3,911
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
It's a total dump now and it'll be a total dump in Q4 2023. It needs a multi-year renovation to be even remotely acceptable.
So is Excalibur. Besides, I'll bet 90% of Excalibur and Luxor reservations were ghost stays...the same will be true for Rio.
anchor79 likes this.
Troopers is offline  
Old Jul 11, 2023, 4:30 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,325
Originally Posted by Troopers
So is Excalibur. Besides, I'll bet 90% of Excalibur and Luxor reservations were ghost stays...the same will be true for Rio.
That could be true but I can assure you 100% that NO Flyertalk members participated in any ghost stays during the long fruitful Hyatt/MGM partnership.
HHonors OUTSIDER is offline  
Old Jul 11, 2023, 10:49 pm
  #69  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 3,911
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
That could be true but I can assure you 100% that NO Flyertalk members participated in any ghost stays during the long fruitful Hyatt/MGM partnership.
lol


Troopers is offline  
Old Jul 11, 2023, 11:30 pm
  #70  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 3,911
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
There doesn't seem to be any mention of Hyatt in recent news updates.
Over at VMB, the head of Dreamscape gaming (formerly the head at Cosmo gaming) recently stated that Hyatt points/redemptions are being worked on and will be released later.
Troopers is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2023, 11:30 am
  #71  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ORD, HKG
Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Posts: 10,326
Originally Posted by Troopers
So is Excalibur. Besides, I'll bet 90% of Excalibur and Luxor reservations were ghost stays...the same will be true for Rio.
The difference is Excalibur is still on the strip and Rio is not.

What's the percentage of occupancy at Excalibur and Luxor are ghost stays though ? You know these two properties are NEVER lack of very long lines once it hit the 3pm check-in time from families with children on a tight budget, and I had been to Luxor many times even at 11pm there is still a long line waiting to checkin, and it is not because there are only a few front desk people working but every counters are open, you rarely see that happen in Rio
ORDnHKG is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2023, 1:35 pm
  #72  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 3,911
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
The difference is Excalibur is still on the strip and Rio is not.

What's the percentage of occupancy at Excalibur and Luxor are ghost stays though ? You know these two properties are NEVER lack of very long lines once it hit the 3pm check-in time from families with children on a tight budget, and I had been to Luxor many times even at 11pm there is still a long line waiting to checkin, and it is not because there are only a few front desk people working but every counters are open, you rarely see that happen in Rio
You may have missed my point.

The Rio will be available for Hyatt nights post MGM relationship. Those needed Hyatt nights and doing MR/ghost stays could care less if Rio is a dump and off the strip. And I'm guessing 90% of FTers staying at Excalibur and Luxor are MR/ghost stays.
Troopers is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2023, 2:15 pm
  #73  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Posts: 1,333
Originally Posted by Troopers
You may have missed my point.

The Rio will be available for Hyatt nights post MGM relationship. Those needed Hyatt nights and doing MR/ghost stays could care less if Rio is a dump and off the strip. And I'm guessing 90% of FTers staying at Excalibur and Luxor are MR/ghost stays.
You may be right, but that 90% of FT'ers doing ghost stays probably represent a de minimis amount of the hotel overall booking levels. Maybe a bit more in Nov/Dec when people were topping off to get to Globalist or whatever, but even then, not a meaningful amount.

Will be interesting to see what the Rio partnership will end up being/looking like. At one point, at least a part of the hotel was going to be a full on Hyatt (Grand or Regency I think).

Regardless, unless they somehow turn the Rio into a 5star hotel after the remodel, I would never go to Vegas and stay off-strip, just defeats the experience (ridiculous as it may be) for me. For a ghost stay, no problem.
rajuabju is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2023, 3:14 pm
  #74  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 3,911
Originally Posted by rajuabju
Regardless, unless they somehow turn the Rio into a 5star hotel after the remodel, I would never go to Vegas and stay off-strip, just defeats the experience (ridiculous as it may be) for me. For a ghost stay, no problem.
Same, I'm not staying at Rio...said that when Rio/Hyatt was first announced. If I needed Hyatt nights, I would check-in there then Uber over to the strip.
Troopers is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2023, 9:42 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,637
https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...ealed-2870764/

Doesn't exactly sound like a close tie up with Hyatt is imminent.
antonius66 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.