Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Taipei (and Andaz Taipei)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Taipei (and Andaz Taipei)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2023, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Also the Hyatt Place Xinzhuang has been open for awhile. It shouldn't be labeled "pipeline" anymore.

I'm really looking forward to HR Jinshan and HR Kaohsiung. At that point I'll have Hyatts that I could actually stay at here in Taiwan. Maybe the Andaz Taichung as well although I doubt that would be a practical hotel for me. Might just go once to check it out
Oh, had not heard of these other developments until now. Good to know. Didn't see any info googling HR Kaohsiung. Any idea where it'd be located?
Old Sep 25, 2023, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kirk T
Oh, had not heard of these other developments until now. Good to know. Didn't see any info googling HR Kaohsiung. Any idea where it'd be located?
Not much info online, but from what I can tell it's part of a 4 building project called the crown and probably years away. HR is building D and will be 24 floors, here is the construction site: https://goo.gl/maps/ycBSFMyJZGkpHLUz8
projectmaximus and Kirk T like this.

Last edited by ARLT; Sep 25, 2023 at 8:50 pm
Old Sep 25, 2023, 8:47 pm

Also the Hyatt Place Xinzhuang has been open for awhile. It shouldn't be labeled "pipeline" anymore.

I'm really looking forward to HR Jinshan and HR Kaohsiung. At that point I'll have Hyatts that I could actually stay at here in Taiwan. Maybe the Andaz Taichung as well although I doubt that would be a practical hotel for me. Might just go once to check it out
HR Jinshan posted on LinkedIn 2 weeks ago for a revenue manager and director of sales and marketing. The Google images look like the exterior is all done, so maybe 2024?

Looks like there's also a Hyatt Centric on the site of the old Fullerton hotel in Songshan: https://maps.app.goo.gl/F2CeLSNZSzcHRpSb9
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by ARLT
HR Jinshan posted on LinkedIn 2 weeks ago for a revenue manager and director of sales and marketing. The Google images look like the exterior is all done, so maybe 2024?
That would be awesome. I still don't see any mention on the Hyatt booking site when searching Taiwan (usually see a "coming soon"). Fwiw they've been posting for those positions for almost a year...just reposting. So I've learned to temper my expectations regarding timeframe.
ARLT likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 9:58 pm

That would be awesome. I still don't see any mention on the Hyatt booking site when searching Taiwan (usually see a "coming soon"). Fwiw they've been posting for those positions for almost a year...just reposting. So I've learned to temper my expectations regarding timeframe.
Ah bummer, good to know about the reposted LinkedIn posts.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by ARLT
Here's a photo from last month: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150652...3/53127236955/

The glass is almost to the top, but the interior will take a while...
Thanks for the photo, glad to see the construction is making progress.
However if this is the current status I am afraid it won't open in 2024.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 5:47 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
The sign says it - "fashionably late" - hah!

TerryK, lsquare, luvFclass and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
New Properties: Taipei - Park Hyatt AND Andaz - @Sky Taipei

https://www.gq.com.tw/article/%E5%8F...rk-hyatt-andaz

Reportedly opening in 2024. Both hotels will be in the same building... I guess if one needed to hop between brands, this will be as easy as it gets.

About time there's some more Hyatt presence.

ETA: Imagine viewing Taipei 101 New Year's fireworks will be pretty splendid site.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:47 pm

Based upon the looks of things when I passed by few months ago I would say 2024 open would be aggressive. I hope its true as more options would be nice, but Im guessing 2025 is more accurate.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 3:11 pm

Pls lord make this happen.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 5:30 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Existing 4-Page Thread at Park Hyatt Taipei (and Andaz Taipei)
Old Dec 4, 2023, 5:30 pm

The article offers no details about the timetable so I think they may not really know. Fwiw, in the last few months it appears a lot of progress has been made on the exterior so it could be possible.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 3:29 am

Someome posted this in a hyatt FB group previously :

I work for Hyatt, and we have these openings pencilled in for later than you think; the 194-room Park Hyatt is in the lower half of the tower and opens in early 2025, while the 276-room Andaz in the upper half opens in mid-2026.
olouie, lsquare and luvFclass like this.

Last edited by ARLT; Dec 5, 2023 at 5:21 am
Old Dec 5, 2023, 5:34 am

Yeah, that seems more reasonable. Not to mention neither is bookable through the end of 2024. If anyone has knowledge about Hyatt Regency Jinshan (New Taipei City) would love to know when that might be expected to open
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 5:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
This article has additional context https://www.vogue.com.tw/article/the...t-taipei-andaz

►"The Sky Taipei" Highlight #03: The reason why Andaz is located on a higher floor than Park Hyatt
As soon as the architectural renderings came out in 2018, it was announced that the floor of the Andaz Taipei Hotel would be higher than that of the Park Hyatt Hotel in Taipei, which immediately aroused a lot of discussion from the outside world. According to common sense, the brand positioning of Park Hyatt is higher than that of Andaz. If the two major hotel brands are in the same building, the floors of Park Hyatt should be higher than Andaz. Regarding this layout, the Shuohe development team also shared with us the reason for Guzhongyuan: "The first is the "moving line". The floors where Andaz is located are the 30th to 49th floors of the back building. Tenants need to take the express elevator from the first floor to the 49th floor. Check in at the hotel lobby, and then go down to the floor where the guest rooms are (30-43 floors); the Park Hyatt is on the 16-28 floors of the back building, but we set the hotel lobby directly on the side facing the park. We think guests staying at the Park Hyatt will appreciate the simple, direct, quiet and low-key process."

"The second consideration is 'landscape'. From an architectural point of view, the height of each floor is higher than the average floor height in Taiwan, so the 16th floor of the Park Hyatt Hotel is almost the 20th floor of the building next to it. Since the surrounding buildings are actually not too high, we believe that the high-altitude scenery that can be seen between the 16th and 28th floors is the most beautiful. If it is any higher, the scenery will become as small as ants. After multiple considerations, we believe it is most appropriate to place the Park Hyatt in the middle of the floor, while Andaz's presence on the high floors also echoes the brand's dynamic and trendy tone."
YariGuy, lsquare, Dave510 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.