Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lisbon - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Lisbon - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Keep in mind I really only have that one data point. We were flying out on UA in J, and there didn't seem any fast track (*). There was some airline representative (don't recall what airline) pulling people for their flight to the front of the line - presumably because they were about to miss their flight. That, of course, upset a lot of other people who also were at risk but didn't have anything fast-tracking them. I am generally someone who would rather spend an extra 30 minutes in the lounge or gate relaxing than arriving "just on time" to board after sweating for 30 minutes in the security/immigration line wondering whether I will miss the flight. I think we ended up making the flight without issues, but had no opportunity to even look for the lounge as we had planned. So if it was me, and with that experience in mind, I would probably leave the hotel 3 hrs before departure. 6am vs 6:30am would make little difference -- too early at many hotels to enjoy breakfast, so I would aim to get something at the airport.

(*) there are automatic passport control gates for EU (Schengen?) passport holders, and the line was really short for that. Not sure if that helps in your case.
Totally agree re better to be early than late! I was doubting lounges would be open but will check. Good point re too early for breakfast at hotels. Thanks for the advice!
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by omairfaisal
so i have a question i have a deluxe suite booked on points, as a discoverist, I wont be able to retain explorist , does the suite booking directly include the breakfast, staying with kids so was wondering what to expect?
Deluxe Suites (or any other to my knowledge) at this property do not automatically include breakfast unless you book a rate that specifically includes breakfast (i.e. "Bed and Breakfast" rate). This has nothing to do with being Explorist or Discoverist, neither of which include breakfast as a benefit.

In terms of "what to expect" I'd say expect to pay for breakfast, if not Globalist and staying on points (which doesn't offer a way to book a breakfast rate)

Regards
Old Feb 3, 2024, 2:23 pm

Hyatt Regency vs Lumiares w/a Toddler

Hi All,

Currently booked a standard Queen room at Hyatt Regency Lisbon for 3 days. Looking at possibly switching to a studio room at the Lumiares (an extra 6K pt/nt, so not a big deal) because we will be traveling with a 16 month old and the Lumiares looks to have better public transport options. No ubering due to a lack of car seat.

My main concerns in considering the switch are travel times/options and room size. Both options seem to list 29-42 square meters in space.

Question: Would you recommend staying at the Hyatt Regency Lisbon or switch to the Lumiares?

We plan to visit: Carmo Convent, Ajuda National Palace, Time Out Market Lisboa, Praca do Comercio and Belem Tower
Old Feb 3, 2024, 3:29 pm

Is Pousada de Lisboa not available? It's right on Praca do Comercio, in walking distance to Carmo Convent & Time Out Market, and the bus stop is just steps away.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:55 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by GreenLonghorn
Hi All,

Currently booked a standard Queen room at Hyatt Regency Lisbon for 3 days. Looking at possibly switching to a studio room at the Lumiares (an extra 6K pt/nt, so not a big deal) because we will be traveling with a 16 month old and the Lumiares looks to have better public transport options. No ubering due to a lack of car seat.

My main concerns in considering the switch are travel times/options and room size. Both options seem to list 29-42 square meters in space.

Question: Would you recommend staying at the Hyatt Regency Lisbon or switch to the Lumiares?

We plan to visit: Carmo Convent, Ajuda National Palace, Time Out Market Lisboa, Praca do Comercio and Belem Tower
we stayed for four nights at the Hyatt Regency Lisbon in October. the hotel is new very well kept and we found the location to be just fine for our touring needs. We booked all of our tours either through the hotel, concierge or with Viatour. I’m pretty sure with either you can request a child seat to be in the car.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Stayed here for 2 nights last September out of the 4 nights total that I was in Lisbon, and at first this hotel had little appeal to me since it seemed so far out of the way and was not connected to the metro, and that the fastest way to get to/from the airport was by taxi. (Don't remember the rate, I believe 25 or 30 EUR one-way) But it was a good value on points (33,000 for 2 nights, don't remember cash rate) and I used up a suite night upgrade certificate which would have been a lot more useful for a longer stay. BMW was doing a press conference for the release of some of some new electric cars when I was there at the convention center next door.

The staff were very helpful in checking me in, trying to make reservations at a restaurant and suggesting an alternative when that failed, and showing me around the suite. It was plainly styled but in great condition, comfortable, VERY spacious, and has everything one could ask for, including an outdoor balcony, kitchen facilities, washing machine, a huge living room and very comfortable beds. I did not have breakfast at the hotel though I did visit the rooftop bar at night (reservations required) where it was a great place to just enjoy the evening. Transportationwise, it is on the tram line and there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel, so it is very convenient when they run (Lisbon public transport can be affected by the traffic jams due to the narrow streets) to get to Belem due to the hotel's location. For getting to central Lisbon, just stay on the bus/tram a little bit longer.

Would I recommend the hotel? It's nothing mindblowing, maybe a bit plain, and the location may not be the most ideal for everyone but for those who can make it work, it's a good solid hotel.

