Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by samplat
[...]
During our stay, the ticket machine at the Gateway Gardens metro didn’t accept any Euro bills (just coins and cards) and there’s no other option to purchase tickets. There were a couple of folks who only had bills with them and were scrambling to figure out how to get their tickets, so something to be aware of.
[...]
Or: either go to "bahn.de" or download the Deutsche Bahn app onto your phone and buy online. Credit card acceptance guaranteed.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Is it easy enough to get an Uber or taxi from this property to and from the airport?
Old Apr 5, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Is it easy enough to get an Uber or taxi from this property to and from the airport?
Yes very easy. I had to leave very early (6 am) from the Hotel to the Airport and there were a couple of taxis standing by in front of the lobby. Also from the airport is no brainer. I like this property, and I had a decent dinner there.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by afmiami
Yes very easy. I had to leave very early (6 am) from the Hotel to the Airport and there were a couple of taxis standing by in front of the lobby. Also from the airport is no brainer. I like this property, and I had a decent dinner there.
Thank you!

I'm debating between this property and the Hilton FRA. My inbound flight lands in Terminal 2 and outbound flight the next day is from Terminal 1, and I'm debating between this property for 5k Hyatt points (which I value at $75) and Hilton FRA (I'm a Hilton Gold so hopefully get club access, but as my flight departs early the next day I wouldn't need breakfast at the hotel) for a paid rate of 205 Euro (currently about $225 USD). So at the Hyatt I would take a taxi or Uber both ways and at the Hilton, I'd take a taxi or Uber one way (since I land in Terminal 2) and walk to my gate the next morning.

I've never stayed at either. As long as Ubers and taxis are readily available to and from the Hyatt Place, I don't think I can justify spending an extra $150 to stay at the Hilton FRA over the Hyatt Place FRA. I was told staying at the Hilton would save me 30- 45 minutes over the HP. Does that make sense?
Old Apr 5, 2023, 12:17 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Thank you!

I'm debating between this property and the Hilton FRA. My inbound flight lands in Terminal 2 and outbound flight the next day is from Terminal 1, and I'm debating between this property for 5k Hyatt points (which I value at $75) and Hilton FRA (I'm a Hilton Gold so hopefully get club access, but as my flight departs early the next day I wouldn't need breakfast at the hotel) for a paid rate of 205 Euro (currently about $225 USD). So at the Hyatt I would take a taxi or Uber both ways and at the Hilton, I'd take a taxi or Uber one way (since I land in Terminal 2) and walk to my gate the next morning.
I've never stayed at either. As long as Ubers and taxis are readily available to and from the Hyatt Place, I don't think I can justify spending an extra $150 to stay at the Hilton FRA over the Hyatt Place FRA. I was told staying at the Hilton would save me 30- 45 minutes over the HP. Does that make sense?
Depends of the weather, you can walk easily from Terminal 2 to HP. It takes less than 10 minutes. Rewe grocery store is close(behind the Moxy hotel) if you need to buy something. To go back at 6AM to Terminal 1, just go around the corner and take S-bahn, one stop and a few minute ride. Hilton location is more convenient for departure but do not expect Executive lounge access and 5k points vs 225 euros is no brainer. There is a free shuttle between Terminal 1 and 2, in case you decide to stay at Hilton. No taxi needed.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Depends of the weather, you can walk easily from Terminal 2 to HP. It takes less than 10 minutes. Rewe grocery store is close(behind the Moxy hotel) if you need to buy something. To go back at 6AM to Terminal 1, just go around the corner and take S-bahn, one stop and a few minute ride. Hilton location is more convenient for departure but do not expect Executive lounge access and 5k points vs 225 euros is no brainer. There is a free shuttle between Terminal 1 and 2, in case you decide to stay at Hilton. No taxi needed.
Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by michael_v
Do the ticket machines take US credit cards?
Yes, they do. That’s what we used.
Old May 29, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Anyone stayed in the Premium rooms? How is the minibar? I understand it is complimentary. What does it have in it?
Thanks
Old May 29, 2023, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by ACC2008
Anyone stayed in the Premium rooms? How is the minibar? I understand it is complimentary. What does it have in it?
Thanks
I don't have a DP for the premium rooms, but I recently stayed in the regular rooms, and it was fine. I took a taxi to and from the airport (only a few minutes and about 10 Euros each way). Rooms aren't exceptionally large, but they're fine for what I needed it for- to get some sleep before an upcoming flight. Staff were nice. Overall for 5k Hyatt points or sub 100 Euros/ night, it's a solid value, and I would stay here again.
Old May 29, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
I don't have a DP for the premium rooms, but I recently stayed in the regular rooms, and it was fine. I took a taxi to and from the airport (only a few minutes and about 10 Euros each way). Rooms aren't exceptionally large, but they're fine for what I needed it for- to get some sleep before an upcoming flight. Staff were nice. Overall for 5k Hyatt points or sub 100 Euros/ night, it's a solid value, and I would stay here again.
Thanks MarlP24. Would love to know more about their Premium product. Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2023, 10:56 pm

