Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

10% of redeemed points back 7/1 - 9/2/19 for Hyatt CC holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10% of redeemed points back 7/1 - 9/2/19 for Hyatt CC holders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by reigndrop
Redeemed 240k points for a stay beteeen 8/12-8/16 of which ~20k points hit today. Will probably call for the remaining 4K points
who do you call?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by reigndrop
Redeemed 240k points for a stay beteeen 8/12-8/16 of which ~20k points hit today. Will probably call for the remaining 4K points
It wasn't even an even 20K? Are you sure it's from this promotion?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I redeemed 30k points for a stay in July and another 15k for a stay last week. I would expect to see 3k points returned for the July stay, yet my account shows nothing.

What is the description of the return of points?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
I am in the same boat... still missing around 10-12k from stays in early July. However, my concierge assured me they will eventually post, probably 6-8 weeks after the stay was completed. I can also confirm that these adjustments are done manually, per my concierge. That means it's a laborious process for someone. I figure I'll wait till mid-Sept before calling back to inquire if I haven't seen anything yet.
Mary2e likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by josephstern
It wasn't even an even 20K? Are you sure it's from this promotion?
you are right - it was the Hyatt CC points. I’m going to re edit my original post to not further mislead anyone
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I redeemed 30k points for a stay in July and another 15k for a stay last week. I would expect to see 3k points returned for the July stay, yet my account shows nothing.

What is the description of the return of points?
When in July was that? And when did you make the reservation?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Had a number of award stays in July and August. All were credited with 10% back today. Check your accounts!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Had a number of award stays in July and August. All were credited with 10% back today. Check your accounts!
My stay ending July 5th has still not posted. My concierge said they are running behind and as of Tuesday said it would be another week or two. Today marks eight weeks since check out.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:16 pm

Points for all five of my stays during the promotional period posted today. However, I'm short 500 points.

All stays were booked prior to registering for the promo. One of my stays was at Miraval Arizona, which I booked during the 50% points back promo. For the Miraval stay, I received 10% on the net points cost after 50% back.

The description in the account says "Reward Bonus" with no ability to see how it was calculated or for what stay the bonus is for.

EDIT: Actually, I am not short 500 points as I received 10% back on a Guest of Honor reservation I made for someone but have NOT received 10% back on my Miraval stay, which is my latest.

Last edited by ewrp12; Aug 30, 2019 at 7:39 pm
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:15 am

Have not received my points yet, called Hyatt who just transferred me to Chase who was also unhelpful. This is pretty absurd and it shouldn't be so much work to get points credited which we are due.
What's the best course of action?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:39 am

As a follow up to my previous, reached out to Twitter team and the points were credited in 5 mins.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:40 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by ewrp12
EDIT: Actually, I am not short 500 points as I received 10% back on a Guest of Honor reservation I made for someone but have NOT received 10% back on my Miraval stay, which is my latest.
I am not sure I am following. Are Guest of Honor bookings eligible for the 10% back and did you get the 10% back?

I made two bookings of 90k pts each, one for me and one for guest of honor. I expected 18k pts back but got only 9k pts back. Is this correct?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by escape4
I am not sure I am following. Are Guest of Honor bookings eligible for the 10% back and did you get the 10% back?

I made two bookings of 90k pts each, one for me and one for guest of honor. I expected 18k pts back but got only 9k pts back. Is this correct?
I received 10% back on a Guest of Honor booking I made for someone. It's the only reservation I made that corresponds to the 10% amount I received.

As far as not receiving some points back yet, you may just need to keep waiting. I haven't received the rebate on all my stays yet either.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Waiting for 3 weeks here but won't ping my Concierge til I hit the 5 week point
Old Sep 14, 2019, 11:00 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by ewrp12
I received 10% back on a Guest of Honor booking I made for someone. It's the only reservation I made that corresponds to the 10% amount I received.

As far as not receiving some points back yet, you may just need to keep waiting. I haven't received the rebate on all my stays yet either.
Thanks! Did you book just the room for the guest, or you had your own room too? Maybe my problem is that I booked two rooms, one for me and one for the guest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.