Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Web site and Globalist Concierge says I can't book more than 10 nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2020, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum

So I am trying to book 15 nights from 12/18 to 1/2/2021 as we have extended family in town and need the extra room. Can't do it online because it kept coming up as an error and when I called my Globalist Concierge she insisted that I had to book them separately. The 10 nights from 12/18 to 12/28 would then count for 2020 and add another 10 nights for 2021. The 5 nights from 12/28 to 1/2/2021 would count double for 2021 so would be another 10 nights. 20 nights total then for 2021. According to everything I have read, I should be able to do it from 12/18 to 1/2/2021 straight. So all 15 nights would count double for 2021 which gives me 30 nights for 2021. Obviously better than 10 + 10 = 20. She said I didn't understand the way the promotion worked. And kind of lectured me on it. Am I wrong?
Old Oct 31, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joey965
So I am trying to book 15 nights from 12/18 to 1/2/2021 as we have extended family in town and need the extra room. Can't do it online because it kept coming up as an error and when I called my Globalist Concierge she insisted that I had to book them separately. The 10 nights from 12/18 to 12/28 would then count for 2020 and add another 10 nights for 2021. The 5 nights from 12/28 to 1/2/2021 would count double for 2021 so would be another 10 nights. 20 nights total then for 2021. According to everything I have read, I should be able to do it from 12/18 to 1/2/2021 straight. So all 15 nights would count double for 2021 which gives me 30 nights for 2021. Obviously better than 10 + 10 = 20. She said I didn't understand the way the promotion worked. And kind of lectured me on it. Am I wrong?

1) You didn’t list the property so we can’t look.

2) It’s literally in the promotion’s terms (and Hyatt’s T&C) that if you have 2 stays at the same property checking out and checking back in within a 24 hour period that counts as 1 stay.

Meaning checking in 12/18-12/28, checking out 12/28, and checking in 12/28-1/2 is the exact same as 12/18-1/2/21.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200

Meaning checking in 12/18-12/28, checking out 12/28, and checking in 12/28-1/2 is the exact same as 12/18-1/2/21.
Yes you're right. However... it wouldn't be the first time where the first of two separate, yet consecutive, reservations posts to your account before your final check out date.

Which means that:

a) the basic nights might indeed credit to 2020
b) unless Hyatt IT automatically reverses those nights and adds them to 2021 after final check out, you then need to convince a customer service agent that nights stayed in 2020 should actually apply to 2021. There might be a fair amount of HUACA required.
59Impala likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes you're right. However... it wouldn't be the first time where the first of two separate, yet consecutive, reservations posts to your account before your final check out date.

Which means that:

a) the basic nights might indeed credit to 2020
b) unless Hyatt IT automatically reverses those nights and adds them to 2021 after final check out, you then need to convince a customer service agent that nights stayed in 2020 should actually apply to 2021. There might be a fair amount of HUACA required.
The front desk staff can always combine them into one folio at check in though as well.

I’m not saying if it posts separately it would easy to reverse, but I am saying IF in that rare occasion it did do that both the FAQ of the promo AND Hyatt’s T&C support it being posted as 1 and all credits going towards 2021.

Am I wrong?
Old Oct 31, 2020, 7:04 pm

Bad concierge providing wrong info

Last edited by AndyKehn; Nov 2, 2020 at 1:57 pm
Old Oct 31, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
The front desk staff can always combine them into one folio at check in though as well.
It's not a good bet . Much depends on the property. I'm doing a 63 night stay ending January 3. The hotel cannot book a rez for more than 31 days. I've got three B2B rez, booked three different dates during July. Then the promo arrives and now I care about proper credit being given. We'll figure it out, but am not willing to risk the three reservations robbing me of proper credit. Getting anything reversed could be painful and perhaps impossible.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
It's not a good bet . Much depends on the property. I'm doing a 63 night stay ending January 3. The hotel cannot book a rez for more than 31 days. I've got three B2B rez, booked three different dates during July. Then the promo arrives and now I care about proper credit being given. We'll figure it out, but am not willing to risk the three reservations robbing me of proper credit. Getting anything reversed could be painful and perhaps impossible.

If the T&C support you nothing is impossible
Old Oct 31, 2020, 8:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Can't you just book via phone as 1 reservation? I'm kind of recalling at Starwood I couldn't book more than 10 nights in a row online (I could be recalling incorrectly as it's been years). If I recall right, there was some sort of a limitation so I always had to hook via online chat for plats or through ambassador/ call in

Maybe Hyatt has same issie
Old Oct 31, 2020, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Can't you just book via phone as 1 reservation? I'm kind of recalling at Starwood I couldn't book more than 10 nights in a row online (I could be recalling incorrectly as it's been years). If I recall right, there was some sort of a limitation so I always had to hook via online chat for plats or through ambassador/ call in

Maybe Hyatt has same issie
You should be able to do just that.

I had a 30 night res on points that errored out online. Phone agent made the reservation but said there was a 7 day limit for points reservations at this particular location so she made multiple reservations placed under one overarching conf #.

OP's problem sounds like a HUACA situation if that exists with concierges.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If the T&C support you nothing is impossible
I'm not aware of anything in the T&Cs specifying that all nights from a single stay overlapping NYE apply to the following year, but feel free to point it out if it is in there.

I have seen a lot of FT data points confirming how Hyatt's IT actually works and people taking the view that Hyatt probably haven't revamped their IT for this promo.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I'm not aware of anything in the T&Cs specifying that all nights from a single stay overlapping NYE apply to the following year, but feel free to point it out if it is in there.

I have seen a lot of FT data points confirming how Hyatt's IT actually works and people taking the view that Hyatt probably haven't revamped their IT for this promo.

It’s definitely not Hyatt’s IT it’s a well known Hyatt policy.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
By policy Hyatt goes to the following year, ie check-in Dec 22, 2020 checkout Jan 9, 2021 the nights go to 2021. So this year if you register for promo and check out by Jan 4 you'll get double nights for 2021.

I'm thinking of booking an extended Dec checking out Jan 4 stay just for the 2021 Globalist re-qualification if it doesn't seem Hyatt will ease status requirements. I might just book a category 1 near my house for this as rates so low its worth it

Starwood was different on Jan 1 crossovers. I don't know what Marriott is like.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I did call in to book over the phone when the web site gave me an error message. Called my Globalist Concierge. She is the one who insisted that she could only do it by booking two separate reservations and that the first 10 nights would then count for 2020. I am going to take the advice of a couple of you and call the hotel myself in the morning. Perhaps they can book the 15 nights on one reservation.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by joey965
Thanks for the replies. I did call in to book over the phone when the web site gave me an error message. Called my Globalist Concierge. She is the one who insisted that she could only do it by booking two separate reservations and that the first 10 nights would then count for 2020. I am going to take the advice of a couple of you and call the hotel myself in the morning. Perhaps they can book the 15 nights on one reservation.
My concierge had no issues booking 24 nights ending Jan 2nd. For points
Old Nov 1, 2020, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

UGH! So glad for you, but frustrated that mine was so adamant that it was impossible. And told me that I didn't understand the rules of the promotion. Perhaps I will just call the regular reservation number and see what they say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.