Just stayed here last night. It is 5 minutes walk from the train station.
Please take a note that the room does not include breakfast (I believe in US room rate at a Hyatt place includes complimentary breakfast if you are a member of World of Hyatt), this is some what unusual.
I upgraded to premium room - it is not worth doing it. It is the exact same room as a regular room and has two bottles of water, one coke, diet coke, sprite and bottle of fanta. You will pay between 38 to 50 euro above the room rate for the premium room and it is nothing special unless you value bottle of water, coke, diet coke, sprite and fanta that much more.
Overall it is not as convenient to the airport as the Marriott and Hilton hotels which are within the walking distance.

I will not be returning to this hotel any time soon.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 12:10 am

Just stayed here last night. It is 5 minutes walk from the train station.
Please take a note that the room does not include breakfast (I believe in US room rate at a Hyatt place includes complimentary breakfast if you are a member of World of Hyatt), this is some what unusual.
I upgraded to premium room - it is not worth doing it. It is the exact same room as a regular room and has two bottles of water, one coke, diet coke, sprite and bottle of fanta. You will pay between 38 to 50 euro above the room rate for the premium room and it is nothing special unless you value bottle of water, coke, diet coke, sprite and fanta that much more.
Overall it is not as convenient to the airport as the Marriott and Hilton hotels which are within the walking distance.

I will not be returning to this hotel any time soon.
it may take 5 min from the train station‘s platform to get to the hotel - or one would have to walk in slow motion. Even Google Maps indicates 2 min. walking time and a distance of 220 yards - and their reference point appears to be the middle of the station.

And it doesn’t take much to realise that the hotel is located further from the terminals than the airport-adjacent Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn.

To be fair one has to mention in this context that the Hyatt Place normally comes at a fraction of their prices.

i have nothing but positive experiences here - taking into account what was to be expected.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
How much is the breakfast? It’s been years since I stayed there and back then breakfast was free (at least for me; don’t recall if that was still as Hyatt Diamond or already in the Bonvoy WoH days). I remember that it was quite a nice place for a HP.

I have a reservation at the HP coming up that is about $40 cheaper than what the HGI would cost me. But I would have to pay for rental car parking (*) and breakfast, which would probably make the HGI a better deal overall. Earning elite credits is a non-factor.

(*) I will have a carryon and a larger suitcase that I probably wouldn’t want to drag around more than necessary, so if I stayed at the HP, I would pay for parking and leave it in the car trunk, but if I stayed at the HGI, I would just return the rental car and walk to the hotel.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
How much is the breakfast? It’s been years since I stayed there and back then breakfast was free (at least for me; don’t recall if that was still as Hyatt Diamond or already in the Bonvoy WoH days). I remember that it was quite a nice place for a HP.

I have a reservation at the HP coming up that is about $40 cheaper than what the HGI would cost me. But I would have to pay for rental car parking (*) and breakfast, which would probably make the HGI a better deal overall. Earning elite credits is a non-factor.

(*) I will have a carryon and a larger suitcase that I probably wouldn’t want to drag around more than necessary, so if I stayed at the HP, I would pay for parking and leave it in the car trunk, but if I stayed at the HGI, I would just return the rental car and walk to the hotel.
You could take your luggage to the hotel shuttle stop between the terminal and the Sheraton - that‘s less of a walk than to the HGI in the Squaire behind the Sheraton. There are wait times for the shuttle, though.

With points/status a non-issue and only EUR 40 in price difference, I’d be tempted to opt for the HGI - though I strongly prefer the rooms at the HP.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

I believe the breakfast was either 15 or 20 euros and parking is also extra at Hyatt Place. Rooms and beds are much smaller then the Hyatt places in the US.
I would not stay at this Hyatt place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.