Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt APAC Tier Status Extends for One Additional Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Hyatt FAQs regarding Covid-19 elite status extensions:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world.../covid-19.html
Print Wikipost

Hyatt APAC Tier Status Extends for One Additional Year

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by cvseuy

This should be in the other covid thread not the status extension thread
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BobJohnson
I’m not sure what the answer is, but on the flip side of the equation, if Hyatt doesn’t do this right, it could lead to a “glut” of Globalists, as you have people whose status is extended into next year (for some, maybe well-deserved...for others, they maybe wouldn’t have re-qualified anyway but now will have globalist through 2022) as well as people earning Globalist this year, especially if the virus does fade away by in a few months.

A "glut" of Globalists? You can probably count on one hand the number of people who didn't previously stay often at Hyatt, but will manage 60 nights during 2020. This thing isn't fading away any time soon.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:14 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by craigthemif
A "glut" of Globalists? You can probably count on one hand the number of people who didn't previously stay often at Hyatt, but will manage 60 nights during 2020. This thing isn't fading away any time soon.
I did it, qualified in the beginning of the March. Globalist until February 2022.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
just got this....

Evaluating Elite Tier Qualification and Benefit Extension:

In February, World of Hyatt extended elite tier status and award expiration dates for qualifying members residing in Asia Pacific. Visit the World of Hyatt COVID-19 FAQs for details.

Given the quickly evolving nature of the situation, it is simply too early to suggest revised elite tier qualifications and award expiration beyond members in Asia Pacific. However, we know that adjustments will need to be made, and we are committed to communicating these as soon as we can.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:28 pm

Just ask your concierge, I did and I was extended to 2022 and I reside in the US.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Just ask your concierge, I did and I was extended to 2022 and I reside in the US.
ZBIgFam sent you a private message
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:19 pm

Responded!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Thank you! I was also able to get my status extended to 2022 after emailing my concierge.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:17 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I wholeheartedly agree.

Given the current situation with company travel, this lowering of status renewal requirements will spread faster than coronavirus to all loyalty programs. My biggest question is whether Hyatt will expand this requalification waiver in stages - ie Europe next - or simply do a blanket extension of status for an additional year. Or possibly roll out double/triple qualifying nights. My bet is that they'll wait for a bit and go with a blanket status extension worldwide within the next couple of months.

One thing that would entice people to book more at Hyatt would be either lowering LT Glob requirements or offering double/triple base points on stays.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by itsallgood
I wholeheartedly agree.

Given the current situation with company travel, this lowering of status renewal requirements will spread faster than coronavirus to all loyalty programs. My biggest question is whether Hyatt will expand this requalification waiver in stages - ie Europe next - or simply do a blanket extension of status for an additional year. Or possibly roll out double/triple qualifying nights. My bet is that they'll wait for a bit and go with a blanket status extension worldwide within the next couple of months.

One thing that would entice people to book more at Hyatt would be either lowering LT Glob requirements or offering double/triple base points on stays.
It would be great if they include award stays toward LT Globalist status. Even if they include double or triple base points, that will still accelerate towards LT status right?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:17 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Jaenks
I did it, qualified in the beginning of the March. Globalist until February 2022.
I'm at 40 nights YTD and will re-qualify by mid April. I realize that status extensions are an important issue for most FTers, but I wish Hyatt threw a bone to those of us who actually travel. It's a little hard to understand why people who sit home have their certificates extended, but those who travel don't. Also, maybe a nice gesture would be, if everybody gets their Globalist extended to Feb 2022, maybe give an extra year to those who actually re-qualified in 2020?
MSPeconomist and suite2suite like this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jpdx
I'm at 40 nights YTD and will re-qualify by mid April. I realize that status extensions are an important issue for most FTers, but I wish Hyatt threw a bone to those of us who actually travel. It's a little hard to understand why people who sit home have their certificates extended, but those who travel don't. Also, maybe a nice gesture would be, if everybody gets their Globalist extended to Feb 2022, maybe give an extra year to those who actually re-qualified in 2020?
Have you thought about asking Hyatt this? I get it and I suppose this ain't fair to people like you. Some people are being told that they shouldn't travel by their employers so what are they suppose to do?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
It's a little hard to understand why people who sit home have their certificates extended, but those who travel don't.
Because the people that sit at home are doing the right thing for all of us?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
From all hotel chains, Hyatt did current changes before all others and all of them had been positive ones. When the current situation continues more one and half or two months, I am sure Hyatt will extend the status and certificates. There is a question about mutual loyalty, nothing less.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:05 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
HK based globalist and still no extension in my account to 2022. Is there anyone else in a similar situation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.