Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Q2 Promo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2021, 4:50 am

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
So basically they want us to stay the the Places/Houses of the world? Hmm.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It's worth remembering that - if you got yourself exactly to 30 EQNs from the first promo, then ten nights from this promo will also get you the 40 night Milestone gift.
  • 10,000 bonus points
  • A free night certificate worth 15k points
  • 5,000 more points (or $100)
30k total bonus points --> $500+ in rebate.

Or of course you're racking up the even more attractive milestones at 50, 60, 70, etc. and it's only the first half of a miserably bad travel year.

By all means go chase Marriott's double points, but you're not getting any additional benefits beyond that...
UA-NYC and TravelingChef like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It's worth remembering that - if you got yourself exactly to 30 EQNs from the first promo, then ten nights from this promo will also get you the 40 night Milestone gift.
  • 10,000 bonus points
  • A free night certificate worth 15k points
  • 5,000 more points (or $100)
30k total bonus points --> $500+ in rebate.

Or of course you're racking up the even more attractive milestones at 50, 60, 70, etc. and it's only the first half of a miserably bad travel year.

By all means go chase Marriott's double points, but you're not getting any additional benefits beyond that...
There's definitely value in this promo for people who are staying at lower priced properties - generally Hyatt Place - or who are within 10 nights of a milestone bonus and are only planning on staying 10 nights until the promo ends.

There isn't a huge amount of value for people who have already hit their milestone rewards (since the milestones end at 100 nights), or who stay at more "expensive properties" (> ~$100 a night). It's definitely better than nothing, but it's also not encouraging further spend from more "loyal" customers who put a lot of nights / spend in Hyatt's direction.
GUWonder and mrgoodkat like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by JackE
That incentive was temporary and is slated to expire end of February, so it's not that it's taken away, but that it hasn't been reinstated.

That said, it would be nice to see specific bonuses for dining. We all know on-site dining is pricey, so why not encourage that long-term?
Isn't the triple points on dining valid through June? You have to pay separately, not charge it to your room, but it is workable if you're happy to eat onsite for the points.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Not sure if this was answered but when I tried to register, it said:

We're Sorry

You are already registered for this offer.

Are Globs automatically registered?
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic

We're Sorry

Not unless your concierge does it proactively - but they would usually also drop you an email to let you know.

Either way, if it says you're already registered you should be OK. Maybe take a screenshot and email it to yourself for your records just in case (but I doubt you'll have an issue).
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat

We're Sorry

Maybe we'll have to wait until the 3x points promo is over, if we are registered for that one.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
Maybe we'll have to wait until the 3x points promo is over, if we are registered for that one.
Shouldn't make a difference. I'm registered for all current (and future) promos without an issue. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP

We're Sorry

There was a pop-up message to register. I would have missed if I didn't pay attention. Possibly you had something like that before your tried to register manually and clicked without noticing it?
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Any promo is a good promo for me. The caveat of needing an even number of nights to get a bonus is a little annoying to keep track of at the end of the promo period (I'll probably just not worry about it - I was two nights short of a TSU award last year, and just let it go because I didn't want to bother finding a couple of nights in December for TSUs I may very well not be able to use).

The last promo was the only promo in promo history that actually made me do an extra trip for an extra stay. Any promos on top of that is just gravy for me, and really, this gravy is better than the gravy usually served. With room-rates still cheap, I feel there is plenty of benefit for traveling now if you can from a financial and benefit standpoint, (I am still not excited about travel until lounges open, restaurants and room service is back to being fully open with full menus, bars are open, porters are back to helping with bags, etc).

The base WoH program nearly always beats out its competitors (plus their promos) anyways in terms of benefits and redemption rates for me. Crazy that I've not traveled since Jan 4 but have 31 nights already for this year, and thus will be racking in 1,000 a night bonuses at the end of the year when I reach that 70, 80, 90, and or 100 night metrics. I fully expect to do 50 nights over the summer and Fall months.

-As far as the parking goes, I guess I never really noticed that benefit over the last couple of quarters. I so rarely rent a car when I fly anywhere (if I do, it is only for a day or two), and most hotels in my parts don't charge for parking, or if they do, the parking rates are fairly low.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Even with this promo and the ones before it during this pandemic, it still seems to me that the Hyatt program is less rewarding with redeemable points/awards for most of my stays than it used to be when there were those property-level G bonuses that gave 500-2000 (or was it even 2500?) points per night?

Yes, it seems to me that Hyatt's very good toward Globalists usually -- and better on average than what I'd expect with Marriott and Hilton as their equivalent of Globalist -- for at-stay benefits. But the "rebate" part of the program is still relatively weak -- and weaker than it used to be back when occupancy was way higher in the early 2000s than today -- and Explorist and Discoverist seem to be more or less a joke for benefits.

Even with this promo and its predecessors during the pandemic, Hyatt's loyalty program is way more miserly now than it was in the early 2000s when travel demand was stronger than it is today. Not sure if/when Hyatt will decide to become more aggressive (and generous) with the promotions, but to my eyes Hyatt seems to be still trying to stick with its more miserly long-term approach and it shows in this promo.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Even with this promo and the ones before it during this pandemic, it still seems to me that the Hyatt program is less rewarding with redeemable points/awards for most of my stays than it used to be when there were those property-level G bonuses that gave 500-2000 (or was it even 2500?) points per night?

Yes, it seems to me that Hyatt's very good toward Globalists usually -- and better on average than what I'd expect with Marriott and Hilton as their equivalent of Globalist -- for at-stay benefits. But the "rebate" part of the program is still relatively weak -- and weaker than it used to be back when occupancy was way higher in the early 2000s than today -- and Explorist and Discoverist seem to be more or less a joke for benefits.

Even with this promo and its predecessors during the pandemic, Hyatt's loyalty program is way more miserly now than it was in the early 2000s when travel demand was stronger than it is today. Not sure if/when Hyatt will decide to become more aggressive (and generous) with the promotions, but to my eyes Hyatt seems to be still trying to stick with its more miserly long-term approach and it shows in this promo.
Utterly ridiculous statement. I've been receiving upwards of a 40%+ rebate during the Pandemic on already VERY LOW rates. Not sure how it can get any better than that.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Utterly ridiculous statement. I've been receiving upwards of a 40%+ rebate during the Pandemic on already VERY LOW rates. Not sure how it can get any better than that.
I definitely agree, Hyatt’s promos from June until 2/28 were actually overly generous if anything.
TravelingChef likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Promo Jan-Feb was insanely generous. The best since Faster Free Nights over 10 years ago. Spectacular.

They have been giving away the store IMO. No way they could keep that up forever.

Really, if you negotiated a reduced rate on a mattress run (I got $40), you could get to 2-year Globalist for very little money. The best hotel status attainable by regular people, one that blows Hilton and Marriott completely away, for a few hundred bucks net. Chase offers. Amex offers up to 20% off. 3x points worth 20+% off...

Now cat 1 nights which still count for status plus 10% of a cat 4 night for a few thousand points? Still a bargain.

Plus Hyatt does not screw you at every turn like Marriott and Hilton in innumerable ways.

I think Hyatt has been quite generous.
TravelerMSY likes this.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Feb 24, 2021 at 1:01 pm
Old Feb 24, 2021, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I think Hyatt has been quite generous.
Agreed.

But I also think the current promo isn't going to incentivise people to spend more at more expensive properties, like the last iteration of Bonus Journeys did.

Also - has the marketing department really been slashed so much that they can't even come up with a new name to differentiate this (significantly different) promotion vs. the Q3/Q4 promo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.