Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Redemption chart: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...n-updates.html

To view the award calendar for any Hyatt property, go to the Hyatt global map and search for, click on, or zoom in on the property or region of interest. In the alternative, start the booking process; once you've narrowed the selection to an individual property, you should see a link to the points calendar directly beneath the link to the hotel website. Note that calendars do not indicate (un)availability on any given date.
  • Hyatt appears to have updated its systems to display calendar links for nearly all properties. (Immediately after rollout, coverage was notably incomplete.) If for some reason the property you're interested in does not have a points calendar link, use a URL of the form https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels/rate-calendar?spiritCode=XYZZY, where XYZZY is the hotel's five-letter code. (Codes are shown in the URL for the Hyatt property listing; for example, the Tokyo Andaz is "tyoaz.") Once in the calendar, you can navigate to view additional months. h/t to Neric for flagging this shortcut.
Not all hotels and resorts offer redemption of suite awards; please contact the Hyatt Global Care Center or visit a hotel or resort's property page on hyatt.com for details on whether suite award accommodations are available at that hotel or resort. Properties that do not offer suite awards are referred to collectively in these Terms as the "Suite Award Ineligible Properties," and include, without limitation:
Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
Park Hyatt Sydney
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa
Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort (Canada)
Hyatt Paris Madeleine
Hôtel du Louvre
Hyatt Regency London Albert Embankment (DPs provided by concierges show this is a non-participating property a/o Nov 2023) DP here
Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa FL
Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami FL
Hyatt Regency Wichita
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Hyatt Rosemont (IL)
Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Chicago Athletic Association (IL)
Hotel Revival Baltimore Maryland
Hyatt Herald Square New York
The Grayson New York
Park South New York
Thompson Seattle
Thompson Hollywood (Los Angeles CA)
Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach CA
Hotel Avatar Santa Clara, CA
Ventana Campground, Big Sur CA
Waterfront Hotel Oakland CA
The Laurel Inn San Francisco CA
Hotel Kabuki San Francisco CA
Alila Manggis
Studios at Alila Sminyak
Alila Villas Uluwatu
Alila Taihu Suzhou
Episode Hsinchu
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel
Dreams Aventuras
Dreams Royal Beach
Now Emerald Cancun
AluaSoul Alcudia Bay
AluaSoul Menorca
Alua Leo
AluaSun Far Menorca
AluaSun Mediterráneo
AluaSun Cala Antena
Alua Boccaccio
AluaSun Lago Park
AluaSun Doblemar
and ALL Caption by Hyatt, or Hyatt Place hotels or resorts or any Destination by Hyatt Residences property, except as otherwise expressly set forth in the
Destination by Hyatt Residence Award Terms.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:02 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by synzero
I suspect a glitch or perhaps a one time repricing because Hyatt has on multiple occasions said peak pricing calendars would be fixed. If they're changing this it would be huge news.
I have a photo of the original off peak calendar.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by nsx
I have a photo of the original off peak calendar.
I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm saying I suspect it was a one time thing where they may have released one calendar but then quickly updated it. It would be a major change if the calendar kept changing going forward. It also makes no sense as they are refunding when the price goes down which means if properties cycle in and out of off peak they would refund over and over again over time.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 11:24 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I just corrected my post from this morning. I misremembered my dates. My initial photo matches the current calendar.

The reason I got credit for only date is that I made a reservation for 7 days plus a separate reservation for one day, in case I have a chance to apply a suite upgrade, which I'm not sure I would even want to use.

TLDR: Nevermind.
synzero likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Anyone been refunded the difference for previously booked properties that went off-peak for the dates booked, or am I misremembering that? One of mine for next summer did, but now there seems to be a minimum stay requirement for the weekend I'm there, so I can't cancel and rebook the same dates I already have.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:25 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by strickerj
Anyone been refunded the difference for previously booked properties that went off-peak for the dates booked, or am I misremembering that? One of mine for next summer did, but now there seems to be a minimum stay requirement for the weekend I'm there, so I can't cancel and rebook the same dates I already have.
I got the off-peak refund one of my two reservations a couple days ago. The other one hasn't been processed but I will wait for it.
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Does this apply to SLH hotels too? My Cape Fahn hotel booking dropped to 17k a night from 20k a night for 4 nights, but nothing changed. Or is it because there isn't availability for 4 nights, but only 2 at a time?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:17 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Runner123
Does this apply to SLH hotels too? My Cape Fahn hotel booking dropped to 17k a night from 20k a night for 4 nights, but nothing changed. Or is it because there isn't availability for 4 nights, but only 2 at a time?
They haven't finished processing refunds.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 12:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I've changed my mind. If there is no minimum number of nights for off-peak, then it very well may impact me.

Somewhere like Hawaii would be standard or peak nearly all the time.
My guess is they have to offer at least one off-peak night per year.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 4:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by JackE
Andaz Singapore does not have any showing so far; have to see what they do for the rest of Dec and then Jan and Feb.
champus likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by JackE
Hyatt’s posted FAQ provides no such assurance:
How many days each year will be set to Peak and Off-peak?

The majority of days will be set to Standard each year.
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...tes_freenights

Last edited by beltway; Nov 12, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If there is a requirement to have any "off-peak" dates for Hyatt point redemption, I don't see it with some properties. And just because a property already has "off-peak" redemption dates assigned it, that doesn't necessarily mean the property has (or has ever had) any standard rooms available for Hyatt point redemption.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If there is a requirement to have any "off-peak" dates for Hyatt point redemption, I don't see it with some properties. And just because a property already has "off-peak" redemption dates assigned it, that doesn't necessarily mean the property has (or has ever had) any standard rooms available for Hyatt point redemption.
Hyatt has stated there is no off peak redemption requirement.
champus likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Hyatt has stated there is no off peak redemption requirement.
Hyatt, not hotel owners, set seasonality in order to incent members to redeem points in ways that cost Hyatt less money in the fees paid to hotel owners for awards. my point is there’s a built-in incentive for Hyatt to set off-peak rates so that members book on those days when the award will cost Hyatt bupkis.
champus likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 5:35 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My second eligible reservation was repriced just now. So it’s still being worked.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:40 am

Good way to do mattress runs on 3500 point hotel to get to Globalist?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.