Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Redemption chart: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...n-updates.html

To view the award calendar for any Hyatt property, go to the Hyatt global map and search for, click on, or zoom in on the property or region of interest. In the alternative, start the booking process; once you've narrowed the selection to an individual property, you should see a link to the points calendar directly beneath the link to the hotel website. Note that calendars do not indicate (un)availability on any given date.
  • Hyatt appears to have updated its systems to display calendar links for nearly all properties. (Immediately after rollout, coverage was notably incomplete.) If for some reason the property you're interested in does not have a points calendar link, use a URL of the form https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels/rate-calendar?spiritCode=XYZZY, where XYZZY is the hotel's five-letter code. (Codes are shown in the URL for the Hyatt property listing; for example, the Tokyo Andaz is "tyoaz.") Once in the calendar, you can navigate to view additional months. h/t to Neric for flagging this shortcut.
Not all hotels and resorts offer redemption of suite awards; please contact the Hyatt Global Care Center or visit a hotel or resort's property page on hyatt.com for details on whether suite award accommodations are available at that hotel or resort. Properties that do not offer suite awards are referred to collectively in these Terms as the "Suite Award Ineligible Properties," and include, without limitation:
Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
Park Hyatt Sydney
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa
Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort (Canada)
Hyatt Paris Madeleine
Hôtel du Louvre
Hyatt Regency London Albert Embankment (DPs provided by concierges show this is a non-participating property a/o Nov 2023) DP here
Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa FL
Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami FL
Hyatt Regency Wichita
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Hyatt Rosemont (IL)
Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Chicago Athletic Association (IL)
Hotel Revival Baltimore Maryland
Hyatt Herald Square New York
The Grayson New York
Park South New York
Thompson Seattle
Thompson Hollywood (Los Angeles CA)
Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach CA
Hotel Avatar Santa Clara, CA
Ventana Campground, Big Sur CA
Waterfront Hotel Oakland CA
The Laurel Inn San Francisco CA
Hotel Kabuki San Francisco CA
Alila Manggis
Studios at Alila Sminyak
Alila Villas Uluwatu
Alila Taihu Suzhou
Episode Hsinchu
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel
Dreams Aventuras
Dreams Royal Beach
Now Emerald Cancun
AluaSoul Alcudia Bay
AluaSoul Menorca
Alua Leo
AluaSun Far Menorca
AluaSun Mediterráneo
AluaSun Cala Antena
Alua Boccaccio
AluaSun Lago Park
AluaSun Doblemar
and ALL Caption by Hyatt, or Hyatt Place hotels or resorts or any Destination by Hyatt Residences property, except as otherwise expressly set forth in the
Destination by Hyatt Residence Award Terms.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:30 pm
Original Member

Is there a master list of Hyatt spirit codes? I'd like to create an Excel page with all the properties that generates automated links to the points calendar.

Followup: I solved my own question. If you go to the Hyatt search page at https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels and copy/paste the whole page, you can strip off the spirit codes for each property.
nsx, beltway and Warriorconcept like this.

Last edited by Tino; Oct 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
I moved more than half my Chase UR points to Hyatt this year. I've gotten good value from United, but with the award chart gone I expect that value to drop precipitously when travel demand resurges. I don't expect international business class awards to be attainable for reasonable miles past mid-2022. I'll be back to coach, happy just to get where I'm going. I have spent most of my AA and UA miles, as I did with DL and BA years ago.

Of all programs I trust Hyatt the most. Hyatt has given me incredible value in 2020 and 2021, and I have booked enough 2022 Hyatt nights to ensure good value next year as well. I will surely need to cancel a few of my 2022 bookings, putting points back in my account so I can book for 2023. After that if there is a devaluation I won't whine.

Not to jinx us, but the worst devaluation I can imagine is a no-notice change to the 1:1 Chase>Hyatt transfer. Part of the reason for my most recent transfer was to hedge against devaluation or loss of that option. People here should consider that any devaluation Hyatt imposes on us may be necessary to maintaining the Chase transfer path.

