Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2023, 2:30 am

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Amazing specificity ffgap , thank you. And agreed on the value MarkP24 - not a legendary redemption, but beats cash out of pocket handily.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by leland
Amazing specificity ffgap , thank you. And agreed on the value MarkP24 - not a legendary redemption, but beats cash out of pocket handily.
Agreed. Enjoy your stay!
Old Oct 3, 2023, 2:54 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Had a one night stay here past Sunday, arrived around 9:30 pm. Upgraded from standard twin room to large twin with sofa bed.
great hotel for a one night stay.
would stay here anytime again.

we took a taxi from and to the airport. Taximeter showed 11-12 Euro and we gave 15. curtious drivers and helpful with the luggage, maybe due to the tip? We left the hotel around 7:30, and thee were 4 Taxis waiting, so no issue. Uber would work fine, too. Typically a 3-4 minute wait as per the app.

we did not have breakfast, as we wanted to be early at the airport due to the dreadful baggage handling issues at FRA airport, and had breakfast in the Senator Lounge, so cannot comment on this.

in room coffee was a bit a bummer, only instant coffee.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 59Impala

in room coffee was a bit a bummer, only instant coffee.
Tea kettle and instant coffee is pretty standard in European hotels, isn’t it? Unless it’s a fancy hotel with a Nespresso machine in the room, and for me personally a single shot espresso in the morning doesn’t really work to jumpstart my brain. We usually bring some Starbucks Vias for European trips (also instant coffee).
Old Oct 3, 2023, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Tea kettle and instant coffee is pretty standard in European hotels, isn’t it?
If you're staying at HIEX or Hampton, then yes.

But if you are staying at something a little better, you see Nespresso more often than not. Like, most Novotels have them, CP's, Radisson Blu's, DT's etc. I would not call those brands "fancy".

BTW, I am posting this from the HP CDG and it does have a Nespresso machine knock-off. But you have to buy the capsules downstairs (4 for 6€).
Well, does not surprise me, the HH and HP aren't exactly my favorites at CDG (I'd consider the Hilton and HIEX to be superior options, but couldn't resist the 5k points rate at Hyatt this timemconsidering rates elsewhere).
Old Oct 3, 2023, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ffgap
If you're staying at HIEX or Hampton, then yes.

But if you are staying at something a little better, you see Nespresso more often than not. Like, most Novotels have them, CP's, Radisson Blu's, DT's etc. I would not call those brands "fancy".
Thinking back at the various FRA airport hotels I have stayed at recently, the HGI and the Marriott both have tea kettle and instant coffee. So while I don’t recall what m6 Hyatt Place room had (years ago), it doesn’t surprise me that it apparently is a tea kettle.

Frankly, in the US most hotel room coffee makers don’t exactly produce high quality coffee either. With Keurig machines at some locations at least I can shop for my own favorite flavor at a grocery store.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 2:05 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Tea kettle and instant coffee is pretty standard in European hotels, isn’t it? Unless it’s a fancy hotel with a Nespresso machine in the room, and for me personally a single shot espresso in the morning doesn’t really work to jumpstart my brain. We usually bring some Starbucks Vias for European trips (also instant coffee).
i mostly have nespresso in hotels nowadays. Instant coffee (should) be gone nowadays, such mediocre quality. I think the UK still often has instant coffee

Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:32 pm

Just stayed at this hotel last night (was lucky as originally I was going to connect same day in FRA, but I would've been on a flight that was canceled, along with many others this morning in FRA).

