Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

FHR - World of Hyatt (Globalist) Benefits & Earnings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WasKnown
Ask Hyatt customer support to look up the "Fine Hotels and Resorts Rate Plan SOP" which will confirm that FHR stays are elite qualifying
Print Wikipost

FHR - World of Hyatt (Globalist) Benefits & Earnings

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2021, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Aeroplan 35k; Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just contributing some data points, particularly since MGM/FHR stays have given folks, myself included, trouble in the past. I've never had any issues with straight FHR/Hyatt stays (I never do prepaid so can't speak to those) crediting properly.

Before the summer travel boom picked up I booked some dirt cheap Vegas stays back in April and did some hotel hopping in May. Factoring in the $100 F&B credits and free breakfasts, the stays ended up netting out to free or very very cheap.

I did a Virtuoso stay at Aria, FHR stay at Delano (absolutely awful and couldn't leave fast enough), Virtuoso stay at Aria, and FHR stay at Nomad (surprisingly really lovely). Before the trip I linked MGM and WoH accounts online. At each check-in I provided both my MGM and WoH numbers. For whatever reason, the last two stays credited properly for night stays and spend, with no issues. The first two nights, booked the same way as the other two nights, did not credit properly.

I reached out to MGM customer service and they said the two nights that didn't credit weren't qualifying rates. I subsequently reached out to Hyatt (at the time, I was only Globalist Lite, so no concierge) customer service and they said the same thing. All the more frustrating since the Hyatt call took over an hour.

A couple weeks later after reaching full Globalist status, I shot my concierge an email about the issues. Within two days she got the first two nights credited properly with no drama. Not sure what the issue was, and pretty sure that without a concierge I'd have just been out of luck on the two nights/points that didn't credit from Virtuoso/FHR.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Wanted to provide a data point here
  • Booked a prepaid 1 night stay at Park Hyatt DC via Amex FHR. I put in my Hyatt number while booking. Didn't show up in my Hyatt account upon booking, called Hyatt and told them to add, still did not show up
  • I ended up adding an additional night - I booked online via Hyatt and used a cash + points offer to book the exact room type I was already staying in
  • Went to the front desk to explain it all - at that point, the front desk added my Hyatt number to my Amex FHR reservation, checked me out, and re-checked me in under my second night reservation
  • I got credit for a two night stay, which is good as it triggered the current 3x earnings bonus - so the Amex FHR rate and the cash portion of the second night qualified for Hyatt spend, and I got triple on that. I was surprised this worked seamlessly given I booked each night a different way

I think bottom line here is that if you are booking Prepaid Amex FHR, ask them to enter your Hyatt number in at check-in so everything is credited correctly
Old Sep 9, 2021, 4:52 pm

Booked a stay on fhr recently. Didn't appear online so i called globalist rep and asked them to fix it. They added number and it instantly appeared in my account with rate info as Confidential FHR.

Initially the rep started to give me the normal bs about 3rd party rates not counting etc, and I told her to read the FHR SOP and follow that, and she got flustered and wondered how i knew that and when she did, she added the number and it showed up
Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:19 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66

Initially the rep started to give me the normal bs about 3rd party rates not counting etc, and I told her to read the FHR SOP and follow that, and she got flustered and wondered how i knew that and when she did, she added the number and it showed up
Glad it worked for you. Hopefully someone can add it to the wiki.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:58 pm

For those who can’t add WoH number due to a letter: Inspect the page in Chrome, change “number” to “string” in the inspector at where you should put your membership number, then you’ll be able to type letters in the box.
antonius66 and madmanshoney like this.

Last edited by HALL1C; Sep 14, 2021 at 8:40 am
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
Booked a stay on fhr recently. Didn't appear online so i called globalist rep and asked them to fix it. They added number and it instantly appeared in my account with rate info as Confidential FHR.

Where is the FHR SOP that I can reference to my concierge?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Where is the FHR SOP that I can reference to my concierge?
Its actually called Fine Hotels and Resorts Rate Plan SOP. It is an internal document that any Hyatt employee can access. Within the document, the employee will clearly see that FHR stays are elite qualifying at Hyatt.

