Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

FHR - World of Hyatt (Globalist) Benefits & Earnings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WasKnown
Ask Hyatt customer support to look up the "Fine Hotels and Resorts Rate Plan SOP" which will confirm that FHR stays are elite qualifying
Print Wikipost

FHR - World of Hyatt (Globalist) Benefits & Earnings

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Was the credit pretty automatic after getting your Hyatt number into the reservation? Or did you have to invest post-stay time over the phone or online with Hyatt and/or MGM/mLife/Delano to get the stay credit?
I believe it was automatic and got the stay credit pretty fast. The only time I usually have to ask Hyatt/MGM is comp nights + paid stays. It usually take more than 30 days to add to my account.

My partner still has $200 FHR credit so we might try to use it at one of the Mlife hotels this year....
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
We need to use the $200 credit toward a prepaid FHR booking on my wife's Platinum card before the end of the year. She's a Discoverist, but I'm a Globalist. Will it work to enter my WoH number in the FHR form even though we'll have to book in her name? I'm particularly wanting the waived resort fee for Globalists.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
So I called in because a stay at the Chicago Athletic Association (1 night FHR, 1 night paid). I even mentioned the SOP referenced above and was told it was 3rd party and would not count for an elite night. Did I just get an agent who didn't know?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:15 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NDtraveler
So I called in because a stay at the Chicago Athletic Association (1 night FHR, 1 night paid). I even mentioned the SOP referenced above and was told it was 3rd party and would not count for an elite night. Did I just get an agent who didn't know?
Yes. Unless something changed, you should HUCA.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
I called back and the agent was much nicer this time. She gave me the credit as a courtesy 1 time event. Would be great to get some clarity around this for the future
Old Nov 10, 2021, 4:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by JJ804
We need to use the $200 credit toward a prepaid FHR booking on my wife's Platinum card before the end of the year. She's a Discoverist, but I'm a Globalist. Will it work to enter my WoH number in the FHR form even though we'll have to book in her name? I'm particularly wanting the waived resort fee for Globalists.
I put my Hyatt number on my AMEX booking. It did not show up on my Hyatt account. I had to call AMEX and have the agent find the Hyatt reservation number. She then called the property and gave it to them along with my Hyatt number. I was then able to see my booking on my Hyatt app. I am a globalist and was not charged the resort fee. We will have the same situation as you in December when we have a booking made with my husband's plat AMEX. I hope but do not know that showing my Hyatt number on arrival will lead to the resort fee being waived.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Will these stays qualify for waived Globalist Resort Fees and breakfast benefits?
Old Nov 11, 2021, 6:21 pm

Was this a MGM reservation? Hyatt Globalist status doesn't apply to MGM reservations. I'm curious how you got waived resort fee.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 5:35 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
No I am asking about a non MGM property. An unbound collection.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfabar1
No I am asking about a non MGM property. An unbound collection.
At an unbound collection, they should be. FHR stays should earn full EQNS+points and yield standard globalist benefits. Talk to your concierge about it.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:43 am

SanDiego1K I'm in the same predicament as you! Wanting to use 2 x $200 Amex credits for prepaid FHR or HC bookings but realize YMMV with the Globalist recognition, etc.

I'm curious if there's any datapoint around the pre-paid HC bookings and receiving Globalist benefits? I'm mostly interested in waived resort fees, using up expiring TSU's, and lounge access (in the case of GH Playa Del Carmen).

I'd hate to waste 2 x $200 credits but I guess alternatively I can book a few nights at other hotels in Mexico while we're down there OR book something pre-paid for next year since the TOC state that you just have to make a booking by 12/31 to receive the credit but not actually stay.

Anyone else in a similar situation or have data on the HC properties vs. FHR?

Thank you!
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:33 am

Hotel collection is not eligible rate only fhr.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:06 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
Originally Posted by antonius66
Hotel collection is not eligible rate only fhr.
I just completed an AMEX THC stay and was credited EQN and points for the duration of the stay. Prior to the stay I called Amex to put in my Hyatt membership number. I then called Hyatt to verify the stay would show up in my Hyatt account
getagb likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:21 pm

Great data point. Good to know. Always supposedly been the opposite.
martial likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by martial
I just completed an AMEX THC stay and was credited EQN and points for the duration of the stay. Prior to the stay I called Amex to put in my Hyatt membership number. I then called Hyatt to verify the stay would show up in my Hyatt account
Originally Posted by antonius66
Great data point. Good to know. Always supposedly been the opposite.
FHR is WoH eligible as a matter of policy. HC seems to be more hit or miss but there is no formal policy stating that it is eligible. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.