Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by christianj
I find it hard to believe that the HP shares the garage under the element with the element since it’s only a one level garage that is not very large.
They list 110 parking spaces (incl. 5 EV spots) on their wesbite, and the hotel has 312 rooms. Not sure about typical airport hotel room/parking ratios, so I emailed the hotel to find out if the garage fills up.

I'll update this thread when I hear back and also when I see what the garage configuration looks like with regards to the Element. Heck, maybe I'll end up parking in the Element parking garage if it is separate and has space
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
So I can now confirm that

- Element and Hyatt Place do share a parking garage entrance/exit. They have separate garage sections (different color schemes, separated by fire doors), but there is technically no reason you couldn’t park in the Element section while staying at the HP or vice versa

- there appears to be plenty of parking, Zero Problem getting a good sized space. HP responded to my email within minutes, too, confirming that it would not be a problem.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Originally Posted by FattyJWPlatWOHGlob
are there any reviews of the rooms in this property?
Stayed there last night. I usually stay at the full service hotels but needed a room for one night so I thought I'd give it a shot. First impression was very good. The two ladies at the front desk were great. They gave me a free upgrade to a larger room and told me if there were spots available I could park on the street directly across from the hotel. I lucked out and got a spot. The room upgrade wasn't that great. The larger room meant they had extra space in the room for a fold out couch. which would be great for people traveling with kids but I was alone and didn't need an extra bed. Because they added this extra space the TV was off at an angle from the King bed. Also when you are lying down in the King bed, your head is about two feet away from the entry door. I didn't notice any noise from the hallway but it's possible nobody walked down the hall while I was resting. There were however strange noises coming from the room upstairs so I asked to be moved to a room on the top floor. They were able to get me a normal sized room which I liked better than the larger room. With the normal room the bed is set back behind the bathroom so you have a buffer between the bed and the front door. The room was very quiet and comfortable. The furnishings new. TV was fine, about 7 English channels, mostly news. (CNN, BBC, SKY, CNBC). I did get a good night's sleep and the bed was comfortable. There's nothing to see in the area where the hotel is. There's a few other similar hotels in the area and a lot of construction. I decided to go for a walk to Terminal 2 which took about 20 minutes.

A couple of strange things happened here that I've never seen at another hotel. When I checked in, they offered me a free beverage from their Gallery Market which is like a mini food store with snacks and beverages. I asked for a bottle of still water. They told me they only carried carbonated water. I told the lady at the check in area that I've never been to a hotel that didn't offer regular still water for their guests and she was able to find me a bottle of still water from their restaurant. The other issue I had was I went to the restaurant and ordered a salad and asked the waiter to make it to go. He told me that I could not take food from the restaurant to my room and I would have to eat in the restaurant. I cancelled the order and spoke with the lady at the front desk and she told me the waiter was wrong and she took care of the order for me. These are issues that I might expect from a brand new hotel but they've been open for over a year now.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed at this property yesterday on a stopover on a long drive through Europe, and to get my final night to achieve Globalist status.

For the €80 I paid, it's a very reasonable option. I got the "room upgrade" (which basically just means an extra couch...). Rooms are large, modern, and functional. Nothing for instagram, but gets the job done of a good nights sleep. I also had a quite nice pumpkin soup for dinner, very reasonable priced at €6.50, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet which was included for me as Explorist, and included the usual of scrambled eggs and extended continental selection.

Some issues: parking at €24 per night is excessively expensive compared to the room rate, and the gym is quite tiny and has mainly a handful of cardio machines, with very limited options for weight training. But then again, not many <€100 properties offer a gym in the first place in Europe. Check in and out was very friendly but quite slow, given that there was a lot of pre-holiday traveling going on.

Overall, functional, and good value for money (except for the garage). I'd stay again if convenient (or needing to top up my Hyatt nights, not that many other options in Central Europe for budget stays in the Hyatt portfolio).
Old Dec 22, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I had a day stay here in April, since I was arriving from the US in the morning and was going to be picked up by a colleague mid-afternoon. Wait for the shuttle at FRA was a bit long. I booked for the night before and requested late checkout instead of a day rate. Front desk had a hard time finding my reservation at check in, because it was for the previous night and I was a no show. They eventually sorted it out, but I had to call in later to get credit for the 1 night.

The breakfast was pretty decent, better choices than US HP. I was upgraded to a rather large room and had a nice nap for a few hours. The lobby and breakfast areas were very spacious and modern European decor, nicer than US HP that I have stayed in. The staff were all very friendly. At least now I have options at FRA between Sheraton and HP.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
The website says you can take the S Bahn from the airport to Gateway Gardens to reach the hotel. Is that doable? Can you walk? Also, is the hotel convenient to the S-Bahn to go into the city center?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
The website says you can take the S Bahn from the airport to Gateway Gardens to reach the hotel. Is that doable? Can you walk? Also, is the hotel convenient to the S-Bahn to go into the city center?
If you arrive to Terminal 2, you can walk to the hotel from the airport. If you arrive to Terminal 1, you can take the S-Bahn to the hotel - the same lines continue on to the city centre. Gateway Gardens is easily walkable.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you arrive to Terminal 2, you can walk to the hotel from the airport. If you arrive to Terminal 1, you can take the S-Bahn to the hotel - the same lines continue on to the city centre. Gateway Gardens is easily walkable.
so helpful! How late does S Bahn run?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:02 am

Every 15 minutes all day ( :00 :15 :30 :45 ) except between 1am and 4am every half hour ( :00 :30) .
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you arrive to Terminal 2, you can walk to the hotel from the airport.
Hiya

Could you expand on how to do this - I have had a look on google maps and it just shows walking along the motorway! I am arriving late at night and am female - is walking a safe option?

Regards

aks120
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:26 am

You can actually see the property (and other hotels/Gateway Gardens area) standing outside of Terminal 2.

The odd part is just walking down the exit from T2 (where the cars drive and sidewalk is very narrow) but after that there are just a few streets to cross with traffic lights. its safe to walk imho, but its at least 15 minutes and I would probably just go to T1 and drive one station with the S-bahn; especially with lugagge.
aks120 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aks120
Hiya

Could you expand on how to do this - I have had a look on google maps and it just shows walking along the motorway! I am arriving late at night and am female - is walking a safe option?

Regards

aks120
It's been awhile since I've done it, but you walk under the motorway on a normal road with a sidewalk / pavement for pedestrians. Google Maps does make it look a bit more intimidating than it actually is.

That said.... late night, female alone, not quite sure of directions... I probably wouldn't. (even though it's just a business park area with hotels and offices - so no dodgy characters hanging around a kebab shop or 24-hour grocery store - but equally not a lot of people walking around)

The annoying thing about Terminal 2 is that taxis won't want to take you such a short distance, so you have to take the shuttle train to Terminal 1 to get the hotel shuttle or S-bahn.
aks120 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Thanks both - I will take the train!

aks120
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by aks120
Thanks both - I will take the train!

aks120
Go to the first wagon of S8 or S9 train, when exit the train take the elevator up from front side of the train. You exit in the side of the hotel and there is a sign that the entrance is around the corner.
I have taken the shuttle to HP from T1 and also walked in late evening to next building Element(now closed) hotel from T2 but then the Gateway Gardens station was not yet opened.
aks120 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Jaenks
I have taken the shuttle to HP from T1 and also walked in late evening to next building Element(now closed) hotel from T2 but then the Gateway Gardens station was not yet opened.
The hotel that was previously branded as an Element is NOT closed….it’s now association with Best Western and has left a Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.