Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Any word on World of Hyatt 2021 Category Changes?

Any word on World of Hyatt 2021 Category Changes?

Old Mar 11, 21, 6:13 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 1,411
Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Also posted by Joe C. on the main FT pages:

Eleven Hyatt Hotels Shifting Categories on March 25, 2021

David
Apparently Iíve never even seen the ďmain FT pagesĒ before.
coleslaw is offline  
Old Mar 11, 21, 6:23 pm
  #17  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: TOA
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Posts: 7,492
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
Apparently Iíve never even seen the ďmain FT pagesĒ before.
Learn something new every day!

David
DELee is offline  
Old Mar 12, 21, 8:07 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Rewards are no longer a priority

Since the airline and hotels have violated the trust of their best customers, I no longer make my decisions based on some reward structure. I can remember an old joke about an average year under communism - It is worse than last year and better than next. That is a good description of airline and hotel reward schemes. The companies are unethical in their marketing, and they will flim-flam you at first chance.
Prof_Dr_G is offline  
Old Mar 12, 21, 9:05 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California
Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 2,228
Originally Posted by Prof_Dr_G View Post
Since the airline and hotels have violated the trust of their best customers, I no longer make my decisions based on some reward structure. I can remember an old joke about an average year under communism - It is worse than last year and better than next. That is a good description of airline and hotel reward schemes. The companies are unethical in their marketing, and they will flim-flam you at first chance.
What unethical Hyatt practice are you referring to?
karung99, notquiteaff and cfabar1 like this.
JackE is offline  
Old Mar 13, 21, 11:26 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: RIC
Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Posts: 3,280
Originally Posted by Prof_Dr_G View Post
Since the airline and hotels have violated the trust of their best customers, I no longer make my decisions based on some reward structure. I can remember an old joke about an average year under communism - It is worse than last year and better than next. That is a good description of airline and hotel reward schemes. The companies are unethical in their marketing, and they will flim-flam you at first chance.
You do whatever you want. No one is forcing you to participate in airline and hotel loyalty programs.
If you want to hurl accusations of unethical behavior, please share specifically what is unethical.
notquiteaff likes this.
CIT85 is offline  
Old Mar 13, 21, 9:41 pm
  #21  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 23,372
Originally Posted by CIT85 View Post
You do whatever you want. No one is forcing you to participate in airline and hotel loyalty programs.
If you want to hurl accusations of unethical behavior, please share specifically what is unethical.

for 1 I thought Hyatt said no changes in Cats, then they said there will be apx 1/2 dz going up and now its 2x taht.

As for airlines, recently looking to use UA mile sto FL, they wanted 29,500 r/t Saver, fare r/t was $98. So much for no award charts and dynamic pricing. Seems at least wihj UA, that there is no max they will charge with the amount of miles needed as the fare goes up, but for the downside its Fixed and Covid or nor Winter is peak season for FL so they want more miles even thou they want < $100 for the tkt

I agree with the poster you quoted!
craz is offline  
Old Mar 14, 21, 3:34 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: RIC
Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Posts: 3,280
Originally Posted by craz View Post
for 1 I thought Hyatt said no changes in Cats, then they said there will be apx 1/2 dz going up and now its 2x taht.

As for airlines, recently looking to use UA mile sto FL, they wanted 29,500 r/t Saver, fare r/t was $98. So much for no award charts and dynamic pricing. Seems at least wihj UA, that there is no max they will charge with the amount of miles needed as the fare goes up, but for the downside its Fixed and Covid or nor Winter is peak season for FL so they want more miles even thou they want < $100 for the tkt

I agree with the poster you quoted!
None of the examples you cited are unethical behavior.
If UA wants to charge 50K miles for $50 ticket, you'd be dumber than dirt to use miles.
CIT85 is offline  
Old Mar 14, 21, 5:02 pm
  #23  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 23,372
Originally Posted by CIT85 View Post
None of the examples you cited are unethical behavior.
If UA wants to charge 50K miles for $50 ticket, you'd be dumber than dirt to use miles.
I disagree since in this case UA never said they would have a min amount needed but no max. Yet they said no more award charts as it will be dynamic pricing and left out that was onlky for the Upside and in fact they will impose a min on the downside = its not dynamic whatsoever. Now take JetBlue they hold each pt is worth x and as the fare increases or decreases the amount of pts needed will go or down = that same $98 fare that UA wants 29K for JetBlue has a 8400 pt value on it

True youd have to be nuts to use 29K instead of $98, I didnt do either but purchased a $98 fare on AA instead,(Jet Blues times didnt work for me on 1 trip)., other then that 1 trip my JB trips have all been <10K R/T.

