FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   10% of redeemed points back 7/1 - 9/2/19 for Hyatt CC holders (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1973996-10-redeemed-points-back-7-1-9-2-19-hyatt-cc-holders.html)

jmgriffin Jun 14, 2019 10:58 am

10% of redeemed points back 7/1 - 9/2/19 for Hyatt CC holders

Looks like a new promo is active.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...back-2019.html

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5fdab857de.png

T&Cs:

This promotion is valid only for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers and World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers who register for the promotion between June 14, 2019 and July 15, 2019. To qualify for this offer, account must be open at the time of fulfillment. Only points redeemed between July 1, 2019 and September 2, 2019 will be eligible for this promotion. If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by September 2, 2019. You will receive 10% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points you redeem for free night awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, Exhale classes and spa therapies, and FIND experiences during this period. Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for this promotion.

Please allow 6-8 weeks after your point redemption has been completed for your Bonus Points to be loaded into your World of Hyatt account.

For details on redeeming World of Hyatt points, please visit worldofhyatt.com and see the World of Hyatt terms and conditions, available at worldofhyatt.com/terms.

Points redeemed for a Points + Cash award will be taken out of your World of Hyatt account at the time of booking. Any paid portion of a Points + Cash award will be charged directly to the member by the hotel at the time of checkout. Refer to worldofhyatt.com for complete terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program.

Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion with a suitable substitute offer of equal value (if legally required) at any time due to actual circumstances. This promotion is subject to the items and conditions of World of Hyatt at worldofhyatt.com/terms.

The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, World of Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Andaz®, Hyatt Centric®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt™, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates.

WORLD OF HYATT PROGRAM INFORMATION

Receipt and use of any World of Hyatt® program points, awards or benefits require membership in the World of Hyatt program. All World of Hyatt points earned through use of the Hyatt Credit Card or World of Hyatt Credit Card are “Bonus Points” as defined in the World of Hyatt terms and conditions. Bonus Points may be redeemed for awards in the World of Hyatt program, but are not counted for the purposes of calculating a member’s progress towards elite status in the World of Hyatt program. All participation in the World of Hyatt program, including accrual and redemption of Bonus Points, Free Night Awards, Tier Qualifying Night Credits and receipt of membership benefits, is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program. Visit worldofhyatt.com/terms for complete terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program. Terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program may be modified and offers, services, and benefits may be added or deleted at any time as described in the World of Hyatt program terms and conditions. World of Hyatt Bonus Points awarded through the use of the authorized user’s card will only be credited to the primary cardmember’s World of Hyatt account. Authorized users will not be eligible for elite status in the World of Hyatt program, or associated benefits, based on their use of the primary cardmember’s Hyatt Credit Card or World of Hyatt Credit Card.

JoeWoodstock Jun 14, 2019 11:56 am

So, based on the fine print in the T&Cs, I will not get 10% points back for a reservation I made a month ago for an August stay with P&C.

Is that right?

Thanks,
--woodstock

jameswes Jun 14, 2019 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock (Post 31203055)
So, based on the fine print in the T&Cs, I will not get 10% points back for a reservation I made a month ago for an August stay with P&C.

Is that right?

Thanks,
--woodstock

It just says that points have to be redeemed during that time period. And that the stay must be completed by Sept 2.

In the past, that has always meant that points are redeemed as a part of the stay, not when you book. So at least historically we haven't needed to rebook and it would count.

skj Jun 14, 2019 1:00 pm

I've got a 5 night stay, using points at a category 7 property, checking out on 1 July. If this promo works as previous ones have, I should get 15K points back. We'll see what this one brings ...

MasterPlanner Jun 14, 2019 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes (Post 31203234)
It just says that points have to be redeemed during that time period. And that the stay must be completed by Sept 2.

In the past, that has always meant that points are redeemed as a part of the stay, not when you book. So at least historically we haven't needed to rebook and it would count.

I had this same issue/question. Last week I booked a point stay for August and of course the points were deducted from my account right away for the stay in two months. Theoretically I therefore literally "redeemed" the points before July 1, right? Am curious for the expert insights from this group but am thinking that it would be wiser for me to cancel the reservation, get the points back and then re-book on July 1?

(Would love to be reassured that I needn't have to do this, of course...)

skj Jun 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by MasterPlanner (Post 31203280)
I had this same issue/question. Last week I booked a point stay for August and of course the points were deducted from my account right away for the stay in two months. Theoretically I therefore literally "redeemed" the points before July 1, right? Am curious for the expert insights from this group but am thinking that it would be wiser for me to cancel the reservation, get the points back and then re-book on July 1?

(Would love to be reassured that I needn't have to do this, of course...)

There should be data points in early July, so don't make any changes yet. If necessary, after 1 July, you can make another reservation if booking on points is still available. Then you can cancel your old reservation. You don't want to cancel now because there's no assurance you'll be able to re-book on points in July.

Mary2e Jun 14, 2019 2:41 pm

I can't believe the shortness of this promo. I have a point stay for 2 rooms coming up in July - of course it was booked a few months ago.

I want to make another one - but do I really have to wait until July 1 to make the reservation? it's ridiculous and not likely a points stay will be available.

antonius66 Jun 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Honestly I don't remember what happened last time they ran this. I emailed my pl rep to ask. I have a 3 night 40k a night stay in August, so I really want to get back the 12k.

reigndrop Jun 14, 2019 2:59 pm

I booked an 8 night stay at PH Paris two months ago for August so getting 10% back would be huge. Will monitor this closely

josephstern Jun 14, 2019 3:25 pm

Naturally, my stay bridges the 9/2 cut-off. But I've done well in the past, so no complaints.

CodeAdam10 Jun 14, 2019 4:51 pm

..."While the terms indicate that only points redeemed between 7/1-9/2 will qualify, in the past this has always meant that the nights had to be used in that period, but the rebate has been valid regardless of when you actually created the award reservation."

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-tra...t-redemptions/

afmiami Jun 14, 2019 7:55 pm

I concur. In the past, redeemed meant the date you actually stay at the property, not when you made the reservation. I have res for July and August, I will not cancel and re-reserve. I am pretty confident the bonus will apply. Same happened to me last year.

ewrp12 Jun 14, 2019 10:39 pm

When using a Free Night Award, the reservation page says "Free Night redeemed at time of check-in." With points, the reservation page is less clear as it says "Points will be deducted from your account when the reservation is confirmed."

escape4 Jun 14, 2019 11:16 pm

"We're sorry. You are already registered for this promotion."

Anybody getting this error message? Or maybe my Concierge already signed me up?

mnredfox Jun 15, 2019 3:40 am

Originally Posted by escape4 (Post 31204486)
"We're sorry. You are already registered for this promotion."

Anybody getting this error message? Or maybe my Concierge already signed me up?

Wouldn’t assume. Just signed up myself successfully.