FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any word on World of Hyatt 2021 Category Changes?
Old Mar 14, 2021, 5:02 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by CIT85
None of the examples you cited are unethical behavior.
If UA wants to charge 50K miles for $50 ticket, you'd be dumber than dirt to use miles.
I disagree since in this case UA never said they would have a min amount needed but no max. Yet they said no more award charts as it will be dynamic pricing and left out that was onlky for the Upside and in fact they will impose a min on the downside = its not dynamic whatsoever. Now take JetBlue they hold each pt is worth x and as the fare increases or decreases the amount of pts needed will go or down = that same $98 fare that UA wants 29K for JetBlue has a 8400 pt value on it

True youd have to be nuts to use 29K instead of $98, I didnt do either but purchased a $98 fare on AA instead,(Jet Blues times didnt work for me on 1 trip)., other then that 1 trip my JB trips have all been <10K R/T.

So IMO its unethical on UAs part to have said that they doing away with award charts an dgoing to dynamic pricing when in fact they didnt mean that in the full sense whatsoever and only when a fare would increase