FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt APAC Tier Status Extends for One Additional Year
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:02 am
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by jpdx
I'm at 40 nights YTD and will re-qualify by mid April. I realize that status extensions are an important issue for most FTers, but I wish Hyatt threw a bone to those of us who actually travel. It's a little hard to understand why people who sit home have their certificates extended, but those who travel don't. Also, maybe a nice gesture would be, if everybody gets their Globalist extended to Feb 2022, maybe give an extra year to those who actually re-qualified in 2020?
I'm surprised that they have not yet announced status and certificate extension for everyone, since there are very few places that are not now affected. And I agree that it would make sense to do something for those who are still doing a lot of stays in 2020. Maybe a good way would be to allow a portion of the stays in 2020 (say maybe 50%) to count for qualification in 2021. That might even end up increasing business for some of the properties.