FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   FHR - World of Hyatt (Globalist) Benefits & Earnings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2025057-fhr-world-hyatt-globalist-benefits-earnings.html)

BlooJoo Sep 14, 2020 6:03 am

FHR - World of Hyatt (Globalist) Benefits & Earnings

Hi, I'm sure this has been discussed, but search didn't reveal useful results to me. Question:

Is this:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-f...lite-benefits/
still true?

Will I get my Globalist benefits and earn if booking a Park Hyatt through the Fine Hotels & Resorts program from Amex?

Thanks!

bcosinteno Sep 14, 2020 7:21 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo (Post 32674114)
Hi, I'm sure this has been discussed, but search didn't reveal useful results to me. Question:

Is this:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-f...lite-benefits/
still true?

Will I get my Globalist benefits and earn if booking a Park Hyatt through the Fine Hotels & Resorts program from Amex?

Thanks!

Correct, you will.

BlooJoo Sep 14, 2020 7:26 am

Originally Posted by bcosinteno (Post 32674243)
Correct, you will.

Thank you. So is there any advantage to booking directly with Hyatt, or none?

liondragonx5y Sep 14, 2020 7:48 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo (Post 32674259)
Thank you. So is there any advantage to booking directly with Hyatt, or none?

Well if you book the Hyatt Prive rate you get generally the same benefits, plus whatever offers Hyatt has currently. For example, most of the top Hyatt’s have a 2+1 deal right now. You also will get the bonus points, which you may or may not get booking FHR. I’ve read mixed reports on getting the Hyatt points on FHR stays — I think it depends on the property.

Kacee Sep 14, 2020 7:55 am

I've read that prepaid FHR (which book through Expedia) are hit or miss with elite accrual and benefits. If you want to be sure of getting Hyatt benefits, book Prive or "pay at property" FHR rate. If you have the Hyatt cc, you're better off with Prive.

BlooJoo Sep 14, 2020 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 32674324)
I've read that prepaid FHR (which book through Expedia) are hit or miss with elite accrual and benefits. If you want to be sure of getting Hyatt benefits, book Prive or "pay at property" FHR rate. If you have the Hyatt cc, you're better off with Prive.

This conflicts with everything I’ve heard. Can you share a link?

liondragonx5y Sep 14, 2020 8:14 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo (Post 32674362)

Hyatt’s official terms on their site are that benefits and rewards are only for eligible rates, which have to be booked through Hyatt. Some Hyatt’s have been nice and give the benefits for FHR, but it isn’t guaranteed. Just look up the terms of service on Hyatt’s website.

If you really want to book FHR, call the hotel and ask their general manager if you will get the rewards and benefits at their property. That’s the only way to know for sure because their terms do not protect you in this circumstance.

BlooJoo Sep 14, 2020 8:18 am

Originally Posted by liondragonx5y (Post 32674370)
Hyatt’s official terms on their site are that benefits and rewards are only for eligible rates, which have to be booked through Hyatt. Some Hyatt’s have been nice and give the benefits for FHR, but it isn’t guaranteed. Just look up the terms of service on Hyatt’s website.

If you really want to book FHR, call the hotel and ask their general manager if you will get the rewards and benefits at their property. That’s the only way to know for sure because their terms do not protect you in this circumstance.

Gotcha. Hotel is closed until Oct. 30. Have you heard of FHR bookings ever not getting elite benefits?

liondragonx5y Sep 14, 2020 8:22 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo (Post 32674377)
Gotcha. Hotel is closed until Oct. 30. Have you heard of FHR bookings ever not getting elite benefits?

Not sure what exactly you are asking... because FHR gives you all the globalist benefits anyways. The only material difference is the potential upgrade to a suite (FHR is vague on what the potential upgrade could be), and I’ve seen properties deny that benefit on direct bookings also. Generally though, the property tries to give the best room possible to globalists, regardless of how they book. Hyatt takes good care of their loyal customers.

BlooJoo Sep 14, 2020 8:24 am

Originally Posted by liondragonx5y (Post 32674385)
Not sure what exactly you are asking... because FHR gives you all the globalist benefits anyways. The only material difference is the potential upgrade to a suite (FHR is vague on what the potential upgrade could be), and I’ve seen properties deny that benefit on direct bookings also. Generally though, the property tries to give the best room possible to globalists, regardless of how they book. Hyatt takes good care of their loyal customers.

Thank you.

Kacee Sep 14, 2020 8:57 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo (Post 32674362)

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/ultim...s-and-resorts/

The 5x prepaid books through Expedia. If I needed the stay credit, I wouldn't risk it.

Not sure what exactly you are asking... because FHR gives you all the globalist benefits anyways.

The issue is stay credit and points accrual.

bcosinteno Sep 14, 2020 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 32674324)

Amex FHR does not book through Expedia. The Chase Luxury Travel Collection is the one that books through Expedia and that is very hit or miss.

But yes, Privé offers a better value anyway since your room upgrade is confirmed at the time of booking and you get a welcome amenity, two benefits that don’t come with FHR.

Kacee Sep 14, 2020 9:00 am

Originally Posted by bcosinteno (Post 32674472)
Amex FHR does not book through Expedia. The Chase Luxury Travel Collection is the one that books through Expedia and that is very hit or miss.

That is flat out wrong. Amex prepaid 5x FHR book through Expedia. This has been widely discussed, particularly in the Amex and Marriott fora. I recently booked a prepaid FHR at a Hyatt property and my reservation specifically referenced the EXPEDIA PROMO rate on the App. I cancelled and booked a "pay at property" rate, which does indeed book via PTS, rather than Amex Travel (i.e., Expedia).

jameswes Sep 14, 2020 9:17 am

No, FHR doesn't include all globalist benefits.
- Currently, globalist gives free parking on all stays (including paid)
- Stays October-December give elite night credit for both 2020 and 2021
- Current Hyatt promo gives 3x base points
- FHR gives breakfast (always) whereas Globalist gives lounge access (where available, otherwise breakfast). If you're at a hotel with a lounge, then Globalist will get you complimentary lounge access and FHR/Prive will get you breakfast.
- Waived resort fees
- Room upgrade up to standard suite (FHR I think is typically a one category upgrade?)

Anyway, all that being said, it would be a complete dealbreaker for me if a FHR rate didn't qualify as "eligible". And Prive by definition always is eligible since it is through Hyatt.

BlooJoo Sep 14, 2020 9:20 am

Originally Posted by jameswes (Post 32674534)
No, FHR doesn't include all globalist benefits.
- Currently, globalist gives free parking on all stays (including paid)
- Stays October-December give elite night credit for both 2020 and 2021
- Current Hyatt promo gives 3x base points
- FHR gives breakfast (always) whereas Globalist gives lounge access (where available, otherwise breakfast). If you're at a hotel with a lounge, then Globalist will get you complimentary lounge access and FHR/Prive will get you breakfast.
- Waived resort fees
- Room upgrade up to standard suite (FHR I think is typically a one category upgrade?)

Anyway, all that being said, it would be a complete dealbreaker for me if a FHR rate didn't qualify as "eligible". And Prive by definition always is eligible since it is through Hyatt.

So Hyatt doesn’t waive resort fees for Globalist on an FHR rate? Because that savings is worth much more than the $100 Amex credit.