Old Feb 4, 2024, 11:00 am

They just have the classic room available but it seems as though you can’t book when you add a child. I’m a lowly Discoverist and don’t have any Suite night award upgrades…. I agree though, wonderful location

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
Is Pousada de Lisboa not available? It's right on Praca do Comercio, in walking distance to Carmo Convent & Time Out Market, and the bus stop is just steps away.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:36 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Note that this hotel does actually have Chromecast - you have to use the Source button on the remote and go to HDMI1 - there is not a button in the portal, so it’s kind of hidden.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:22 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I don’t disagree with previous reviews that the Hyatt Regency Lisboa is a good hotel, and I guess I understand why it could be a good option if you don’t want to stay in the middle of the city. For me, the location is a bit of a drag, but I guess it’s about the same as the much more traditional Sheraton and Marriott. The river setting might make the HR more appealing. With that being said, the hotel felt a bit lonely and feels a bit generic (and perhaps questionably constructed with what appeared to be water damage in the bathroom). Here are my impressions:
  • Upgraded to a Deluxe Suite with 1 queen bed (noticeably a queen) - believe this is the base suite type - facing courtyard, but I could see the bridge - not sure if higher suites are available - they are designed as an A side and a B side - the A side is the suite - the B side could be a connecting second bedroom from the entrance hall
  • The bed was comfortable - plush mattress, plush pillows, not super thick covers (could be thicker), but climate control seemed to leave the room a bit humid so I wasn’t cold
  • They seem to have added shower door seals (I noticed dark wood damage on the bathroom door at the bottom), and while the rainfall head had good pressure, it spurted in odd directions (not straight down) and was hard to use - the soap bottles were too tall for the soap hole, as well
  • Large dining table and full kitchen with refrigerator, freezer, oven, dishwasher, washer and dryer combo
  • Property felt a bit like a ghost town at times
  • Left two truffles as a welcome gift
  • Property has 10 EUR service fee but sign says you can waive it if you ask at check-in, which I did (says it includes water and coffee, but that’s also in the Globalist benefit and was already in my room - something about a spa discount and a smoothie - not sure since I waived the fee)
  • Globalist happy hour in the restaurant was from 4 to 5 PM - choice of wine, beer, soft drink, or juice - the orange juice was good - only one tapas selection, which was curry hummus (quite good)
  • Breakfast was decent - buffet with some a la carte options (listed upcharge for Benedicts, avocado toast, and fruit plate was 5 Euros - nothing for omelets and pancakes) - omelet was good, pancakes would have been good if they weren’t covered with an overpowering berry sauce, cappuccino was good
  • No issue with 4 PM late checkout
  • Staff seemed less warm than other Lisboa hotels I have tried - but not rude

So while not perfect, the HR Lisboa is a solid hotel.

Photos:

Old Feb 12, 2024, 6:22 pm

They really cut back on the welcome amenity. Half bottle of port to some breakfast nata to two truffles.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by myperks
They really cut back on the welcome amenity. Half bottle of port to some breakfast nata to two truffles.
Admittedly, I’m glad it wasn’t nata - four days in Lisbon, and I’m quite tired of pasteis de nata.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I stayed here for a week. It was my first trip to Portugal, and I spent half the time at a conference (there's a convention center 30 seconds from the hotel) and half the time with family going around town. We got a 2bd apt, and the total came out to about $8k for the week. I imagine the rate helped us secure a better view from the room, which was a full-frontal of the convention center, iconic bridge, and a bit of a river view. We were also directly under a busy flight path, which my 1.5 year old kid absolutely loved.

I had a more positive impression of the hotel than the above poster in a few categories:

Location- Admittedly, the convention center drove my location decision, but it ended up being great for seeing the city as well. The first day, we just took it easy and walked along the river path to Belem and saw the major sights. Taking a tram back was easy, and on other days, we sometimes opted for the extremely cheap Bolt app or reasonably priced Uber/taxi options. The modern tram also took us directly into the main touristy areas in a really convenient fashion. We also walked to the hipster LX factory (twice), and my wife walked with my kid to the carriage museum, transit museum, and to the MAAT museum all nearby. Also, the plaza between the hotel and convention center isn't fancy, but my toddler liked running around/climbing/playing there.
Bed size- You're right here, it sure wasn't a Cal King. I also disliked the pillows as they were too soft.
Shower/bathroom- Absolutely amazing. Water pressure was impeccable, and it was super clean. Honestly, I stayed at the Park Hyatt New York last week and I think I prefer the Lisbon shower.
Welcome gift- each of my bedrooms had their own bottle of port and 2x pasteis de nata.
Free happy hour for Globalists- I didn't get to see it myself, was too busy, but my father said there was quite a bit on offer, and the hotel extended benefits to all of my room guests (A and B)

Oh, and water was actually replenished every day. 4x/day plus I asked a person for more and they very kindly lugged up 18x more for free. I later learned that you can also really easily order Uber eats groceries to stock the fridge.
so152so14 and iluvdoco like this.
Old May 3, 2024, 5:26 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
One night here using a FNA for a standard room and got upgraded to Corner Premium Suite River View.

Staff was helpfull, late checkout conceded until 4pm without any problem. We had dinner and brunch at the hotel and the food is good without being outstanding. Rooftop bar has very nice views. Quite close to the main attractions in Belem area and a very pleasant walk.

I didn't enquire about the pool as we had no time for that and the weather was not inviting.

There's evident water damage to the wood in the bathroom, from the shower.
Old May 6, 2024, 3:03 pm

We're landing very early in the morning and have a toddler in tow. Rather than deal with the trains our first morning in Lisbon, I'm planning on just getting a car to the hotel. My issue is finding a car service/taxi/Uber/Blacklane?/etc. that can guarantee a car seat. Any recommendations? Looks like the hotel is only about a 15-20 minute drive rather than an 45 minute public transport commute.

Separate question for those of you that have already stayed there. Is the tram that runs in front of the hotel to the city center pretty reliable and safe? I believe it's the Number 15 tram?
Old May 7, 2024, 2:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I think a taxi/Uber/Bolt is definitely the way to go. It's insanely cheap by US standards. We brought a foldable car seat (Wayb Pico) so I can't comment on finding a car with a seat.

The tram in front of the hotel is reliable and safe. We rode it with our toddler, with and without stroller, several times. It was a highlight of his day. You can buy tickets on board, though sometimes the tram is busy and it can be harder to do so. It is more expensive to do this than buying a reloadable card or whatever at the train station, but I was happy to pay for the convenience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.