Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt APAC Tier Status Extends for One Additional Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Hyatt FAQs regarding Covid-19 elite status extensions:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world.../covid-19.html
Print Wikipost

Hyatt APAC Tier Status Extends for One Additional Year

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:13 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Hydro88
That's what my Concierge told me.
Out of interest, what are those reservation matters that you liaise with your Concierge about that can't be handled via the app or property?
The reservations are all multi-room, occasionally with some sort of upgrade applied. They can't be modified or cancelled using the app or web site. My MHC is a single point of contact for dealing with these, and they know which ones are time-sensitive and which ones aren't.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by jpdx
I'm at 40 nights YTD and will re-qualify by mid April. I realize that status extensions are an important issue for most FTers, but I wish Hyatt threw a bone to those of us who actually travel. It's a little hard to understand why people who sit home have their certificates extended, but those who travel don't. Also, maybe a nice gesture would be, if everybody gets their Globalist extended to Feb 2022, maybe give an extra year to those who actually re-qualified in 2020?
I'm surprised that they have not yet announced status and certificate extension for everyone, since there are very few places that are not now affected. And I agree that it would make sense to do something for those who are still doing a lot of stays in 2020. Maybe a good way would be to allow a portion of the stays in 2020 (say maybe 50%) to count for qualification in 2021. That might even end up increasing business for some of the properties.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:11 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I'm surprised that they have not yet announced status and certificate extension for everyone, since there are very few places that are not now affected. And I agree that it would make sense to do something for those who are still doing a lot of stays in 2020. Maybe a good way would be to allow a portion of the stays in 2020 (say maybe 50%) to count for qualification in 2021. That might even end up increasing business for some of the properties.
Patience. We're less than 1/4 through the year. Let's see how the next quarter plays out.
I had more than 80 nights last year; most due to the credit card. I've only got 14 nights this year - on track for being very close 60 by the end of the year but have to see how things go for the rest of the year.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:26 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
I have more faith in Hyatt than in the airlines and rental car firms where I also hold top status. That said, if any of them fail to renew status for 2021, they have seen their last dollar from me, lifetime.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Of course you chastise me about sending a simple email to my concierge and yet you lament wishing your situation was resolved sooner. Makes no sense.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Of course you chastise me about sending a simple email to my concierge and yet you lament wishing your situation was resolved sooner. Makes no sense.
If you had taken 30 seconds to read the post, you would have understood that I was talking about other people's situation rather than my own.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Mar 20, 2020 at 11:04 pm
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
While logging in to cancel some reservations, I saw that my preciously expired Club Lounge certs have been extended to the end of 2021, as has a credit card free night.

Explorist status remains through Feb 2021, but I really don't care about following up on that at this point in time.

Last edited by hailstorm; Mar 25, 2020 at 4:32 pm
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
With Hilton announcing their status extension, hopefully Hyatt will as well given they are a "smart" company (vs. Marriott, a "dumb" company).
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Email from Hilton

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
With Hilton announcing their status extension, hopefully Hyatt will as well given they are a "smart" company (vs. Marriott, a "dumb" company).
2019 Status Extension. All members whose 2019 status was scheduled to be downgraded on March 31, 2020—whether it’s Diamond, Gold or Silver—will automatically receive an extension through March 31, 2021.

2020 Status Extension. We are extending your 2020 member status through March 31, 2022. This means you will continue to enjoy all the Diamond, Gold or Silver benefits you have access to today for the next 24 months.
UA-NYC and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:36 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
My Explorist status was extended until Feb 2022 two weeks ago and during last few days they also extended my Free Night Award until Dec 21 and Club Access Awards until Feb 21 without any efforts from my side. So I really can't complain and I am happy about Hyatt's efforts during crisis so far...
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Gioventu
My Explorist status was extended until Feb 2022 two weeks ago and during last few days they also extended my Free Night Award until Dec 21 and Club Access Awards until Feb 21 without any efforts from my side. So I really can't complain and I am happy about Hyatt's efforts during crisis so far...
I'm also February 2022 as well!
Gioventu likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gioventu
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm also February 2022 as well!
Wow you guys must’ve gotten lucky mine still shows valid through February 2021.

lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:44 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist
My free night certificates expire on Sep 4 (no auto-extension given so far.) Should I e-mail my concierge to extend my certificates or it just takes time to auto-extend?

If they don't auto-extend this will be my last $$ with them.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Wow you guys must’ve gotten lucky mine still shows valid through February 2021.

I think it's inevitable that Hyatt will follow Hilton's lead and give everyone an extension. Its just good PR if they're looking to quickly rebound.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
I think it's inevitable that Hyatt will follow Hilton's lead and give everyone an extension. Its just good PR if they're looking to quickly rebound.
I think either they’re going to have to extend everyone along with Certs or have some major promos from May 16th (after the current ones end) through the end of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.