Can mods add this to the wiki?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:38 pm

Interesting that at the very bottom it does seem to mention that The Hotel Collection hotels are excluded
Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Interesting that at the very bottom it does seem to mention that The Hotel Collection hotels are excluded
The bottom says that HC properties do not participate in FHR and therefore this SOP does not apply to them. I think some people have gotten their HC stays to post but there’s limited recourse if these stays don’t post.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by TravelingChef
Just contributing some data points, particularly since MGM/FHR stays have given folks, myself included, trouble in the past. I've never had any issues with straight FHR/Hyatt stays (I never do prepaid so can't speak to those) crediting properly.

Before the summer travel boom picked up I booked some dirt cheap Vegas stays back in April and did some hotel hopping in May. Factoring in the $100 F&B credits and free breakfasts, the stays ended up netting out to free or very very cheap.

I did a Virtuoso stay at Aria, FHR stay at Delano (absolutely awful and couldn't leave fast enough), Virtuoso stay at Aria, and FHR stay at Nomad (surprisingly really lovely). Before the trip I linked MGM and WoH accounts online. At each check-in I provided both my MGM and WoH numbers. For whatever reason, the last two stays credited properly for night stays and spend, with no issues. The first two nights, booked the same way as the other two nights, did not credit properly.

I reached out to MGM customer service and they said the two nights that didn't credit weren't qualifying rates. I subsequently reached out to Hyatt (at the time, I was only Globalist Lite, so no concierge) customer service and they said the same thing. All the more frustrating since the Hyatt call took over an hour.

A couple weeks later after reaching full Globalist status, I shot my concierge an email about the issues. Within two days she got the first two nights credited properly with no drama. Not sure what the issue was, and pretty sure that without a concierge I'd have just been out of luck on the two nights/points that didn't credit from Virtuoso/FHR.
what was the problem with the Delano. I thought the rooms were decent sized but haven’t been in a few years.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Aeroplan 35k; Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by beachfan
what was the problem with the Delano. I thought the rooms were decent sized but haven’t been in a few years.
I am admittedly a hotel snob, but I definitely don't think I'm unreasonable/elitist in any way. The lobby and common areas of the Delano were totally to my liking and looked modern and well maintained. The suite I had was a true suite, nice size, which of course I liked.

But beyond that. Woof. The rooms are in desperate need of a refresh. I'm not talking minor wear and tear. They looked so beat down and worn that it was pathetic. And I say rooms plural because I saw two and both were awful. The first one I checked in had odd gross stains on the curtains, and all the furniture looked like it was years past its prime. I asked for a new room, even though I was only there for a night, because despite super low occupancy they put me in one directly above whatever loud industrial (HVAC? Power? Unsure) equipment was outside and it sounded insanely loud.

They apologized and gave me another room. When I walked into that room I was accosted by the aggressive smell of smoke. And when I made my way to the bedroom there were two commercial sized purifiers working overtime to remove the smell of smoke, and clearly the carpet had just been cleaned and was still wet. So obviously the room wasn't ready to be given to a guest. That bit of miscommunication is a forgivable oversight between housekeeping and front desk, but the state of the room was in shambles and arguably worse than the first room.

I know it's Vegas, so party groups and things like that are normal at all the hotels, but it felt like Delano was the worst "nice" hotel I'd seen on the wear and tear front in ten years of regularly going to Vegas. The rooms were genuinely gross.

If I had been given a room that wasn't as shabby as those, I still don't think Delano should be in FHR portfolio. Part of why I use FHR is that it generally weeds out the riffraff hotels for me and I know I'm generally getting a good baseline level of quality.

When I was there, and on a subsequent trip the next month, Delano and Nomad, both in FHR, were similar prices, and Nomad (which is obviously much newer than Delano) was lightyears beyond the quality of Delano in every aspect imaginable.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Can mods add this to the wiki?
Any FT'er with >90 posts and account >90 days can start/edit wikis. It's under "Thread Tools".
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
Any FT'er with >90 posts and account >90 days can start/edit wikis. It's under "Thread Tools".
Is it possible on mobile? Almost all of my FT usage is from my phone
Old Sep 11, 2021, 5:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Is it possible on mobile? Almost all of my FT usage is from my phone
On the mobile browser, it's possible to click on the upper left corner where the three horizontal lines are and then select "view full site". And then it's possible to do everything that can be done from the desktop version of the FT site when on a desktop/laptop computer.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Called the Globalist line and the rep said Suite Awards are not applicable to 3rd party booking.
Is it possible to use a Suite Upgrade Award to a pre-paid reservation on Amex FHR? It is for a stay @ PH Vienna if it matters.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.