Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Are Free night cert extention possible due to CV19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Free night cert extention possible due to CV19?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:56 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Just to note Hyatt’s Twitter Concierge has confirmed they are offering points for certificates expiring prior to 4/30/2020 this was asked today.

Thanks for the update. I wonder why only April expiration, though. It's not like situations (at least in US) will improve enough in May that people can actually use their certs before expiration, even if they all expire by the end of the month.

LAX
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:45 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hi All,
Over the past 12 months the WOH folks don't promise anything if a members free night award expires
There is for example no chance to get an extension or goodwill gesture if a Chase award expires (however one does have a year from issue date to use it)
I do know typically for Globalists they will offer 10,000 points for a 1-4 or 20,000 points for a 1-7 right after the free night award expires
If you are a Globalist my advice would be to contact your assigned personal WOH concierge should you find yourself in that position
YMMV
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mhdena
You would have much better luck calling back on May 14/15, not March 29.
Originally Posted by TerryK
Call again on May 16th.
Yeah guess so. Not like the situation is going to meaningfully improve by then -- but will just wait until then I guess.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
Yeah guess so. Not like the situation is going to meaningfully improve by then -- but will just wait until then I guess.
I understand. Nevertheless, the point adjustment is manual. Theoretically you can still use your soon-to-expire free night after receiving point adjustment. Hence, Hyatt prefers to make adjustments after expiration.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 10:27 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

In light of the announcement yesterday, I’m closing this thread, please continue discussions at Hyatt extending status, free nights because of coronavirus

peteropny - Co-mod - Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.