I've said it before, but 2020 and 2021 will be seen in the future as the best award travel years in a decade or more. Get one CSP card and stay at Ventana 3 nights? Crazy. Business class seats on United and LH to and from Europe in the summer at 77k miles on any summer date you want? Wow. Late 2020 rock-bottom hotel rates and rental car prices in a mostly empty Hawaii, getting there on 80% empty flights? Magical. Not to mention earning Globalist after doing that twice. My advice is to get vaccinated to reduce your risk, then travel now, before business travel resumes. Go anywhere. Go everywhere. Take unpaid time off work. Whatever it takes. This opportunity won't come again.

2020/2021 was also (hopefully) the worst years of a global pandemic where many people lost their lives, jobs, etc . So, you know, we can’t forget about that.
SF1K, nsx, renila and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Seagull689
2020/2021 was also (hopefully) the worst years of a global pandemic where many people lost their lives, jobs, etc . So, you know, we can’t forget about that.
I owned a successful small business for years prior to the pandemic, in June 2020 things dried up and just about came to a halt causing us to close our doors permanently. I took the time with my family to travel at the impossibly low rates and make the best of the situation.

Life is what you make it.

These were my best deals/stays of 2020 and early 2021.

22calbr, strickerj and BaconSF like this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I think the amount of business travelers has severely dwindled though since the pandemic hit. Meaning a much larger portion of revenue is from individuals and families traveling rather than the typical business traveler with a business footing the bill as would have been the opposite in 2019.
SME business travel is not as severely dwindled as big corporate business travel. Unfortunately, this dynamic too is probably not going to do any Hyatt loyalty program participants and favors with redemption pricing since Hyatt aimed this multi-tier pricing thing to advantage itself financially; it did not do this to benefit its loyalty program customers in the aggregate.
champus likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by nsx
I've said it before, but 2020 and 2021 will be seen in the future as the best award travel years in a decade or more. Get one CSP card and stay at Ventana 3 nights? Crazy. Business class seats on United and LH to and from Europe in the summer at 77k miles on any summer date you want? Wow.
Not sure about the best award in a decade. Back in 2014, I could get a CSP and Hyatt on the same day with 1 HP, then an Ink 2 months later, for 6 nights at any top tier Hyatt. Meet MSR with easy MS. Cathay Pacific business class to Asia is available most days for 55k, and first class always comes thru before departure, spending a grand total of 67.5k AA, which is less than the bonus on one of the 5 AA Exec cards gotten that year.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
Not sure about the best award in a decade. Back in 2014, I could get a CSP and Hyatt on the same day with 1 HP, then an Ink 2 months later, for 6 nights at any top tier Hyatt. Meet MSR with easy MS. Cathay Pacific business class to Asia is available most days for 55k, and first class always comes thru before departure, spending a grand total of 67.5k AA, which is less than the bonus on one of the 5 AA Exec cards gotten that year.
OP meant that companies had both the lowest prices and highest reward payouts, which is true. If you see my screenshots above they should more than confirm.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
I disagree, the 20/21 Hyatt Q3, Q4, and Q1 bonuses were mind blowing whether you were traveling on points or cash rates. During that time period I raked in over 400k in points that were above and beyond what I normally would have gotten during those travels. It's going to be a long time before we will ever see an opportunity like that again.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Matt4200
OP meant that companies had both the lowest prices and highest reward payouts, which is true. If you see my screenshots above they should more than confirm.
Lowest prices and highest reward payouts in a decade? Not as I've experienced it, but I'm not traveling backward from around 2030. And to get this even more pointedly back to Hyatt, Hyatt's now set up things to use a secular industry recovery from 2020 and 2021 levels as an excuse/basis to run up the devaluations of the Hyatt points going forward into 2022 and beyond.

In that regard it can be said 2020/2021 for Hyatt loyalty program members is now like it was for Hilton loyalty program members back around the time when Hilton started up its rapid devaluations of Hilton points. Except now the pace of devaluations will be much faster with Hyatt in the time ahead.
renila likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 11:37 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by GUWonder
In that regard it can be said 2020/2021 for Hyatt loyalty program members is now like it was for Hilton loyalty program members back around the time when Hilton started up its rapid devaluations of Hilton points. Except now the pace of devaluations will be much faster with Hyatt in the time ahead.
I sure hope that 30k or 35k per night for Ventana all-inclusive or Andaz Maui will become an old-timer's story like Hilton's ALON and GLON awards.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Lowest prices and highest reward payouts in a decade? Not as I've experienced it, but I'm not traveling backward from around 2030. And to get this even more pointedly back to Hyatt, Hyatt's now set up things to use a secular industry recovery from 2020 and 2021 levels as an excuse/basis to run up the devaluations of the Hyatt points going forward into 2022 and beyond.

Since you obviously don’t want to look outside of your personal experience I’m trying to show you how things actually were, another poster even said they earned an additional 400k points due solely to promos!

But I’ll post and breakdown some of mine -

HC Park City is a Category 7 property. Not only was I able to secure a $127 per night base rate, but I also netted over 13,000 points on the stay. Bringing the net cost per night to ~$90 or less! Was also in Q4 so earned 4 Rollover Nights to 2021.

Stayed here during the double EQN, 6 Nights (12 EQN) for a total of $356 meaning under $60 a Night! Not only that but also netted ~ 10,000 points. That’s just an insane deal that will never be replicated.

Stayed 1 Night for $80 and netted ~7,000 points which is more than getting paid to stay the night.

These I’d say are amazing deal both in pricing and promos that are lower than anything I’ve seen or anticipate to ever see again.

If you think 2020/2021 haven’t been the best pricing and best promos combination Hyatt has ever had I’d think again.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
I must admit Hyatt has been pretty generous throughout this situation - as an example, I stayed 5 nights on points at the Hyatt Ziva Cancun last fall, and, since the elite requirements were lowered and award stays count toward elite status, I earned Discoverist for the year. Then the double nights bonus from that stay posted in January, earning me Discoverist for next year as well.

Others haven't been great though. I burned my remaining Hilton points last fall for a pretty poor value. Delta awards have consistently been 1 to 1.2 cents per mile, far below where they've been in the past. Marriott's awards weren't even worth considering (I have no Marriott points now but could transfer to them from Chase if I found a good deal). I have to wonder how long Hyatt can remain the last holdout to dynamic award pricing? I guess it depends how many new customers it earns them vs. how much it costs them.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I was looking at one hotel (an HP) in a non-descript location in Virginia. No way a tourist destination. I happened to glance at the point calendar where it outline the seasons. In the next 12 months, there is exactly ONE day off-peak. There are numerous peak dates, and most are regular.

So much for having to offer a specific number off off peak dates.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I was looking at one hotel (an HP) in a non-descript location in Virginia. No way a tourist destination. I happened to glance at the point calendar where it outline the seasons. In the next 12 months, there is exactly ONE day off-peak. There are numerous peak dates, and most are regular.

So much for having to offer a specific number off off peak dates.
Hyatt never stated a specific number of off peak dates would be available ….

There’s a property we frequent that has plenty of Off Peak time throughout the year, but Hyatt didn’t mark them as off peak. So I understand the frustration.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:44 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Off-peak designation is not static. When I first checked the calendar for my 2022 stay there were 4 off peak dates. Now there is only one off-peak date. By the time Hyatt got around to repricing my stay I got credit only for the one date. I should have called them on day one.

Edit: My mistake. I misremembered my dates. My initial photo matches the current calendar. Sorry for the distraction.

Last edited by nsx; Nov 2, 2021 at 11:22 am
Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by nsx
Off-peak designation is not static. When I first checked the calendar for my 2022 stay there were 4 off peak dates. Now there is only one off-peak date. By the time Hyatt got around to repricing my stay I got credit only for the one date. I should have called them on day one.
I suspect a glitch or perhaps a one time repricing because Hyatt has on multiple occasions said peak pricing calendars would be fixed. If they're changing this it would be huge news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.