Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lisbon - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 12:16 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG

Yes, finally a Hyatt branded hotel in Lisbon, interesting for us Europeans and a great location, too. late 2020 opening

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123842

CHICAGO (May 20, 2019) Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a franchise and related agreements with Realtejo – Hotelaria e Turismo, S.A., owned subsidiary of United Investments Portugal and Fibeira, to develop the first Hyatt branded hotel in Portugal: Hyatt Regency Lisbon. Expected to open in late 2020, the hotel will feature 200 hotel rooms and apartments and will be located between Rua Guerra Junqueiro and Avenida da Índia, a stunning waterfront location facing Tejo River.

The foray into Lisbon, Portugal’s coastal capital city, is an important milestone for Hyatt, signifying its growing brand presence in increasingly competitive markets across the continent. The number of tourists visiting Portugal has increased for eight consecutive years, with 12.8 million travelers visiting in 2018 alone.

• Exterior view of Hyatt Regency Lisbon
The hotel will be situated just a five-minute drive from Lisbon’s historic city center and within easy reach of many major attractions, including the two UNESCO World Heritage sites: the Bélem Tower and the Jéronimos Monastery. These nearby sites, along with its prime location across from Lisbon’s conference center and convenient access to the airport, will make the Hyatt Regency brand a natural fit with its appeal to both business and leisure travelers seeking a seamless experience.

Hyatt Regency Lisbon will offer a wide range of intuitive facilities, including a luxurious spa, a swimming pool, a rooftop terrace bar with views over the river, as well as a beautiful courtyard and garden.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Haven't been to Lisbon in awhile. The perfect excuse...
59Impala likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Here's the location on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/xMNehkEP2dZQGqAD6
Old May 20, 2019, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm not convinced that being a five minute DRIVE from stuff of interest and next to a convention center is a good location. I suspect it's also farther from the airport than most other competing hotels in the city, such as the Sheraton (which isn't in the best location either, but it's close and convenient to the airport and you can walk to a lot of things).
Old Aug 18, 2020, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Thought I'd bump the thread based on an ad that showed up just now while on FT:

Which, from the hotel's website says:

FWIW.

David
Old Aug 19, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I wonder if they will open on time. Location is not the best but lots of trams/buses near by.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I wonder if they will open on time. Location is not the best but lots of trams/buses near by.
This reminds me of searching for hotels in Portugal and being shown a hotel in Morocco IIRC by the Hyatt website. Not even the same continent, although perhaps the distance was less than any Hyatt in Europe. Still, I thought it was funny, and also a good demonstration of how small Hyatt's footprint is in some areas of the world.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 4:28 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Is this still on? Can't find anything in Portugal in their pipeline map...

https://www.hyatt.com/development/explore-hotels/map
Old Aug 21, 2020, 6:08 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

that website is not very consistent I believe, based on experiences I made, too.

considering that the press release is still visible on the hyatt website and the add which just appeared 2 days ago for FT user DELee I presume it is still on.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I would *love* this hotel be a thing. Lisbon is a city that's been on my "watch" list for a while, and having a new Hyatt there would definitely push me towards prioritizing it.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by 59Impala
that website is not very consistent I believe, based on experiences I made, too.

considering that the press release is still visible on the hyatt website and the ad which just appeared 2 days ago for FT user DELee I presume it is still on.
The apartments, at least, are being and have been sold: https://lisboaresidences.com/en/

The hotel as a property on world.hyatt.com does not yet appear in searches for Lisbon for late 2020 and early 2021 so far.

David
59Impala likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:46 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enelym1978
Is this still on? Can't find anything in Portugal in their pipeline map...

https://www.hyatt.com/development/explore-hotels/map
As per the press release on the Andaz Lisbon, the HR Lisbon should still open, but in 2022
Old Nov 1, 2020, 4:53 am

At least it seems that the 97 appartments are to be sold.

Here are some informations about the residences.

https://lisboaresidences.com/

When I visited Lisbon in August, I saw advertisements at the airport and I also drove past the location where the Hyatt is going to be build. They were in the beginning stage of construction, because there was only one floor built.

This is what the construction looked like in late August:

Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Website is now showing an April 1st, 2022 opening date.
59Impala likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 6:59 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Recruiting starting

Hyatt Regency Lisbon recruiting 150 employees

The Hyatt Regency, a new hotel in the capital, which is scheduled to open in April 2022, has announced the launch of a recruitment process with 150 vacancies, in which it seeks “talents to assume different management and operational functions”.

Source: https://www.theportugalnews.com/news...mployees/63770

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.