Search

2021 Q2 Promo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:01 am
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
2021 Q2 Promo

There's some discussion going on in Q4-Q1 thread, but this deserves its own thread.
  • 2000 bonus points for every 2 nights (do not need to be consecutive). 2500 points if a WoH credit card holder
  • 1 Cat 1-4 Free Night Award after the first 10 nights
This promo runs from 1 March to 15 June, and according to the FAQs, it is not based on the date of check out:

10. I have a stay on February 28, 2021 with a checkout on March 1, 2021. Will the night count toward the promotion?

No, only Eligible Nights completed during the Promotion Period will count toward the promotion.

11. I have registered for the promotion and have a stay on June 15, 2021 with a checkout on June 16, 2021. Will the night count toward the promotion?

Yes, Eligible Nights during the Promotion Period will count toward the promotion.

Last edited by skj; Feb 23, 2021 at 9:12 am Reason: correction
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:08 am
skj
Original Poster

Registration link here: World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:10 am

Only 1 free night can be earned. Not every 10 nights.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:13 am
skj
Original Poster

Originally Posted by antonius66
Only 1 free night can be earned. Not every 10 nights.
Thanks for catching that ! I updated the first post.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:21 am

Eligible methods of payment include cash, Points + Cash, check, or major credit cards or debit/bank cards. Eligible methods of payment exclude, without limitation, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques or property-specific gift card/certificates.
Question on this--does this mean we cannot use the $100 Hyatt Gift Card from the 40 night tier award to pay for part of a booking? Would that invalidate earning the bonus under this promo?

Side note--does anyone know how to use those gift cards? Can they be used at restaurants or only for room charge?
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:29 am

Interesting. I call this a "bottom feeder" promo because it really targets/incentivizes low room rate seekers. Before I had an incentive to book higher rates and more expensive properties - not anymore. Really wish they'd extended free parking for Globs...
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:30 am
skj
Original Poster

Originally Posted by XUEC
Question on this--does this mean we cannot use the $100 Hyatt Gift Card from the 40 night tier award to pay for part of a booking? Would that invalidate earning the bonus under this promo?

Side note--does anyone know how to use those gift cards? Can they be used at restaurants or only for room charge?
These same terms regarding gift cards were in the preceding Bonus Journeys promo. There were a couple of reports that the bonus points posted as expected even though gift cards were used as payment.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Interesting. I call this a "bottom feeder" promo because it really targets/incentivizes low room rate seekers. Before I had an incentive to book higher rates and more expensive properties - not anymore. Really wish they'd extended free parking for Globs...
Perhaps not coincidentally, I had the same thought about the current Hilton promo (2000 per stay, plus 5000 every 5 nights). They both feel like good "road trip" promos (short stays at Hampton or HP/HH in smaller cities)...but neither feels like an incentive on its own for more expensive stays. That said, I certainly prefer this promo to no promo at all!
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
It's a bit sad to see this. Globalist/Diamond members used to receive 1,000 points per stay as a welcome amenity. Wish they could add a little bit more points to Globalist members... Plus it's definitely weaker than Marriott's Q2 promo, imo.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
For rooms under $100 a night, this is still a pretty great deal. I wonder if Vegas nights will count (ignoring the typical Vegas caveats of course)... probably should read the terms.
For $300+ rooms, meh.
Still, excited and plan to earn that free night!
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
It's a bit sad to see this. Globalist/Diamond members used to receive 1,000 points per stay as a welcome amenity. Wish they could add a little bit more points to Globalist members... Plus it's definitely weaker than Marriott's Q2 promo, imo.
Yeah overall I'm underwhelmed and disappointed. This won't stimulate extra spending from me in the way the pervious one did. They should have a least tiered by brand to help out the higher priced full service properties.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Yeah overall I'm underwhelmed and disappointed. This won't stimulate extra spending from me in the way the pervious one did. They should have a least tiered by brand to help out the higher priced full service properties.
Totally agree. Based purely on points earnings per dollar spent, it's an incentive to stay at Hyatt Place / Hyatt House and away from more expensive resorts. During the Q3/Q4 Promo I had a strong incentive to stay at resort properties (and often to chose resort dining options for F&B spend knowing I'd be earning points) which to a large extent goes away now (unless the rate is ~$100).
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Totally agree. Based purely on points earnings per dollar spent, it's an incentive to stay at Hyatt Place / Hyatt House and away from more expensive resorts. During the Q3/Q4 Promo I had a strong incentive to stay at resort properties (and often to chose resort dining options for F&B spend knowing I'd be earning points) which to a large extent goes away now (unless the rate is ~$100).
Bingo. We did the same thing. Spent a lot more on F&B at full service properties. No reason to do that now.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by coleslaw
As a new Globalist, I want to get the status benefits, which means staying away from HPs and HHs. But the new promotion is most rewarding for cheap properties so...
Time for a visit to the Hyatt Regencies in Albuquerque, Wichita, and Tusla, plus 3 in the Chicago suburbs! All 5,000 points per night.
Yeah, that's hard to get excited about.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:45 am

I signed up and already have a 5 night stay starting 2/28 and departing 3/5. The FAQ #10 was a little fuzzy on how this will pan out. Will I get credit for 5 nights? 4 nights? Since I started on 28Feb do I get credit for nothing? Can't rebook online since the rates are now double.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.