Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Taipei (and Andaz Taipei)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Taipei (and Andaz Taipei)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:46 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, lots of miles but no status w/ usual *A, OW & ST suspects
https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz.../05/2003741118

Doesn't seem like the developer is looking to fill the building w/ hotel rooms now?
hp12c likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
The GH renewal is disappointing - I was hoping they'd deflag and Hyatt would manage a new GH at the Taipei Towers over by the main station (assuming that project ever gets built anyway).
Old Aug 6, 2020, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by gengar
Looks like the foundation at the Taipei Sky Tower site is finally complete and hopefully we'll see above-ground construction soon. As I posted in the GH thread, I think a topping-off before 2022 rolls around is still possible, but it seems incredibly unlikely the hotel could open by then.
Given the local demand for luxury hotel is low (MO TPE clearly cannot survive with local demand and remains closed. Locals seem to favor W style over MO) and current travel situation, I would be surprised to see PH TPE opening before 2024.

BTW, I am very intrigued that a W hotel can be the top hotel for so long in a city, even charging rates similar to MO TPE if I remember correctly.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 3:30 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by just2010just
BTW, I am very intrigued that a W hotel can be the top hotel for so long in a city, even charging rates similar to MO TPE if I remember correctly.
I usually stay at the W when I need to be in Xinyi, but after I dropped SPG I'd always cross-check MO just in case. But typically, the Marvelous Suite I usually take at the W would price out around just the basic club room at the MO, so really not in the same ballpark. The service at the W is actually quite good, so perhaps that's why it has engendered loyalty. I usually avoid the W brand, but have always been happy staying at the W Taipei.

Certainly, I expect many new developments to be delayed worldwide pending the travel situation.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:24 am

The GH renewal is disappointing - I was hoping they'd deflag and Hyatt would manage a new GH at the Taipei Towers over by the main station (assuming that project ever gets built anyway).
The GH renewal is short term, only through 2025. I think this timing could align with a new GH near main station.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by east_west
The GH renewal is short term, only through 2025. I think this timing could align with a new GH near main station.
Thanks for the info. Of course, if they just move the existing management team over, any potential benefit will be limited.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by east_west
That would be awesome if true. Where did you get that information from? I would love to have a Grand Hyatt near or at the Main Station.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
That would be awesome if true. Where did you get that information from? I would love to have a Grand Hyatt near or at the Main Station.
Past developers for the long-delayed superstructure at Taipei plot C1 ("Gate to Taipei", "Taipei Towers", "Taipei Twin Towers", "Taipei Gateway", or whatever it might be called now) were reported to have approached Hyatt to manage a hotel there, which led to speculation years ago that a Park Hyatt might be opened there. That was actually the first talk of a PH Taipei AFAIK. Then Riant signed a deal with Hyatt to manage an Andaz and PH at Taipei Sky Tower in 2018. But then when rumors started swirling that the current GH Taipei might deflag, it revived speculation that whoever develops C1 might again contract with Hyatt to manage a property there, hence possibly a GH.

To be clear, the C1 superstructure may very well never get built. It's been under discussion for more than a decade (obviously since they approved the airport MRT) and IIRC at least four developers have canceled their plans over this time period.
lsquare and east_west like this.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Past developers for the long-delayed superstructure at Taipei plot C1 ("Gate to Taipei", "Taipei Towers", "Taipei Twin Towers", "Taipei Gateway", or whatever it might be called now) were reported to have approached Hyatt to manage a hotel there, which led to speculation years ago that a Park Hyatt might be opened there. That was actually the first talk of a PH Taipei AFAIK. Then Riant signed a deal with Hyatt to manage an Andaz and PH at Taipei Sky Tower in 2018. But then when rumors started swirling that the current GH Taipei might deflag, it revived speculation that whoever develops C1 might again contract with Hyatt to manage a property there, hence possibly a GH.

To be clear, the C1 superstructure may very well never get built. It's been under discussion for more than a decade (obviously since they approved the airport MRT) and IIRC at least four developers have canceled their plans over this time period.
Thanks for the info. I actually prefer the Taipei Main Station since it's near the MRT to the airport.

Off-topic, but is there a Hilton, Marriott, or a Hyatt near Main Station?

Thx bro!
Old Aug 10, 2020, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Thanks for the info. I actually prefer the Taipei Main Station since it's near the MRT to the airport.

Off-topic, but is there a Hilton, Marriott, or a Hyatt near Main Station?

Thx bro!
Sheraton Grand is near Shandao Temple station (one stop on Blue line and less than a 10-minute walk from the southeast corner of Taipei Station), but it's on the opposite side of the airport MRT. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html

Doubletree recently opened a property about half a mile northeast of Taipei Main Station (near Zhongshan Station). Some reports in the general Hilton Taiwan thread ( DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Taiwan {TWN} ), specifically starting in post 64.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sheraton Grand is near Shandao Temple station (one stop on Blue line and less than a 10-minute walk from the southeast corner of Taipei Station), but it's on the opposite side of the airport MRT. DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Taiwan {TWN}

Doubletree recently opened a property about half a mile northeast of Taipei Main Statoin (near Zhongshan Station). Some reports in the general Hilton Taiwan thread starting in post 64: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30722480-post64.html
You're the best! I'll keep that in mind going forward.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I'm quite happy that the GH remains at the location as it is. I also like their Premier 101 view rooms and the lounge is very decent. Never had bad experiences here.

Now I want the PH / Andaz to open. As far as the W is concerned, I wonder how the hotel would fare without the Woobar scene and events? It's my favorite W as well. Love the breakfast at Kitchen Table.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 10:09 pm

Walked past the building coming from the GH that will house the future Park Hyatt and Andaz Taipei. Seems the outer shell is mostly complete with the slopping roof (per artistic rendering). Bottom has the fence banner with the Park Hyatt and Andaz logo. Excited for these properties to come online.

Old Feb 26, 2023, 1:38 am

Seeing this view everyday, progress seems extremely slow.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Seeing this view everyday, progress seems extremely slow.
Hoping for early Jan 2024 opening but not sure if that’s even realistic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.