For an airport hotel, it's excellent, with some caveats. The location is normally very convenient as it's so close to the S-Bahn station. However, last night there was a train strike that meant no S-Bahn in Frankfurt, so I ended up taking the bus (and a Bolt this morning back to the airport). The room isn't large but perfectly comfortable, and soundproofing is amazing. One criticism I have though is that both last night and this morning I saw very long lines to check in, with just one staff member at check-in. When I arrived last night (around 10 pm), it looked like I might have to wait around an hour to check in, but luckily I checked the app and saw that I could check in there and get my room key in-app. However, they really should've been better staffed; after a long flight there's nothing worse than a long wait to get into your room.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 02nz
One criticism I have though is that both last night and this morning I saw very long lines to check in, with just one staff member at check-in. When I arrived last night (around 10 pm), it looked like I might have to wait around an hour to check in, but luckily I checked the app and saw that I could check in there and get my room key in-app. However, they really should've been better staffed; after a long flight there's nothing worse than a long wait to get into your room.
When I tried to check in online for the airport Hilton Garden Inn or Sheraton at FRA a few months ago, it didn’t work, and the front desk agent told me that this feature wasn’t available in Germany because they are required to check ID. Read somewhere else that it was the law, but unless the Hyatt folks are complete scofflaws, it seems to be more the policy of some hotels. But the long line experience at 10pm at the Sheraton was the same… they really need to work harder to get people into their rooms.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:49 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Thinking back at the various FRA airport hotels I have stayed at recently, the HGI and the Marriott both have tea kettle and instant coffee. So while I don’t recall what m6 Hyatt Place room had (years ago), it doesn’t surprise me that it apparently is a tea kettle.

Frankly, in the US most hotel room coffee makers don’t exactly produce high quality coffee either. With Keurig machines at some locations at least I can shop for my own favorite flavor at a grocery store.
I am in the hotel and checking out soon...the coffee machine is Julius Meinl (Vienna brand).I have stayed here overnight several times and I believe it is one of the best HP I have stayed at.

Last edited by retirementdreams; Dec 18, 2023 at 10:12 am Reason: update: back in HP FRA for one night: room has the kettle with instant coffee etc. booked cheapest room both times: globalist
Old Dec 13, 2023, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by retirementdreams
I am in the hotel and checking out soon...the coffee machine is Julius Meinl (Vienna brand).
Maybe they have the machines in the larger/more expensive rooms. I stayed in a standard room, and it was defintely just instant coffee, no machine except a water kettle.

ETA: Confirmed, the Julius Meinl coffee machine is listed as an amenity for the Deluxe and Premium rooms.

Last edited by 02nz; Dec 19, 2023 at 9:07 am
Old Dec 19, 2023, 3:37 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Originally Posted by 02nz
Maybe they have the machines in the larger/more expensive rooms. I stayed in a standard room, and it was defintely just instant coffee, no machine except a water kettle.

this is strange ...I posted last night that I now have the water/instant coffee in the current room. I'll be back one more night in a few weeks..wonder what will be in there...
and I wonder where I posted about the coffee.... I've got to quit drinking that screw cap wine.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 8:41 am

this is strange ...I posted last night that I now have the water/instant coffee in the current room. I'll be back one more night in a few weeks..wonder what will be in there...
and I wonder where I posted about the coffee.... I've got to quit drinking that screw cap wine.
It looks like you updated your earlier post but put the update in the "reason for update" field, rather than in the actual post:

update: back in HP FRA for one night: room has the kettle with instant coffee etc. booked cheapest room both times: globalist
Old Dec 19, 2023, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I now wonder where you really stayed when you saw the Julius Meinl machine after that screw cap wine.

(pro tip: there are many good screw caps; I usually look for them when traveling since hotel rooms usually don’t have cork screws. But stay away from those little box wines )
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Had a nice overnight stay here last week. 8,000 points.
My wife was exhausted when we arrived, so we didn't want to take the train. Took a cab which was about 15 euros. Driver asked if we could pay cash because for some reason that, combined with being gone less than 15 minutes would let him jump the queue back at the airport. I did pay cash, he was very happy and I think he easily made his 15 minutes.
Globalist recognition on check-in, water, etc. Nice note and a big bottle of water in the room. Breakfast was a fairly standard European buffet, maybe a little less cheese/meat option than typical. Good breads and sausages as expected in Germany. The cook happily made fresh scrambled eggs for my wife rather than the hot plate ones.
The bar was hopping for some conference and a Champions League quarter final with a German team. Good beers on tap, good selection of liquor, good late night food, reasonable prices.
Instant coffee in the room.
AirbusFan2B likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.