So IMO its unethical on UAs part to have said that they doing away with award charts an dgoing to dynamic pricing when in fact they didnt mean that in the full sense whatsoever and only when a fare would increase
craz is offline  
Old Apr 2, 21, 8:06 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SFO
Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Posts: 764
If I remove a night from a reservation will it re-price

Hi, we are booked for the Mar Monte Santa Barbara from Thursday, October 21 to Monday, October 25 at 15,000 per night. Now it has been bumped up to a Category 5 hotel. If I remove one night (staying 4 nights instead of 5) will it reprice to 80,000 for the four night stay versus the 75,000 for the current 5 night stay?

I have searched Hyatt.com and the web and cannot any information at all. Thank you.
janehoya is offline  
Old Apr 2, 21, 8:30 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by janehoya View Post
Hi, we are booked for the Mar Monte Santa Barbara from Thursday, October 21 to Monday, October 25 at 15,000 per night. Now it has been bumped up to a Category 5 hotel. If I remove one night (staying 4 nights instead of 5) will it reprice to 80,000 for the four night stay versus the 75,000 for the current 5 night stay?

I have searched Hyatt.com and the web and cannot any information at all. Thank you.

A) I would first wait until August to make any changes as the Peak/Off Peak pricing will begin mid-July. October could be Off Peak which would lessen the impact of changes.

B) At this point it is no longer possible to remove a night otherwise it will be repriced.

There may also be a points rebate, rollover promo or double nights promo announced by then which would also lessen keeping the 5th night. You could leave after the 4th night and still get the credit for the 5th along with bonuses for any applicable promos.

I know itís not what you wanna hear, but it is what it is gotta make the best of it.
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Apr 3, 21, 3:02 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,186
Originally Posted by janehoya View Post
Hi, we are booked for the Mar Monte Santa Barbara from Thursday, October 21 to Monday, October 25 at 15,000 per night. Now it has been bumped up to a Category 5 hotel. If I remove one night (staying 4 nights instead of 5) will it reprice to 80,000 for the four night stay versus the 75,000 for the current 5 night stay?

I have searched Hyatt.com and the web and cannot any information at all. Thank you.
Yes, it will reprice.

This is why you should book award nights one-by-one when your plans aren't completely firm.
craigthemif is offline  
Old Apr 3, 21, 3:32 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Yes, it will reprice.

This is why you should book award nights one-by-one when your plans aren't completely firm.
Best case scenario at this point is that itís marked as Off Peak.

Even then itíd be 68k points vs. the 75k already paid. A difference of only 7k points. While thatís not nothing, with the looming possibility of Q3/Q4 promos it may be best to just let it be.

Tough to hear, I know, but gotta make the best of a bad situation.
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Apr 5, 21, 1:11 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SFO/EWR/DEL
Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,586
Would a change in stay dates for a stay booked at a hotel going up in category but before the category increase reprice upwards? I have a bad feeling it does but we have to change due to a medical emergency. Does the hotel have discretion in this case to just move the stay dates or does WoH have to get involved?
abcx is offline  
Old Apr 5, 21, 1:20 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by abcx View Post
Would a change in stay dates for a stay booked at a hotel going up in category but before the category increase reprice upwards? I have a bad feeling it does but we have to change due to a medical emergency. Does the hotel have discretion in this case to just move the stay dates or does WoH have to get involved?
All changes have already been made in categories for 2021. So any changes even if itís for the same length of stay would result in a reprice no matter the reason.

Thereís literally nothing the hotel or WoH could do to move the stay to different dates and keep the previous points pricing AFAIK.
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Apr 5, 21, 1:32 am
  #30  
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Switzerland
Programs: Hyatt LGLO
Posts: 2,434
Originally Posted by abcx View Post
Would a change in stay dates for a stay booked at a hotel going up in category but before the category increase reprice upwards? I have a bad feeling it does but we have to change due to a medical emergency. Does the hotel have discretion in this case to just move the stay dates or does WoH have to get involved?
unfortunately not.
Hyatt says any reservation affected by a lower category would get a refund. Any reservation going up would not be reflected. A change in dates however would be repriced.
59Impala is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: