Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

FHR - World of Hyatt (Globalist) Benefits & Earnings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WasKnown
Ask Hyatt customer support to look up the "Fine Hotels and Resorts Rate Plan SOP" which will confirm that FHR stays are elite qualifying
Print Wikipost

FHR - World of Hyatt (Globalist) Benefits & Earnings

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by zip10001
Called the Globalist line and the rep said Suite Awards are not applicable to 3rd party booking.
Is it possible to use a Suite Upgrade Award to a pre-paid reservation on Amex FHR? It is for a stay @ PH Vienna if it matters.
Thanks
agent was incorrect if she said all third party bookings. Just OTAs, which theoretically FHR is not.
zip10001 and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:48 pm

I recently saw a facebook user posting an email from hyatt confirming that Delano Las Vegas stay booked using AmEx FHR does not earn points / elite qualifying night.... is this true? Can someone verify their recent experience?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I recently saw a facebook user posting an email from hyatt confirming that Delano Las Vegas stay booked using AmEx FHR does not earn points / elite qualifying night.... is this true? Can someone verify their recent experience?
As per program FAQ:

An M life Rewards-Eligible Night is:

1. Any night where payment is made directly to a participating M life Rewards destination; OR
2. Bookings made through hyatt.com (including World of Hyatt free night award stays); OR
3. Bookings made through a Hyatt Global Contact Center.

Reservations made through third party on-line sites and services (such as Expedia, Priceline or hotels.com), M life Rewards complimentary room stays, master account group bookings, traditional wholesale rates, media rates, Hyatt employee discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms are not M life Rewards-Eligible Nights. In addition, for any stay at an M life Rewards destination of fifteen (15) or more nights, no night of the stay will qualify as an M life Rewards-Eligible Night, even if such night otherwise meets the requirements described above.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Aeroplan 35k; Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
As I noted upthread, I did get a Delano/FHR stay (non pre-paid) credited as an eligible night in May. But only after my Hyatt concierge intervened. Without her, I was unable to get it credited via normal channels. Not sure if I got the credit as a courtesy or what. But I would operate under the assumption it doesn't.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:51 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
The anecdote is probably true. Others people in this thread, on Reddit, and in the Hotels Around the World Telegram chat have similar data points. It's definitely YMMV and might not post as a matter of policy.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:15 pm

So, I guess, if you pre-pay your FHR booking for Delano, it doesn't count for eligible night? (Point #1 says you have to make payment directly at the hotel).

I was hoping to use the $200 benefit from my Plaitnum card... is it possible to get the $200 benefit and eligible night?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
So, I guess, if you pre-pay your FHR booking for Delano, it doesn't count for eligible night? (Point #1 says you have to make payment directly at the hotel).

I was hoping to use the $200 benefit from my Plaitnum card... is it possible to get the $200 benefit and eligible night?
Well you'll get the $200 credit, you're just not supposed to get the eligible night if FHR is considered a third party.

There are several reports on FT about comp stays getting Hyatt night credit as well - despite the same FAQ above clearly stating they shouldn't - so it appears sometimes these stays just slip through and it's just heavily YMMV.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Aeroplan 35k; Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I think the grey area here has more to do with the MGM factor than FHR factor. And data points exist confirming and contradicting the stated terms.

All of my non-MGM FHR Hyatt stays historically post fine with no issues. I never do the prepaid FHR, but have seen quite a few online data points saying prepaid FHR Hyatt stays posted properly for folks as well.

The MGM factor is where inconsistencies come in.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingChef
I think the grey area here has more to do with the MGM factor than FHR factor.
It's certainly the MGM factor, as discussed above.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Had a stay at the Grand Hyatt Kauai via FHR in April for 3 nights, but only see 2 qualifying nights for that stay on my account. Any idea why this would happen? Worth calling Hyatt to get that increased to 3?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bomberman92
Had a stay at the Grand Hyatt Kauai via FHR in April for 3 nights, but only see 2 qualifying nights for that stay on my account. Any idea why this would happen? Worth calling Hyatt to get that increased to 3?
If you booked a rate where two paid nights come with the third night being free, then only getting elite status night credit for the 2 paid nights is not uncommon as Hyatt and/or the hotel may consider the third night to not be an eligible night for stay credit.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by WasKnown
The anecdote is probably true. Others people in this thread, on Reddit, and in the Hotels Around the World Telegram chat have similar data points. It's definitely YMMV and might not post as a matter of policy.
I stayed in Bellagio under FHR and was denied stay credit. Is it fair to say that Bellagio are correct in denying this and I would be wasting my time challenging it?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:40 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Enigma368
I stayed in Bellagio under FHR and was denied stay credit. Is it fair to say that Bellagio are correct in denying this and I would be wasting my time challenging it?
As a matter of policy, they are correct. However, there are datapoints of people still getting stay credit on FHR MGM stays. If you have the time/energy to spare, it can't hurt to try. I can understand why someone wouldn't want to though.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Enigma368
I stayed at Delano using FHR and received stay credit.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I stayed at Delano using FHR and received stay credit.
Was the credit pretty automatic after getting your Hyatt number into the reservation? Or did you have to invest post-stay time over the phone or online with Hyatt and/or MGM/mLife/Delano to get the stay credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.